Dark screen in tribes

every time i log into tribes, the whole screen is really dark.. in game and out of game.. as soon as it loads up its really dark, so i can see everything but yea, u get the picture.. anyone know why this could be? it just turned that way last night

edit: i forgot to mention that i tried messing with the gamma correction but that only made it a little brighter.. the gamma is all the way up but the screen is still extremely dark

Comments

• Check in T2's graphics options and see if the gamma slider is turned down.
    (I just noticed I posted this like instantly, lol)
  • Reinstall? thats what i always do to fix really weird errors
  • Maybe try reinstalling your graphics card drivers
  • Take off your sunglasses
  • Touching the T2 gamma sliders messes up my monitor's gamma. (it either gets really dark when I enter T2 or really bright when I exit).

There's a console command to fix this issue. >.>
    $somethingsomethingsomething;
  • Touching the T2 gamma sliders messes up my monitor's gamma. (it either gets really dark when I enter T2 or really bright when I exit).

There's a console command to fix this issue. >.>
    $somethingsomethingsomething;

Yeah I don't touch the gama anymore, if I run tribes with the gama high my monitor's brightness sometimes gets stuck till I restart it. Maybe just restart your computer haha :lol:
  • Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast settings before messing with the game's gamma correction. Also look into other graphic-related settings before reinstalling Tribes 2 or your graphics card.

For more regurgitated advice, press the ANY key.
    To exit, press Alt + F4.
    To replay this post, press F5.
  • Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast settings before messing with the game's gamma correction. Also look into other graphic-related settings before reinstalling Tribes 2 or your graphics card.

For more regurgitated advice, press the ANY key.
    To exit, press Alt + F4.
    To replay this post, press F5.

Damn spam!, I get 5 mails like this every day
  • all i had to do was restart my comp.. thanks humans =P
  • You hadn't restarted your comp till today?
  • all i had to do was restart my comp.. thanks humans =P
    You hadn't restarted your comp till today?

lol... Why do I not find that hard to believe? =D
  • Yeah I don't touch the gama anymore, if I run tribes with the gama high my monitor's brightness sometimes gets stuck till I restart it. Maybe just restart your computer haha :lol:

note that rather interestingly, the gamma glitch only happens when you UE and at no other time, then you sometimes feel a bit better about using it

lol... Why do I not find that hard to believe? =D

I vote that deadwrong should get his custom map space which is essentially a gigantic pit of doom, so he can afk safely :p
  • note that rather interestingly, the gamma glitch only happens when you UE and at no other time, then you sometimes feel a bit better about using it

Not for me, it happens pretty much every time I use it.
  • Not for me, it happens pretty much every time I use it.

thats... unique... :tinfoil:
  • It occurs pretty much any time the game process ends before it's able to reset the gamma changes if the sliders have been changed. Usually most obvious when there's a UE, but the game can sometimes close prematurely without error when exiting if you're running certain scripts.
    The pref you want to make sure of is: $pref::OpenGL::gammaCorrection = "0.5";
  • Actually yeah, my game sometimes closes really strangley, sometimes takes longer than other times, I dunno. I'm not really using many scripts though, I had thought it was my graphics card because it gives me other unique issues too. Hmm...