[Official] Cumulative Music Project

The purpose of this thread is to collect links to music you yourself have made or participated in making. This can include mixes, remixes, edits, whatever. I know there's at least a couple of you.

Post your stuff and I'll add it to this post. You may add a description of you want, but you don't have to.

Eehk:
Tracks:
Something in the works right now.

Mixes:
BEARMAS MIX
A mix (My first, actually) that I made for a friend for Christmas. Different kinds of electronic and instrumental hip-hop tracks.
Walk In The Fog Mix
Layers of drone tracks and acoustic guitar tracks, with some vocal samples. I really like listening to it. Good for rainy days or late nights.

Remixes:
Mick's Armored Treefort - Warm Alright Vibes (Kyle Landstra vs Peter Broderick)
An acoustic+drone mashup. Sounds like a dying tape.
Slow Dancing Society - The Warm Familiar Smell Of September (Treefort Vocal Edit)
A vocal track I laid out over an ambient piece recounting a tale from summers past.

Spin:
Bands:
We V Machine

Tracks:
Soundcloud
(Works in progress)

Spencer:
Bands:
Cadent

Projects:
Three Prong Audio
Tracks produced for a rock climbing film.

Deflun:
Tracks:
Tricks (2?)

DeadWrong
Bands:
Suave Murkin (Guitarist)
Disregard song "Blue Nun"

UltraCon

Comments

• I'm a poser

I use a cracked version of Fruity Loops Studio 8 and I've yet to make anything with it
  • I'm a noob

I use a crackhead version of Fruity Noobs Studio 8 and I've yet to make anything worthwhile with it

Indeed.
  • It smells to Demoncard..
  • No one made a berday thread for me yesturday. :(
  • Let me find my nice stuff...then ill get back to here.
  • Here's my current band: www.myspace.com/cadentmusic

I'm starting a music production company and have a bunch of stuff I've written for a rock climbing video but it's not copyrighted yet so I think I'll refrain from posting it..xD
  • I wouldn't worry about that. Surely as long as you have the original project files you can claim unfair usage?

EDIT: Wow Spencer just had a listen and it's really well produced! How many days did you spend in the studio with these songs?
  • I like to be extra careful. Anyhow, they will be copyrighted soon and were working on a website. I'll post here when everything is in order.
  • My tunes

All are WIPs :P
  • I'm setting up a soundcloud account, I'll post stuff there and get back here.
  • Ah good. I was worried you were going for ReverbNation then! I hate that site.
  • Yeah, it's too cluttered. I like the layout of soundcloud
  • Wait a minute, there's a time limit on soundcloud? This isn't looking good...
  • Yeah, but it's several hours for a free account. And it embeds nicely on facebook which is a plus.
  • I'm gonna go with soundclick.
  • These are mainly 2-3 minute songs for a rock climbing video we are producing for.

http://www.soundclick.com/threeprongaudio
  • Wow, that's a pretty slick set of tracks Spence...
  • Thanks mez, there's more to come and our official site should be up within about a month. I'll check back in here when that's all done.
  • *cough* uhm.. this here is a more polished version!

I hope someone likes :D
  • Updated for DeadWrong's ineptitude. <3
  • EDIT: Wow Spencer just had a listen and it's really well produced! How many days did you spend in the studio with these songs?

Thanks Spin, actually I did all of that recording and mixing myself. I'm studying sound arts. The drums were recorded in the garage we practice in and everything else was recorded in the tallest room in my house. Recording and mixing was all done by me in Pro Tools.
  • Thanks Spin, actually I did all of that recording and mixing myself. I'm studying sound arts. The drums were recorded in the garage we practice in and everything else was recorded in the tallest room in my house. Recording and mixing was all done by me in Pro Tools.

Heh sweet. I'm pretty fluent in Pro Tools, although we use Logic and Nuendo at uni; neither of which I like.
  • Logic has its place, I freakin hate nuendo though.
  • Here's a sample of one of the songs I've been working on, created from scratch on GarageBand.

As I said, it's just a sample, pretty much just an intro. (1:44)

Tell me what you think, I'd love to hear you're comments and opinions. (And w/e)

String Instrumental Sample (1:44) (Unfinished) (Rock Theme)
    http://www.filefront.com/15597469/String%20Instrumental.m4a
  • That was pretty good, Ultra. I'd like to hear it once you finish the rest of it.
  • That was pretty good, Ultra. I'd like to hear it once you finish the rest of it.

Yeah, I've got a bunch of half written songs like this one.

Haha, as you know I hardly finish any of my projects.
  • SAMPLE

Here's a sample of just one of many diverse music projects I've been working on:

Please note, the project is only in it's first stages, it's just a sketch to give you an idea on the final product. Also, Volume adjustments are still in progress.

Tell me what you think, your time is appreaciated. ;)

Street Anthem (Unfinished) (2:16) (Sketch)
    http://www.filefront.com/17518919/Street Anthem.m4a

I'll be sure to post some of my more finished projects up soon. (today?)
  • KWESHTUN!!

I'm thinking about making a song, and I have a few programs to help me.

Audacity
    FrootyLoops
    Ableton Live
    Adobe Soundbooth

However, I'm having trouble choosing. Is one great for recording? One good for cleaning and editing? A magical one that does everything?