-Founder
-Master Foreman
-Foreman
-Master Technician
-Technician
-Guild Relations
&
-Construction Laborer

The rank titles are pretty self explanatory, but for anyone who may be pondering my angle on things..

A Master Foreman is a member who is at a master construction building level of skill; someone who knows con mod like the back of his hand, who is capable of building the most innovative and technical constructions seen in con mod.

A foreman is an intermediate builder who is capable of creating ideas and utilizing them to build decent looking, fun constructions at an average level; someone who is good, but not a master constructor; someone who knows the ropes but doesn't know all the shortcuts and best ways to do things.

A Master Foreman's/Foreman's position is to set up a building campaign which is where the technicians and construction laborers come in.

The Master Technician's/Technician's position is to be available to, at the foreman's request, utilize his knowledge of the technical end of construction mod to add the more mechanical type of stuff to his building such as pack dispensers, power freqs' and all the cool things u can do with the mechanical and technical end of the con mod.

The Construction laborer's job will be to, at the foreman's request, do basically the grunt work; the tedious stuff. For example, if the foreman is building a huge structure with 50 FF windows, the laborer's job will be to, at the foreman's request, fill in each window with a pad, then to change each of the pad's textures to blue pad and finally to /cloak each one. I realize this is not a very ideal position for anyone; but look at it as a sort of right of passage for the newbies; a way to not only learn, but to put his time in with the "big boys"; An apprenticeship as you will.

The idea of the union is to bring these people together and make it easier and more fun to set up building projects..

Guild relations could be in charge of scouting and recruiting..
for some weird, random reason I could picture Mezalyth doing this. I haven't got a good reason for that. I can just, for some reason, picture him doing that; not to say that he would even be interested =P. The Guild Relations Person would also be able to inquire about a foreman or technician position; as a foreman would a technician position and vice versa.

I may consider other titles as I go further into the thinking process, as long as I get some positive feedback on the idea.. It just seems like a lot of fun to me.

Just to make it official, though not to discriminate or anything, there could be certain requirements to get in. For example, to earn the rank and be able to call yourself a Master Foreman, you will have to be at a certain level of skill. I believe that it would ruin the purpose and integrity of the union to allow someone with next to no building skills to become a master foreman, or even a foreman. With that said, no one that is known by me, or any other credible person to be a complete douche; such as those who I will go without saying, but whom everyone knows I'm speaking of, will be allowed in, on or anywhere near the union. If implemented, this project will consist of only respectable, mature members, as to verify the integrity and value of the union.

so anygay..
plz give me feedback.. if you like the idea, are interested in joining or have any questions or suggestions, please post.

On the other hand, if you have anything negative, annoying, unhelpful or that is not pertaining to or for the benefit or sanction of this project, then please do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.

Thank you

P.S. If you think there are holes in the plot, just know this; I thought this whole thing up as I wrote it out, based on a primitive idea that came to me when i was at work. So :simma: , and don't make me :mad:.

Comments

• It could help the T2 construction community.
    Improvements upon that base would make it more epic.

Edit:
    Rank suggestion.
    Recruit - Fresh member; has yet to earn his/her rank.

Another edit:
    Just wait.. I'll be back at T2 sooner or later. You'll see.
  • well, as it goes, a fresh member would automatically start as an apprentice.. recruit/apprentice.. just a different name for the same thing really. thx for the feedback man, and i hope u come back to tribes soon too =P
  • I'd probably join...

Oh wait maybe I'm a douche according to a credible person. O_o

Maybe.

Anyhow, there can be a new rank that can be doubled up with the above ranks:

Trainer
    - One who has the patience to teach newbies, and those returning with rusty skills, the basics to get them started. Those who have the basics but still want to learn more can ask a trainer for tips, shortcuts, tricks, and other methods.
  • I'd probably join...

Oh wait maybe I'm a douche according to a credible person. O_o

What?
  • What?

My obsession with ramming people with shrikes when I'm hopelessly bored, for the most part.
  • My obsession with ramming people with shrikes when I'm hopelessly bored, for the most part.

Anyway, I'd like to show something I made a while ago (asking for membership when I come back)
    Give me a sec to find it..
  • great idea fast fire..
    In order to keep it simple and effective, we can make it so that the trainer position will be a sub-class of guild relations, in tern, also helping the union become a prime benefactor for the construction communion.

and you're not a douche, don't worry =P.
  • great idea fast fire..
    In order to keep it simple and effective, we can make it so that the trainer position will be a sub-class of guild relations, in tern, also helping the union become a prime benefactor for the construction communion.

and you're not a douche, don't worry =P.

Found it.
    Somebody helped me with it, forgot who though..

It has a relatively simple timer.. and somewhat good looks.
  • this is an edit. i couldn't see it before but i just wasn't properly loaded.. video works fine though.

wow you responded quick =P

looks really cool. i want to get a couple people together. I'm going to check back tomorrow and see if i get a good amount of positive feedback.. if it turns out that i can get enough people involved to give this thing some momentum, then i'll start the recruiting campaign. So i'll let u know, but if i get it going, there will be a spot for u.
  • can't view that. try just posting a hyperlink directly to the youtube address.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcV0tz9kARc
    It breaks down towards the end (lol)
  • this is an edit. i couldn't see it before but i just wasn't properly loaded.. video works fine though.

looks really cool. i want to get a couple people together. I'm going to check back tomorrow and see if i get a good amount of positive feedback.. if it turns out that i can get enough people involved to give this thing some momentum, then i'll start the recruiting campaign. So i'll let u know, but if i get it going, there will be a spot for u.

I think the file for that is lost forever (Was saved on BC or TX)
  • you should apply as a technician
  • you should apply as a technician

I'm best at simple mechanisms, but I can probably make an advanced one if I try.
  • Sounds cool idea.
  • Me likey. One suggestion though. I know that there are a lot of people that are really good at building. I just hope that it is REALLY hard to get the master foreman and master technician spots.
  • Me likey. One suggestion though. I know that there are a lot of people that are really good at building. I just hope that it is REALLY hard to get the master foreman and master technician spots.

Assuming it's Naosyth's ships' insane looks crossed with Linker's advanced mechanisms (calculator on ECM)
  • Nifteh idea. It'd be interesting to see who joins and whatnot (as it will probably decide whether or not I join). Oh, also, I became particularly interested when I saw this:
    There could be ranks such as follows

-Founder
    -Master Foreman
    -Foreman
    -Master Technician
    -Technician
    -Guild Relations
    &
    -Construction Laborer
    I thought, "Oh hey, if I were to join, I would totally want to do that."

And then I saw this:
    Guild relations could be in charge of scouting and recruiting..
    for some weird, random reason I could picture Mezalyth doing this.
    And then I thought, "I should totally do that."

So we shall see. And perhaps it was my charismatic charm and wit that aligned me to the recruiting office? Or perhaps the fact that I was nearly titled "abusive" some time ago.

Either way, it should be interesting. If this kicks up, I'm interested.
  • This sounds interesting.

and lol mez.
  • humans: it will be very hard. only the best of the best
    Mez: I knew it! & it's because of your soft charm and gingerly PC ways(you say nifty). You just seem like someone that has great telephone manners.
  • i don't have any inspiration nor the inspiration to look for inspiration to build or do anything in T2, which results in my rubbishy rusty building skills, i just loiter around.
  • Great idea, i'm in.
  • If Ment is in, it is teh real deal.
  • If Ment is in, it is teh real deal.

Sheep
  • lol. nice! ment is in! woohoo. ohhh and guys.. u know that adminHQ i have? that can be the head quarters. this will be fun for RP too. there is even an office with a long table like a meeting area.. we can use that for gay little faggot meetings where we roleplay like 12 year olds.. gonna be fun
  • Mmmkay

Imma pretend to be the boss and fire each and every one of you fgts that EVER go afk during the meeting. It's just rude, guys.
  • And then everyone goes to public relations (hello) to sort things out.
  • we roleplay like 12 year olds.. gonna be fun

Me and Num RP'd all the time on G-MOD, it was epic.