If the World Were a Village of 100 People

The village would have 60 Asians, 14 Africans, 12 Europeans, 8 Latin Americans, 5 from the USA and Canada, and 1 from the South Pacific

51 would be male, 49 would be female

82 would be non-white; 18 white

67 would be non-Christian; 33 would be Christian

80 would live in substandard housing

67 would be unable to read

50 would be malnourished and 1 dying of starvation

33 would be without access to a safe water supply

39 would lack access to improved sanitation

24 would not have any electricity (And of the 76 that do
have electricity, most would only use it for light at night.)

7 people would have access to the Internet

1 would have a college education

1 would have HIV

2 would be near birth; 1 near death

5 would control 32% of the entire world’s wealth; all 5 would be US citizens

33 would be receiving --and attempting to live on-- only 3% of the income of “the village”

Comments

• If the world were a village, we'd burn you, ya idiot.
  • If the world were a village, we'd burn you, ya idiot.

You need to play more tribes.
  • If the world were a tribe of 100 people, 9 would be americans and 91 would be either polish or brazilian, because that's the muscle you can get on the internet.
  • If the world were a tribe of 100 people, 9 would be americans and 91 would be either polish or brazilian, because that's the muscle you can get on the internet.

Oh, so that would ammount to me being a sissy girl, due to the fact im a brit? cheers mate >=/ :p
  • There would be no Russians in your village? Your village sucks.

Come to Demoncard's village! He has cookies!
  • Another great copy and paste job.
    I think "asians" count as russian, the middle east and the bamboo reigons we all know.
  • Another great copy and paste job.
    I think "asians" count as russian, the middle east and the bamboo reigons we all know.
    Ok, so there are Russians in that village.

"5% control 32% of the wealth. All 5 would be US citizens" whoever ergo copied this from is a real fucking...ergo.

Sorry about the bad language.
  • My village consists of no idiots. Admissions are based on logical tests. If you fail the testing procedure, you're burned at a stake 'til death.
    What has DEATHBORN got to do with this?
  • I didnt make it I copyed it what I would do math? I am a MIT buy who cares!
  • Poor ergo, he was just posting some information and you guys are just face-slaping him for it.

Seriously guys, there's no need to impale him with a stake and set him on fire for it.
  • My village consists of no idiots. Admissions are based on logical tests. If you fail the testing procedure, you're burned at a stake 'til death.

Sounds tempting.. but Demoncard's had cookies and shit.
    I would use them to choke him to death and keep his village.
  • Poor ergo, he was just posting some information and you guys are just face-slaping him for it.

Seriously guys, there's no need to impale him with a stake and set him on fire for it.

I find your sarcasm to be epic.
  • [QUOTEDemoncard]Sorry about the bad language.[/quote]
    I never thought id hear that on any forum, I never could have imagined it from you!
  • Sorry about the bad language.
    I never thought id hear that on any forum, I never could have imagined it from you!
    Yeah...well...this thread is special.

Deflun, cookies cannot surpass the might and intellect of Demoncard!

I farted on you. :)
  • Your existance is a reduced to someone farting on the universe, so it wouldn't be the first time.
  • If the world was a village of one hundred people I would be the one hundred and first person wandering out of it.