New Drum n Bass Mix :)

Hey guys I'm working on a new Drum n Bass mix which I'm planning on sending to some promoters in order to get on a bill somewhere :)

let me know what you think so far! It's got 6 tracks so far and they're pretty simply mixed together, but it's only early days yet!

Doc. Leaf - Drum n Bass

Cheeeers! :lol:

Comments

• Lil Spinny the rockstar!

Now, if you were a bioderm...
  • Bump for justice!
  • It was quite repetitive and boring for me, sorry.
  • I'll listen, I'm a big fan of DnB. Are these your own songs, or others?

You listen to any Dubstep?

edit: It's pretty decent, but short.
  • Listened to it, pretty awesome stuff dude =]
  • Cheers for the reviews :)

Man I WISH they were my tunes! I would love to be able to write tunes of that standard! It's still short at the moment, just wanted to take a shapshot of where I was upto and get some feedback :) Ideally, I'm looking at 45-60 mins.

EEHK: I do listen to dubstep from time to time, but I can't listen to it large quantities before the novelty of the phatness wears off for me. I've been to a few nights that are solely dubstep and it gets a bit too much for me. Drum and Bass is the perfect alternative for me personally, as it's got the phatness, but is full speed!

Fast_Fire: Of course it's repetitive, it's dance music. The main point of the music is that you can dance to it. The actual construction Drum and Bass tunes, as with pretty much all dance music, is pretty uniform. This is so it's easy to seamlessly mix several tracks together without interrupting the flow. But you have to look beyond that. With Drum and Bass it's all about the drop and the hook :) It takes a while to really understand the music, kinda like with listening to metal and getting past the fact that the vocals are shouty. You don't just listen to the vocals, you listen to the music as a whole.
  • Fast_Fire: Of course it's repetitive, it's dance music. The main point of the music is that you can dance to it. The actual construction Drum and Bass tunes, as with pretty much all dance music, is pretty uniform. This is so it's easy to seamlessly mix several tracks together without interrupting the flow. But you have to look beyond that. With Drum and Bass it's all about the drop and the hook :) It takes a while to really understand the music, kinda like with listening to metal and getting past the fact that the vocals are shouty. You don't just listen to the vocals, you listen to the music as a whole.

I don't dance, I listen.

I always listen to rock/metal for both the instrumental play and the structure of the songs. If it's just weak guitar solos, pointless lyrics, and amateur drumming, I delete the song. Anyone can make up a random song, but it takes people who truly do it for the music that become the best. Metallica is a great example. Their songs could be both understood and appreciated with actual skill involved behind the instruments. However, like most, they've declined since after their 1991 "Black album".

I've only recently, (Since about 6 months ago), been into electronic music, and, so far, my favorite genres are Hardstyle, Hardcore, and Hard-/Psy-Trance. Why? Because the songs I like from these genres aren't significantly repetitive, thus keeping my interest all the way through. Be it simple distortions, vocals, or merely a change in BPM, there's always a way to prevent having people lose interest.

If DnB is simply the same pattern repeating itself, then either I should make something to change that, or drop the genre completely and try something else. This, I hope, is wrong.
  • Hardstyle is just as repetitive as Drum and Bass. They're both loop-based. You just have to find the style you like and it's just as satisfying of a genre, and I can assure you, there's equal amounts of innovation to be had in both genres.

Try Dieselboy's Substance D, you might like it.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/113616998/Dieselboy-Substance_D-2CD-2008-FNTx.part1.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/113618824/Dieselboy-Substance_D-2CD-2008-FNTx.part2.rar

Here's a couple of interesting songs:

• My fav song is How to be a millionaire - ABC.

ABC pwns.

Bullet for my valentine pwns.

Disturbed pwns.

But Metallica is good at making me laugh. The day that never comes makes me lol at the funny accent.

Enough. More DnB.

kthxbai.

I came, I danced, I listened.
    -Caesar