[F2P] APB: Reloaded

The open beta of the free version of APB allegedly starts tomorrow, so if you're planning to play say so here.
I think the signup page is here, maybe: https://www.gamersfirst.com/register/index.php?g=apb

The game is about as dreary and boring as it gets if you play solo, but it can be a kinda fun for a bit if we group up.
We're mostly playing as enforcers on the NA West server (Colby) as Ghostbusters, but don't worry about trying to look like a Ghostbuster, we've got spare uniforms you can have to roll around town in if you like... I think there are a few spare cars that whoever needs can have as well.

Comments

• I'd love to play this, I'm signing up and getting everything right now, is there anything I should know in order to orient myself in the right direction?
  • The most important thing to know is that the game is rarely balanced and there's a good chance you'll die a lot. Also, there's power in numbers and using some actual (implied) strategy with your squad will get the job done.
    Plus you can make some pretty snazzy stuff with the customization tools.

My name in-game is Sharkfist if you happen to get on while I'm on.

So far Doe, Fast_Fire, Bear, Plutonium, and Shane are going to be playing as well. We'll see who else pops up.
  • Looks interesting, will sign up once I get enough time on my laptop.
  • After 2 hours of downloading, it warns me that my system doesn't meet minimum requirements.

I'll wait a little longer to try to prove that wrong...

Update: Won't let me run the game 'cause my video card, among other things, are too outdated.
  • Might download when i get back :o
  • it wont let me update because it errors and then starts again..
  • You might try doing options > repair on the launcher or something, I suppose... You could probably check Launcher\launcher.log to see if you can make any sense of it. Other than that, maybe check their forums and see if it's a known bug? :sick:
  • I'm, good to go, just getting familiar with the game all over again, lol.
  • Looks....interesting, actually. What's the premise of the game?
  • Cops and robbers, or something to that effect. Pretty much you walk up to people and shout at them to step out of their vehicle, and they never do. So you shoot them.
  • I got one question- Is it easy to get a certain weapon cause i don't really like playing these games unless i can get my fav weapon- M4A1
  • It appears I dont have the Minimum amount of CPU on my Laptop...
    Would it still run, if so, would it lag?
  • I'd say as long as your video card is good enough, it shouldn't lag too bad.
  • This game is in beta now and is free, does thta mean we will have to pay to play the game when it's finished?
  • Propably.
  • No, you'll never have to pay to play. The game was released as a pay-to-play game around this time last year and failed miserably, causing the company running it to go bankrupt. Another company purchased the game for pennies on the dollar to release it as a free-to-play mmo (I believe they also run War Rock, some racing game, and a half dozen third-rate generic MMOs).

The guns are all fictional, so you're not going to find an M4A1 per se... though you might find something that suits you.

The requirements are a bit steep for a UE3 game, but should be able to run on most systems from the past few years. As long as your system can run another UE3 game (say, Mass Effect 2, Global Agenda, Moonbase Alpha and the like) on medium-high settings you should be able to run it on low-medium settings. The game is very heavy on player customizations and will almost constantly use 2GB of memory for the process (the maximum for 32bit users, who will crash if it goes over 2GB), so you should have a minimum of 3-4GB of RAM.
  • Oh cool, good to know that, i got the game, like a eight hour download not including installing and updating, and now i'm stuck in a massive que to play.
  • And now i'm playing and it's pure epicness expept my brother keeps burning up all our bandwith :(
  • In addition to the game now being on Steam, (with some free 10-day premium+gun code if you play before the 19th) have some screenshots of our Ghostbusting outfit and vehicles!
    Pictures
    (Join us on the NA West [Colby] server and you could possibly get the T-25 truck for free!)