[Beta] Evolve Invites

Not exactly a game, but if anyone wants a beta invite to Evolve, post in this thread (I'll need your email address, so if it doesn't match the one in your profile here let me know).

What it is, basically, is a sort of Xfire replacement with LAN bridging features (ala hamachi without the terrible... ness), a Chromium-based overlay browser, and some other social sorts of things. I haven't actually used it a whole lot myself, but if you do a lot of pretending to be on a LAN over the internet it's worth checking out.

edit: They don't have an XP client yet, so you'd need to be on Vista or 7 to use it.
If you're just interested in a hamachi alternative, they made a little thing here you might try.

Comments

• Yeah Sure, Getting bored of Xfire anywho.
  • Well, keep in mind it's sort of low-key and in closed beta in the moment, so you might not see a lot of people on it right now... but I believe you can connect to other messaging services and your Facebook account and such.
    I think the LAN features are actually pretty well done though, so you could get some guys together to play an older game and not have to be stuck using hamachi or something.

Sent an invite to the email in your account.

Evolve doesn't support your xfire account as far as I'm aware, but if you still want to talk to people on xfire and you're still using that clunky old xfire client, you might want to try out Raptr.
  • 2 question for this before i get it- Is it better for gaming than steam?
    - does it provide a better social network than MSN?
  • 2 question for this before i get it- Is it better for gaming than steam?
    - does it provide a better social network than MSN?

I wouldn't say it really enhances your gaming... it's basically an instant messaging program that tracks what you're playing and provides an ingame overlay for chatting/web browsing/etc. There's no store or anything and you would still be launching your games through steam.
    It does, however, connect to most of the common IM protocols so you can chat to your friends on AIM, MSN, Facebook, etc. I believe it can connect to your Facebook/twitter accounts and show your friends what games you're playing through status updates.

Evolve's still in an early state, so there's not a lot of people using it right now (I think there are maybe 200 people total online right now), so most of the people you would chat with would likely be on those other networks.
    Really, right now it would be most interesting to people still using hamachi to play games together.
  • Meh, i'll stay with steam and MSN.
  • I'd like an invite :D:D
  • I'd like an invite. :D
  • Humans hasn't accepted his invite! :tinfoil:
  • name is MrHumans :)
  • Zipperdude be Mine.
  • I have 1 more invite right now to whoever wants it, though I think once that's gone it should refresh pretty quick. If not, I think the people who already got invites might have some more. ;)
  • I have 5 invites as well :p