Possible awesome inbound, a must read

So recently, you may have seen me say something about contacting garage games, ive yet to do this yet as i dont really have much of an idea of what to say just yet, however, have you heard of WCG? the world cyber games, i recently sent an email to them and they have forwarded it to the person at the top, now while im still not expecting much, of they do make tribes 2 a 2011 official game or a featured game, then this may bring a new lease of life that everyone has been likely dreaming of, and in a big way.

so i have a favor to ask... can someone make this thread at the tnxt forums? im still drafting up responses and so on, also, would any of you with any specialtys be willing to come forward and help if i pointed the WCG staff your way for support in your respective fields?

this may just be the breakthrough we always wanted. ill post an update if i hear anything my end. in the mean time, feel free to voice your opinions/concerns so i can address them and see if they can be sorted out.

Comments

• tl;dr

Make a shorter version please. :)
  • Sounds great, but what exactly are you looking to get from them.. If they feature tribes 2, or something, what exactly will happen?
  • Sounds great, but what exactly are you looking to get from them.. If they feature tribes 2, or something, what exactly will happen?

well, although the WCG is just as old as tribes 2, or around a about, its already very big, around 600 people from 60 countrys on average turn up each year, so this is pretty big, my hope is that some of their player base will come and join the spinfusor fun if theres acctually something worth the trouble for, and even if its just for one year, im willing to bet that if we do get this game at least featured just once, some players may love it enough to stay on, which might encourage them to host it more.
  • So this is something about more people joining T2, eh? (I still didn't read the first post)

Well more people would be nice I suppose.
  • So this is something about more people joining T2, eh? (I still didn't read the first post)

Well more people would be nice I suppose.

you really should read the first post nukem, its all relevant if thats what your wondering, my original post was almost going to be double in size.
  • you really should read the first post nukem, its all relevant if thats what your wondering, my original post was almost going to be double in size.

But... The text... IT BURNS!!! :tinfoil:
  • But... The text... IT BURNS!!! :tinfoil:

vgta much? :p
  • Tell them to give us all their money or we're going to strike, we already gave nukem a fake explosive pizza, and he's going to deliver it at their headquartes as soon as we give the signal.

Poor nukem ain't gonna make it though.
  • Tell them to give us all their money or we're going to strike, we already gave nukem a fake explosive pizza, and he's going to deliver it at their headquartes as soon as we give the signal.

Poor nukem ain't gonna make it though.

I dont think threats will exactly help our cause, but it does seem as though they are interested
  • Omg Before You Blow Nukem Up, Let His Cat Out.
  • I dont think threats will exactly help our cause, but it does seem as though they are interested

They're interested in our threats/projects?, awesome!
    So what you're trying to say is that you'll get them to get interested into re-releasing T2 as a featured game of sorts?

T2 has already been "re-released" as some sort of freeware solution by the TribesNext team, meaning all we really need is publishing.
  • They're interested in our threats/projects?, awesome!
    So what you're trying to say is that you'll get them to get interested into re-releasing T2 as a featured game of sorts?

T2 has already been "re-released" as some sort of freeware solution by the TribesNext team, meaning all we really need is publishing.

i think you mean publicity, the WCG is a large international event, i dont think you can get much bigger doofy, thanks for the input though mate
  • But... The text... IT BURNS!!! :tinfoil:
    just like teh lulz
  • i think you mean publicity, the WCG is a large international event, i dont think you can get much bigger doofy, thanks for the input though mate

I didn't really understand where the point was going to so I just pointed the doofy-ous.. err..

Nukem?
  • Omg Before You Blow Nukem Up, Let His Cat Out.

I HATE CATS!!! :mad:
  • hmm looks like i wont get a response today, ill check in tommorow and paste the email here
  • Then who was that Nice cat in your Kidnappin Van Nukem?
  • Then who was that Nice cat in your Kidnappin Van Nukem?

That would be Cat o'Ninetails, from EVE online.

1457912718_256.jpg

She was raped mercilessly for her crimes against pirates. :nag: Then I cut her up into small pieces and made burritos for everyone!
  • *spits* I knew that cultural diversity day thing was just bullshit
  • You mean Cat Shit?
  • You mean Cat Shit?
    :eek:
  • You mean Cat Shit?

Is there something wrong with you? O_o
  • I dunno, we could try getting Tribes 2 into Steam.
  • I dunno, we could try getting Tribes 2 into Steam.

Steam sucks... Why would you want to use it?
  • M0ar peeps and stuff!1!!eleven. Because alot of gamers use steam and there is always someone looking for cheap or free games.
  • As soon as we manage to get a noose around a few of the people we already have...
  • I love steam, and I think it would be awesome if Tribes Next got on there... I need to pitch that idea to Thyth.
  • still have not got a reply, can only assume they might have turned us down, blergh, ill wait just incase that mail does come though.
  • Any news?

sadly no.