Borderlands

Who is stoked, ehhhh EHHHHH????

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-hd-borderlands/56124

It comes out on Monday and I've already got it preloaded on Steam.

Comments

• It looks like fallout with cell shading =p Not saying that is what the gameplay will be, but that is what it looks like.
  • But there's an unlimited gravytrain of weapons to be had! And it's four-player coop!
  • Yeah I know, it actually looks really good. If I wasn't so poor... And if I wasn't buying Forza 3 on Tuesday =p
  • It looks fun, but I dont have the money or probably the video card to play it.
  • Hey, whats the deal? You like it? A few friends of mine are thinking about buying it. If so, I get paid next week >= )
  • It's seriously the most fun I've had since Orange Box. I love it I love it I love it!

Just the right amount of both RPG and FPS to keep me playing for hours and get lost in the game. On single player games I can only usually play for 45 minutes - an hour before I get bored but with Borderlands I find myself just getting lost and playing for 2-3 hours at a time.

I love the art style.

It plays like an FPS, but it's as immersive as an RPG. I played coop once with some random people online and it's really cool - just feels kinda like party questing or dungeon crawling in an RPG, but again, the combat feels like any good FPS. It's a killer combination.

I feel like if I went back to playing just an FPS at this point I would get bored because of how many stinking guns there are in Borderlands. It's so exciting when you find a guns box because you have no idea what kind of guns are under there and how they'll act. You very rarely come upon the exact same gun - there's usually always something that differs. There's different brands of guns, different types of guns, different effects the guns do (incendiary, corrosive, shock, etc), some have scopes, some don't, they all have different buffs. Endless fun.

Some other things to consider:

There's only one kind of vehicle (as far as I've seen yet) but I don't like playing with vehicles in FPSs anyway, so it didn't bug me. I've heard some people say they wish there were more vehicles - something to consider anyway.

I've also heard it compared to Fallout 3. It might seem like it at first but you soon realize they're nothing alike. Fallout 3 gives the appearance of an FPS, but deep down, it's really just an RPG. Borderlands is true FPS gameplay within the structure of an RPG. Hard to explain but you'll understand. What I'm trying to say is, if you didn't like Fallout 3, don't let that stop you from trying Borderlands.

One of my friends bought it and really didn't like it at all when he first started, but he kept playing and he's just as addicted to it as me now. It starts a bit slow, but once you get moving and start finding some sweet loot and dominating guys - it gets REALLY fun. So if you play for a few minutes at someone's house or whatever, you need to at least put in like 2 hours before you decide you don't like it. Just a heads up.
  • I just talked to one of my friends from the dorm I used to live on and he says he is buying it on Tuesday. He also said that he is making me come over and play it haha.

If I like it enough I'll go and buy it on Friday. I might get it for xbox instead of PC though. Just so I can play with him on Live.
  • Meh, I would never get a shooter on a console. Can't stand trying to aim with sticks... To each his own I guess - it is nice to play with friends.
  • A friend and I are debating whether or not to get it. Already picked out the Hunter while he gets the Siren.
  • Meh, I would never get a shooter on a console. Can't stand trying to aim with sticks... To each his own I guess - it is nice to play with friends.

I definitely like PC gaming better too, but if gets it a few of my other friends might get it too. And they all play xbox. :rolleyes:

And I <3 multiplayer games (especially with friends) more than single player.