So, I was just wondering...

Yeah, I was just wondering, I remember Thyth saying he needed more people who know what they're doing, so why not contact some of the garage games staff? considering what happened with T1 when they were asked for help then, surely some of them at least, may/want to be able to help us, which in turn, could push updates out faster, I just wanted to know peoples takes on this, and wether or not we should give it a go, if this gets good response here, I'll post this in the TN thread and see what the others have to say.

Comments

• If you can establish a connection with them, go for it.
  • Haha Good Luck. Appartly a Game Browser InstantAction bought off the Company, Or so i've heard.....
  • Garage Games, the people who made the engine is still in operation.
  • Oh ok Then.
  • Appartly

What?
  • Dont Judge my Spelling Mr. Simon Cowel.
  • dont fucking derail this thread, this is a serious chance to help improve/revive t2 for everyone to enjoy, id at least prefer you to look up what you have to, to avoid the unnessessary thoughts, as opposed to ones that count, IE what you think of this idea, thank you so far to those who have posted something worthwhile however.
  • Go ahead.

Make the calls.

Pull the strings.
  • Dont Judge my Spelling Mr. Simon Cowel.
    Who's he?
  • Are there any other communities we can branch out to besides Garage Games?
  • Are there any other communities we can branch out to besides Garage Games?

not entirely sure, activision blizzard is a must to avoid, considering... ill look into that though
  • Try Sierra? They made the game, perhaps they can put you onto people who coded it.
  • No, Dynamix made the game, and Sierra closed them down.
  • No, Dynamix made the game, and Sierra closed them down.

Sierra is part of a four company merger of activision, blizzard, sierra, and vivendi universal, so considering they thought they shut t2 down, dont suggest them, i dont think they'll be willing to co-operate considering what happened last time we tried talking some sense into them... i mean, they wanted us to buy their broken coded, unrelyable... piece of shit of a master server for crying out loud...

sorry, but they do sorta piss me off at how they decided to coldly murder their own history, as if they were trying to shun away what they once were when they know that that's what made them. :(...

No, Dynamix made the game, and Sierra closed them down.

Dynamix was a side branch of sierra, how else would they get the dev funding? anywho, yes, theres no point in that. thanks num.

Haha Good Luck. Appartly a Game Browser InstantAction bought off the Company, Or so i've heard.....

GG made that branch, its an extension of themselves which is rapidly growing popular with hits, this is why i suggested it, theres bound to be empire legions fans who want to know where their game came from/is related to. simply put, theres never been a better time, youtube knows of tnxt, so i wanted to figure out how we could branch further.
  • The names of the entire T2 dev team:
    http://www.planettribes.com/tribes2/devteam.shtml
    (finding them shouldn't be too difficult)

NVXUI.jpg
    First Row: Dave Georgeson (Producer/Director), John Alden (Programmer), Tommy Van Velkinberg (Worldcraft Artist), Jade Dhabolt (Artist)

Second Row: Brian Ramage (SFX Programmer), John Folliard (Programmer), Jesse Russell (Designer), Tinman Z. (AI Programmer), Eric Lanz (Designer), Blake Hutchins (Writer), Matt Reynolds (Worldcraft Artist), Jon Lanz (Artist), Robert Caracol (Conceptual Artist)

Back Row: Drew Zilm (Quality Engineer), Lincoln Hutton (Sr. AI Programmer), Mark Frohnmayer (Lead Programmer), David Lauck (Artist), Daryl Nichols (Assoc. Producer), Dave Meddish (Designer), Craig Maitlen (Art Director), Brad Heinz (Programmer), Mitch Shaw (Scripto the Monkey Boy), Greg Lancaster (AI Programmer), Paul Rheinfelder (Artist), Ian Christey (Worldcraft Artist)
    Dave "QIX" Georgeson (Director/Producer)

Mark "Got Milk?" Frohnmayer (Lead Programmer) - Mark has done all the networking code and a fair chunk of the web community work as well as manage the (very large) programming team, working to keep the engine comprehensible and solid.

Tim "Slacker" Gift (Programmer) - Tim has done the physics code, as well as many, many other pieces.

Rick Overman (Programmer) - Rick did the sound, the voice commo stuff, and other pieces.

Dave "Symlink" Moore (Programmer) - Dave is doing special fx, weapons, graphics rendering, optimizations, etc.

John "Uberbob" Folliard (Programmer) - John is doing the terrain and scripting tools, as well as things like the Command Map interface.

John Alden (Programmer) - Little John (*grin*) has done things like weather, vehicle passenger code, and many, many script and code functionalities inside the sim.

Tinman "Kidney Thief" (Programmer) - Tinman is doing all the behavioral AI code. He makes the AI fight like a team and helps it to kick our collective keesters.

Lincoln "Missing" Hutton (Programmer) - Lincoln is the lead on the AI team and has orchestrated our kick ass AI pathing mechanisms.

Greg "Jett" Lancaster (Programmer) - The third guy on the AI team, Greg has lived, breathed and slept AI for months now so that it could be automated and implemented into the game.

Brad "BigDevDawg" Heinz (Programmer) - Brad has worked on WON.net intgration, our device handling, etc.

Peter Walker (Programmer) - Pete has done our HTML web community code and is responsible for the water environment.

Eric "ratedZ" Lanz (Designer) - Eric is one of the two-man team making all the multiplayer maps. He has done a lot of work on design documents also helping to lay out the theory of how it is all put together.

Dave "Diamondback" Meddish (Designer) - Dave is the other guy making multiplayer maps. He is also the reason we're considering putting a soup wagon into the game. [*groan*]

Jesse "DrAwkward" Russel (Designer) - Jesse is orchestrating our single-player missions and the bot training maps.

Mitch "Skeet" Shaw (Designer/Programmer) - Mitch is creating all the scripts that make things work (like deployable stations, turrets, backpacks, etc.)

Blake "Hexabolic" Hutchins (Writer) - Blake cultivates the background of the Tribes/StarSiege universe. He is also handling our voice recordings, managing the sound effects, and working with the music for the game.

Craig "Jimmy" Maitlen (Art Director) - Craig has done a superb job of molding together the art team and moving them forward with vision and finesse. He's responsible for how our game looks. Craig also did the bulk of the terrain textures in the game.

Robert Caracol (Artist) - Robert does the bulk of our concept art, as well as being a damn good texture artist.

Tommy VanVelkinburg (Artist) - Tommy is The Man when it comes to Worldcraft stuff and building design. If you run inside it, and you like it, then thank Tommy.

Jon "OrphanKazrak" Lanz (Artist) - Jon makes 3D objects, as well as doing the mocap work for the animations.

Paul Rheinfelder (Artist) - Paul is our other exceptional texture artist and has done many of the vehicles and weapons in the game.

Jade "FrankRizzo" Dhabolt (Artist) - Jade does most of the special effects artwork, as well as hand-animating lots of stuff in the game (like turrets when they deploy/activate, etc.). Jade also does concept work for the team.

Matt Reynolds (Artist) - The new guy on the team, Matt is working with Tommy on Worldcraft stuff. He's doing lightning and finesse work on the buildings.
  • I found Mark Frohnmayer on facebook, apparently he works for GarageGames.
  • Iplop: They are also all in the credits of the game. (except for the image)

The game is dying. We may get the crowd on goon haven, maybe the couple of people who suddenly cross tribes next and say "oh! I haven't played that in ages!" and install for the heck of it, But maybe vivendi dropped it because all the same people were playing and nobody was buying T2 any more, perhaps they weren't getting enough money out of it.

Well, that's what I think.
  • In my opinion, contacting prior developers is a waste of time.

If you still want to contact them, make it clear that you do not represent the TN project.
  • how they decided to coldly murder their own history

Someone made a guide to making games that stated exactly that. "Murder your babies while they're young" or something stupid like that.

Anyway, I would give this a try.
  • Who's he?
    Some smelly white guy on British television.
  • In my opinion, contacting prior developers is a waste of time.

If you still want to contact them, make it clear that you do not represent the TN project.

its merely a brainstorm, but if they agree, would you take them on?
  • Unlikely, because it would take just as long to bring up anyone else up to speed to the complete redesign I made.

The remaining work in the project is just grunt stuff. Design is done and it's held up to my expectations. So, I don't need senior developers; any reasonably good code monkey would be fine.
  • Unlikely, because it would take just as long to bring up anyone else up to speed to the complete redesign I made.

The remaining work in the project is just grunt stuff. Design is done and it's held up to my expectations. So, I don't need senior developers; any reasonably good code monkey would be fine.

There are some UE's they might be able to patch up and stuff, since they know that game inside and out, that could be at least one good use having them onboard... Though you do too, but its just nice to have people with the same sort of coding skill, it takes the some of the workload of and makes things... Well... Happen faster I guess. I will respect this but I might give them a bell and see what they say, fair enough?
  • If you contact them, make it clear that you do not represent the TN project.
  • If you contact them, make it clear that you do not represent the TN project.

Noted.