Politics thread

Why the hell was GW Bush president? The american voters have a lot to answer for.

Comments

• Why the hell was Tony Blair prime minister?
    Anyways, we elected Barack Obama, didn't we? So lay off. :p
  • Barak is just as bad. He's not getting the troops out of Iraq (as promised) and he's filled his cabinet with corporation lobbyists (like he promised not to). Same shit, different face.
  • Would John McCain be any better? He had Sarah Palin as his vice president. If those are the kind of choices he makes, then he would be a terrible president. Sarah Palin is an idiot on so many levels. Listening to her talk infuriates me because people actually lap her shit up.
  • Aw man I'd love to see what happened if Palin got into power :D The world is in some dire need of comedy!

McCain would just be as bad. Same people paying the campaign trail. The person who gets into power is of little importance, as they still owe the same people favours.
  • Yeah, it'd all be fun and games until she let loose on Russia with our nuclear arsenal...
  • ^Pop, Atomic War.
    Thousands of kittens made homeless.

Seriously folks, both Russia and the USA should dispose of their nuclear weapons.
    The world would be alot healthier without them.
    If they didnt produce the shits in the first place, noone would need them.
  • In an ideal world we should, but ironically enough they're a great war deterrent. Unfortunately, now the USA feels as though we get to wield the nightstick and police the World.
  • discoverymuchdotcomloseis9.jpg
    Yes, it's related to the topic.
  • "Speak softly and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt.

Although I doubt we're in much of a condition to be wielding a bully pulpit at the time...with tensions THIS high.

I miss Bill Clinton. We had a SURPLUS when he was President instead of this lovely deficit. Wanna know how he did it? Raised taxes. It freakin' works...really.

(Also, Plumber Joe was an attention whore.)
  • *picture*
    This picture is full of win.
  • In an ideal world we should, but ironically enough they're a great war deterrent. Unfortunately, now the USA feels as though we get to wield the nightstick and police the World.
    Theyre a war deterrant to those who dont have nukes.

Which is...Canada, Switzerland, Holland, Denmark, um... I really dont have a clue.

My point being, theres no point of nuclear warheads, unless you want a Nuclear war.
  • Tony Blair was rather good, not like todays cabinet(s, so many...)
    I mean, take The mayor of london, he is a politcian but he la'hs to himself down corridors, and falls over in rivers...how thick is he!
  • Tony Blair was rather good, not like todays cabinet(s, so many...)
    I mean, take The mayor of london, he is a politcian but he la'hs to himself down corridors, and falls over in rivers...how thick is he!
    I wish Leeds had a Borris...wait...We have Demoncard :D

Borris is a funny guy, he's a bit laid back, but he seems to be doing a great job as Mayor.
  • Borris is brilliant! He's a very intelligent guy, and incredibly media-savvy. Do you think he is like that by accident? He'd never have gotten a political possition if he was! He does it because it sells; and how he's the mayor of London! Props to the guy!

As far as disarmament is concerned, just before the collapse of the U.S.S.R. there were talks with the USA about disarmament and the Russians actually took the initiative and started destroying their nuclear weaponry, hoping that the USA would follow suit. Shortly after, however, the Soviet Union collapsed and the USA decided not to do anything. That's really upsetting I thought because now the USA has more nuclear weapons than anyone else, only because the major nuclear threat had weakened itself and then fallen to pieces from internal struggle :(
  • Hokay, so, heres the earth....(skips a bit)
    ...we got 26 billion more than anybody else, whatever
  • Why can't our country be led by a guy that's straight-forward and doesn't make promises he/she can't keep? I'd vote for him/her.
  • ^Pop, Atomic War.
    Thousands of kittens made homeless.

Seriously folks, both Russia and the USA should dispose of their nuclear weapons.
    The world would be alot healthier without them.
    If they didnt produce the shits in the first place, noone would need them.

and without them we would have lost WWII.
  • Not really, Japan would have lost even without the nuke.
    The nuke just speeded it up, and killed a few people in the process.
  • The dropping of the atomic bomb was controversial. The decision wasn't supported unanimously. At the time, Japan was reeling from Col. LeMay's firebombings. Moreover, a plan to invade Tokyo was in the works; however, it was estimated that the US would sustain atleast 1,200,000 casualties in Operation Downfall. The atomic bombs represented a new option. We could save American lives at the cost of Japanese lives. Furthermore, the bomb had never been tested in real combat. It was because of this, that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed because they were large, relatively undamaged cities.
  • Typical USA policy: "Im an American, you're not. So ****ing die!"

In any case, were those Japanese lives really worth less than the American lives?

I mean, they should have flred it at themselves, they could have hit Jay Leno. :lol:

In any case, were those Japanese lives really worth less than the American lives?
    Arguably, no, they weren't worth less than an American's life.
    However, in a time of war, one tends to view the lives of their enemies as a hindrance to their winning.

I mean, they should have flred it at themselves, they could have hit Jay Leno. :lol:
    Your humor fails.
  • That wasnt humor bitch, it was a statement.

You should stop using Shane, its went to your head.
    If this were true, the entire world would be a smoldering pile of rubble. You are an idiot. Stop talking about things you know nothing about.
  • the world almost was a pile of smouldering rubble
  • This will soon become a flame war.
  • This will soon become a flame war.
    Let's see what I can do about that then...

What do you guys think about the 9/11? Personally I think it was an inside job. There's a lot more evidence to support that claim than there is to support the official claim. Discuss.

wtc7an.gif
  • If this were true, the entire world would be a smoldering pile of rubble.
    *cough* Vietnam, Iraq...

9/11: It was Ergo in a plane...I shouldnt have said that. :o

I think it was the CIA.
  • You are an idiot. Stop talking about things you know nothing about.
    Debatable. (not the idiot part :p).

You're trying to replace nukem. tut tut...

You're no Obama, so stop pretending you know more than me.
    You probably cant find your state on a map.

Double post.:)