Hosting Metallic

Can anyone tell me how to host a Metallic server with the latest version of Metallic, available?

Comments

• Don't worry, we cleared this up elsewhere. ;)
  • @Krash: psst, you have to give him the link :O
  • It's actually &Krash, but you have the idea.
  • Yeah! Thanks Krash! But we ran into a problem with my router. It seems nobody else can see my server besides myself.

I have a Wireless-6 Broadband Router w/ 4-Port Switch. Model #: WRT54G.

It's got a few lights on it.

Power: ON
    DMZ: OFF
    WLAN: ON
    Internet: ON

(Ethernet section)
    1: OFF
    2: ON
    3: OFF
    4: OFF

Krash said something about making my computers not stop at the router but go through the router and stop at my machine. Any ideas?
  • The default router setup for a WRT54G is located at http://192.168.1.1/
    I believe the default password is admin or something similar, but whoever set it up initially most likely changed it, and should know it. The user doesn't matter.

To forward the ports, click on the 'Applications & Gaming' > 'Port Range Forward'. Under 'Application' put a tag for it so you can remember what it's for, set 'Start' to 27999 and 'End' to around 28001 (you could always add a few more if you plan on using another port).
    Make sure 'Protocol' allows UDP and set the last bit of the IP to your machine's address (if you don't know what it is, click 'Status' > 'DHCP Clients table' and look for the one matching your machine).
    Check the 'Enable' box and save the settings, and you should be good to go.
  • i used to think it was my router or wireless messing up my server but it was actually my firewall. i use mcaffee, just disable it when you host, that's what i did.
  • i used to think it was my router or wireless messing up my server but it was actually my firewall. i use mcaffee, just disable it when you host, that's what i did.

you know, i have Mcaffee as well. I'll have to disable it and try that. If that doesn't work then I'll use Krash's method.
  • yeah it worked for me, i was just hosting a regular sever, not dedicated or anything. just remember to turn it back on later.
  • Disabling a firewall or allowing the program access through such is a given when hosting a game server, and advice given on forwarding you router's ports to a single machine is usually given under the assumption that you have done so already.
    Besides, if he's behind a WRT54G I don't think it's just going to let it slide, unless the ports are already forwarded or DMZ is enabled for the machine.
  • Ok well I tried th firewall and it didn't work. Now I need to forward my ports. How do I do that? I went here: 192.168.1.1 And got a login screen but i don't know the login info. What do I do?
  • You'll need to ask the person who set up the router what they set the password as, or ask them to do it for you.
  • Well it's my dads router, and he doesn't know. O_O