ACCM Development Updates

ACCM: Omens Development Status:

2/2/2011:
  • The merge tool has been fixed, all splitting options are now properly displayed.
  • The SuperChaingun has been replaced with a highly accurate, 3-burst firing, explosive round Administrative Rifle, which has been dubbed the Conflict Rifle.
  • The deployable large inventory station and vehicle pad are now destroyable.
  • An issue with the lobby while in game has been corrected.
  • Various default settings have been set or removed for ACCM standards.
  • A new, simpler chat command list has been added. Most commands have been recycled, however most were removed.

To do: Add server automation, develop a credits system, new zombie AI, new guns, new vehicles, new spawning methods, map generation, open world scenarios, and the various new gametypes. So basically a fuckton still to do.

Comments

• Reserved. Thread re-opened for discussion... Here we go again. :rolleyes:
  • This is good news.

Are you using a SVN/CVS? I'd be happy to help you with the workload if you are.
  • Freaking sweet. :D
  • This is good news.

Are you using a SVN/CVS? I'd be happy to help you with the workload if you are.

After I get some basic shit finished, then I would be glad to have some help.

The mod is being rebuilt completely. Not made from CCM, just based off of it. Using it as sort of a guideline as to what would be fun to do. The construction aspects from ACCM are already implemented, next on the list is combat stuff.
  • This sounds like one of phantom's projects. However, I do look forward to it. Will kindly ask you implement something like Emp's RPG plugin natively, and also not make weapons rank specific.

Keep in mind those two requests are much sought after by the ACCM players.
  • Well, I didn't want to make a thread about this and the subject itself is quite related so I'll mention it here. Sorry if it is a bit tl;dr. :S

The problem is quite simple. My SI doesn't work. It has been downloaded but everytime I play TX, BC the works, it always shows the screen SI is disabled. It has been quite frustrating and I downloaded the SI from the 'Construct creations' and redownloaded. Still doesn't work. Maybe it was cause it's the quick download one? Help and instructions on how to fix this would be super awesome.
  • ...something like Emp's RPG plugin natively...

Perhaps this was already scheduled for development?
    Well, I didn't want to make a thread about this and the subject itself is quite related so I'll mention it here. Sorry if it is a bit tl;dr. :S

The problem is quite simple. My SI doesn't work. It has been downloaded but everytime I play TX, BC the works, it always shows the screen SI is disabled. It has been quite frustrating and I downloaded the SI from the 'Construct creations' and redownloaded. Still doesn't work. Maybe it was cause it's the quick download one? Help and instructions on how to fix this would be super awesome.

I have never used SI, and as far as I know, it doesn't work with ACCM or CCM very well. Not sure why you're posting this here, perhaps make a thread about it in general discussion?
  • I would help Alviss with Creed instead of making another Tribes 2 mod.
  • I can promise Creed will never get done. At least ACCM has a 50% chance of being done. :)
  • Keep the guns and vics please, just fix them. Like, take out the mortar and the guass, and you'd be all set. Fix the ret's and GUIs on the vics though please. No need to totally re-work it, like phantom did. We all see where that went, and the current weapons and vehs are just fine, don't fix what's not broken.

Also, make it so tech armor can pilot the vics?
  • And a reload key.
  • If you've already got a reload key, put in a status bar.
  • quad post, ftw!
  • Reload key = beacon
  • Add a status bar! So I know that I'm reloading!
  • Snow, you do realize this isn't going to be made off of CCM, right?
  • Stfu Sig

Keep the guns and vics please, just fix them. Like, take out the mortar and the guass, and you'd be all set. Fix the ret's and GUIs on the vics though please. No need to totally re-work it, like phantom did. We all see where that went, and the current weapons and vehs are just fine, don't fix what's not broken.

Also, make it so tech armor can pilot the vics?
    And a reload key.
    quad post, ftw!
    Add a status bar! So I know that I'm reloading!

No you.

And If you put effort into Creed, you might get somewhere.
  • Get where? I'm not trying to go anywhere. Just here.
  • Whatever floats your boat.
  • Just wondering something... seeing as how I've played a bit of ACCM... What is so advanced about it? Seems a bit arrogant to call something advanced when the thing it was based off of has more features and is coded more efficiently in most cases.
  • Who is arrogant again? Derp, troll harder please!
  • Really it was just a comment I've been holding in since its development first started and never really cared to put forward in post form. Bit of a longstanding question in my mind.

But is there a changelog because I'm not sure of what all is different besides a cure for infection and weapons that are loosely based.

Also if I was a troll I would have brought a LOT more fiery comments to the table than that. I am merely asking what is advanced about it. Now if this was about quantium I COULD go on for 2 or 3 pages about how Quan is a tool... So like I said... I could be worse. Also if you don't know who I am and think I am just some random... then that is REALLY insulting and you obviously never played CCM itself before ACCM...
  • You came back and one of your first posts is a flame. That constitutes trolling. Doesn't matter if it is warranted or not, its still trolling. Things like that have much better ways of being worded and are better left in PMs.
  • Aren't you both trolling? :p
  • Humans just like to pretend he's badass. Falcon, ACCM has a couple features and fixes for ACCM. Idk if there's a changelog, but there's a significant difference in gameplay, at least to my mind. However, Nukem likes to add childish things sometimes, like sentinels and flame mortars. If you and Dond were to copy the more positive aspects, like building ease and infection curability, and do it properly so they don't break, CCM would easily outstrip ACCM again.
  • Aren't you both trolling? :p
    Shhhh.
    Humans just like to pretend he's badass.
    :3
    Also if you don't know who I am and think I am just some random... then that is REALLY insulting and you obviously never played CCM itself before ACCM...
    E PEEEEEEN :sick:

Anyways, I feel like I have said everything I need to say. Don't take me too seriously, you just made a bad first impression with me :lol:

Edit: And don't think I am an ACCM fanboy defending anything, i don't play ACCM or CCM. :lol:
  • Really it was just a comment I've been holding in since its development first started and never really cared to put forward in post form. Bit of a longstanding question in my mind.

But is there a changelog because I'm not sure of what all is different besides a cure for infection and weapons that are loosely based.

Also if I was a troll I would have brought a LOT more fiery comments to the table than that. I am merely asking what is advanced about it. Now if this was about quantium I COULD go on for 2 or 3 pages about how Quan is a tool... So like I said... I could be worse. Also if you don't know who I am and think I am just some random... then that is REALLY insulting and you obviously never played CCM itself before ACCM...

More building options, more maps, and more chat commands. It's actually fairly simple, and spices up gameplay quite a bit, and it was fairly popular before T2's player base practically disappeared. It's not like other mods out there that changes the core gameplay completely, my whole plan for ACCM was simply to make building easier than CCM, and add some more versatility in spawning methods for zombies and other AI (thank you Eolk).

The new version of ACCM I had planned wasn't made off of CCM, and was actually going to be something completely different. But since T2 is dead, I haven't bothered doing anything significant for a while.

Oh and since you just came to whine and gather attention... Yes I know who you are, and I don't really give a shit. If you simply asked what was different instead of coming out of nowhere and trying to insult me, things would be different.

If you can't see how ACCM is different from CCM, then you simply haven't actually played it. At the core they're the same, which was intended. But still very different. It's called "advanced" simply because there's more versatility and more options on how to play the game, similar to a sandbox. I know you're going to mention on how simple everything is (simple is not necessarily a bad thing), but you also need to consider you can make some pretty complex bases and/or RP scenarios with AI. Also you have more control over what happens on the server as an admin or host. I could go on and rant, but we don't need a wall of text. Plus I'm starting to sound like Phantom... Too much drama.

Strange you chose now of all times to post this. I suppose it's, as said above, a troll attempt. And I guess I fell for it.

Flame, rage, or rant all you want after this, Falcon. Everything I needed to say is above, so read it thoroughly. I have nothing to prove, aside from this explanation post. Don't expect a pissing contest from me.
  • The reason Creed hasnt had any updates is because TGEA/T3D is hella hard to code for... It's actually a game builder more than an engine. So much shit needs to be removed to get what i want... but then features/editors i do want wont work. It's annoying, Im having more success building a game from scratch off panda. :(
This discussion has been closed.