SI+editor use?

I've recently discovered that SI can only be used on dedicated servers. Does that mean I can't use the mission editor? If so what do you guys use to replace editor functions such as moving/rotating a group of objects and copy and pasting?

Comments

• Moving, use the nudge commands (nudge all Z, Y, Z) and the modifier tool (Press B to get to move, press G to pick which axis to move it on).

Rotating, use the construction tool in rotation mode (press B or your mine key to change modes).

Copy paste is a slightly different story. If you want you can save a section, and move you stuff, then reload the stuff you want to paste. But honestly there really isnt a good way to do this.
  • You can move all of your pieces at once with chat commands in certain mods, and rotating an entire building can be done with advanced rotate. Neither of those come close to matching editor functionality though.

Copying and pasting also is not very easy to do without editor. You could do it by loading something, moving it, then loading another, etc.

I also use the editor when I build, so I made a script that lets me hide all of the pieces that aren't near me. That way, as long as theres <1000 pieces within X meters of me, I can still use the editor. Then, when I'me done, I turn my script off and look at the finished building with SI enabled.

You may also want to try the editor gun in ECM. It can't manipulate groups of pieces, but it is very useful for scaling and moving individual pieces.
  • im thinking he means beating down the prop and/or interior limit on the mission editor? if so, no idea, but that would make si compulsory for clients since some maps might use it... its probably why if and when it was talked about, wether in public or private, it was just left as was, because as some of us know, the scripts you have that are not base, the more likely you are to ue.
  • I also use the editor when I build, so I made a script that lets me hide all of the pieces that aren't near me. That way, as long as theres <1000 pieces within X meters of me, I can still use the editor. Then, when I'me done, I turn my script off and look at the finished building with SI enabled.

Mind hooking me up with that?
  • These two commands should work for you if you're hosting ECM, and I think they will work on Metallic

Just put this in the existing chat command .cs file, and use /hidepieces <dist> or /revealpieces
    function ccHidePieces(%sender, %args)
    {
    	%radius = %args;
    	%senderPos = %sender.player.getWorldBoxCenter();

%count = deployables.getCount();
    	for (%i = 0; %i < %count; %i++)
    	{
    		%obj = deployables.getObject(%i);
    		%dist = vectorDist(%senderPos, %obj.getWorldBoxCenter());
    		if (%dist > %radius && %obj.ownerGUID == %sender.GUID)
    		{
    		  %obj.hide(1);
    		  %hiddenCount++;
    		}
    	}

messageClient(%sender, '', "\c2Hiding " @ %hiddenCount @ " pieces.");
    	return true;
    }

function ccRevealPieces(%sender)
    {
    	%count = deployables.getCount();
    	for (%i = 0; %i < %count; %i++)