Comments

• That's so off topic, this is halo thread not dust. How about you take that elsewhere?
  • Get rid of the dust?.. like.. dusting?
  • That's so off topic, this is halo thread not dust. How about you take that elsewhere?
    I can't. :( The admins removed my right to make threads long ago.

Far better that I post it here, where it has slight relevance, than in some old thread which has been gathering...dust.
  • I can't. :( The admins removed my right to make threads long ago.
    Maybe there was reason for that.
    that Dust looks nice tho I give you that.
  • Dust is PS3 only, so it's destined to fail.
  • PS3 is better than xbox 360.
    here we go again...

So how's Sony's security holding up lately? Lots of pirating of games, LulzSec tearing the whole Sony net down for a week, oh and lets not forget how slow the Sony net generally is.

PS3 is better? I think not. As far as something like Dust goes (a FPS-MMO for consoles), I would say Xbox would have been the better choice.

I like playstation, but putting Dust on the PS3 only is a terri-bad choice. CCP will be lucky if the game only lasts a few months, and would be very lucky if they even manage to make back their development costs for the game.
  • and would be very lucky if they even manage to make back their development costs for the game.
    What costs? The dev team are chinese. :p

Xbox has Halo...Halo owners aren't likely to buy Dust.
  • ...Halo owners aren't likely to buy Dust.

No one is likely to buy Dust. There's been virtually no advertisement for it. Plus PS3 owners can play other "better" games over a Battlefield clone from CCP.
  • While it is true that going Playstation exclusive is a bit ridiculous, realistically speaking the market is more than sufficient to recoup their development costs (and then some), and in order for it to be an exclusive title they likely received quite a deal from Sony. Maybe not an "offer you can't refuse", but surely an ungodly sum of money and/or a highly favourable offer for licensing/purchasing with them in the future.
    UE3 is perfectly capable of simultaneous deployment to both consoles (as well PC) extremely easily, so it's not exactly a "design choice" that they're only putting it on PS.
    Just bsns, sirs.

As far as the marketing, they're still about 9 months out (?) from release, they might pick up and do some traditional advertising closer to the mark. Sony may even cover some of the budget since it's an exclusive title.

I have no intention of buying console games myself, though. :p
  • Yeah, intentionally designing it for Consoles was a terrible idea. I personally know 6 people who want to be apart of the eve universe but dont want put in the time (6 months) to start being competitive.

I would have get DUST for PC, too bad.
  • I don't know what DUST is but i don't have PS3 but i have PS1 and PS2 and as far as i know theres no Final Fantasy for xbox which is MUCH better than Halo which sucks compared to CoD.
  • Maybe not an "offer you can't refuse"

They did something to his favorite horse..

Godfather_horse_head_Jack_Woltz_Khartoum1.jpg
  • Call of Duty is far better than halo. And theres a chanse that xbox could be hacked aswell, maby they choose playstation cause they knew it was better and they could wreck more havoc by killing it's servers.
  • Call of Duty

lol
  • Call of Duty halo xbox playstation
    lol
  • I really hope that isn't the class you use in Black ops Rendegardo...It makes me want to cry.

Anyway, Dust beta will be up later this year, still no clues on how to get on it. Although CCP says EVE players have a "higher chance" of getting in.
  • I really hope that isn't the class you use in Black ops Rendegardo...It makes me want to cry.

It was my class in CoD for about an hour now i use something along the lines of galil and commando though i don't play CoD all that much anymore, i'm to busy with DOW1 and DOW2.
    Oh and my new signature is true, yes i'm not presige 11.
  • I was trying to steer the thread away from Cod...but yah, your class sucked...spheres!

I'm sure Dust will be much more fun than Cod, Halo and MGS4 Online.
  • yeah but i have no PS3.
  • Hi,
    it's very great informative stuff shared here useful one for many others who needs this kind of stuff,…
    i appreciate this effort,..
    best regards,..
  • Hi,
    it's very great informative stuff shared here useful one for many others who needs this kind of stuff,…
    best regards,..

:tinfoil:
  • Naww, Halo 1 beats everything.
  • DOW1 DOW2

You have redeemed yourself.
  • You have redeemed yourself.
    I like Eldar the best, who do you like?
  • Hi,
    best regards,..
    it's very great informative stuff shared here useful one

Is he Korean?
  • Call of Duty is far better than halo. And theres a chanse that xbox could be hacked aswell, maby they choose playstation cause they knew it was better and they could wreck more havoc by killing it's servers.

xbox was never the target simply because they didn't save credit card details. however xbox is hackers haven, the early days of any cod game will tell you thats true
  • I like Eldar the best, who do you like?

I like the spess mahrins. But only Because i had an army of them for tabletop when i was a chitlin'.

They kinda have a special place in my heart. :)

Eldar are one of the best armies, back in the day all the top players used Eldar, but i'd shit on them anyway with 4 squads of OP terms and horrid droppod dread rape.