master server

I know Sierra has or is cutting this, but any news on a new one coming up? Will this prevent you from loggin into Tribes 2 itself or just not get a server list? Also, could you guys running construction mods post your IP's so we can still get to them and build, build, build? Thanks!

Comments

• From the sounds of this, It could be one of two things.

1. Someone has learned how to get into the master server, and has more than likely sent a mass of packets to shut it down.

2. More than likely, Sierra has realized that their 'tribes' 1 and 2 master servers have been left up for all these years, and finally decided to shut them down due to bandwith issues, and more than likely for space.
  • That reminds me, Krash, are you still able to host?
  • Actually, the most likely option is that it's just another of the various downtimes they've had over the years, perhaps even making changes to the server load priorities and dumping it on a spot that had previously been used by one of the older games they're dropping support for. The authserv still appears to work fine, as well.
    Vivendi is shutting down the Tribes 1 masters on the 16th, but did not announce any plans to make changes to the T2 masters.

The IP for the Texas server is 74.53.240.114:28000. If you have Xfire you could probably just click on the server status image in my signature.

The IP for the British Columbia server is 24.108.140.239:28000
  • okay, this might sound stupid, but how do i join by an ip? I have xfire, but i still want to know how to do it this way too.

also, xfire does not seem to want to load tribes2...
  • I thought it was just the T1 master... :(
  • At least the ECM servers will appear here: http://absolous.no-ip.com/projects/tribes2/RMSList.php

I've done a bit of updating to my hacky code, and removed the barely working code to show/clear servers present on the master server. The main servers should come back up in a few days/weeks.
  • I tried loading a server with xfire, didnt work. tried loading a server with joingame("IP:Port"); also didnt work. that got me to the game but for some wierd reason none of keys would work. only my mouse. krash may have seen my logged in lol.
  • If you stop the listings from reloading and press 'Insert', you should get a box to add a custom IP to the list. After you've added it you can stick it on your favourites. :0

I've never really tested the xfire way myself, but I'd imagine you probably need to have it put in the -online -mod Construction and -login username password through command line options. Bit of a hassle I suppose.
  • yeah but xfire doesnt even try to load the exe, it tries to load the tribes 2 launcher application and doesnt seem to work at all. dont know how to change it to load a different exe.

but i did try a different install of tribes 2 and it worked perfectly (by joining through ip). used a dif account tho because of the 20 min thing.
  • used a dif account tho because of the 20 min thing.
    I've found that if you attempt to login a few times you can get past that; used to use it to log in the same account from multiple computers.
  • But hey, if the master servers of Tribes2 will ever shut down, we'll have construction for Legends!
  • Right, Linker?
  • lol, ive seen a few people logged in with the same account before. well at least 2, and they did it all the time. but since i have a few accounts it doesn't really matter =)
  • um, maybe? or for ascension
  • It's been confirmed that Tribes 1 is being shut down, but Tribes 2 and Tribes: Vengeance will NOT. So the master server will be up soon, hopefully =) This was found on the sierra tribes 2 forums, they SPECIFICALLY said tribes 2 will continue since some people were worried.
  • Which is basically what I said in my first post...

(Except nobody uses the VU Games forums, those aren't exactly a reliable source of information)
  • Ah, see. There it is, the master is listing servers again. Didn't take as long as I expected.
  • I tried loading a server with xfire, didnt work. tried loading a server with joingame("IP:Port"); also didnt work. that got me to the game but for some wierd reason none of keys would work. only my mouse. krash may have seen my logged in lol.

This happened to me a while ago and was caused by xfire's in-game chat feature doing some weird conflicting with T2. The way I fixed it was turning off in-game features for Tribes 2 in the xfire options.

Sounds like it only happened once, but just so you know for next time if it ever happens again.
  • oh okay, but i actually got rid of xfire already. decided since i never used it, why keep it lol
  • Alright you guys want to be able to be 100% confirmed by VU themselves? Call this number (don't worry I already seeded through all the VU office numbers which there is like 3 and have gone through 2 1-800 numbers just to talk to a paki causing the language barrier to thicken but he still was a real person and thats all I needed to be satisfied with.) The number for their Tech Support is 1-800-630-0811, that is the number to where you can call tech support and they will give you the current status of the master servers and let you know what they are doing about it. There are no plans to take it down so lets change the subject and play some LAN till it comes back. Anyway just for kicks and giggles, call them for personal satisfaction. Gamespy doesn't run the master servers btw.
  • Just prank call them..
    Or let them know that T2 needs some new patches..