So I was playing Tribes 3 today

If it didn't crash ALL THE TIME, it may would be a really good game. Why was this game dropped? I can't for the life of me discern why a company would abandon such a game.

Comments

• Are you talking about Vengeance?
  • Hey shrimp!
  • Tribes 3? :confused:
  • Tribes 3? :confused:
    what i was thinking
  • Lemmings: The Tribes was an underrated game, I agree. :p
  • Tribes Vengeance had a good story, (though i never finished it) and fast pased multiplayer, but lacked teamwork and base assets.
  • Ah, the multiplayer is completely dead now :<. I kind of enjoy the way it plays. Punishing bots with MAs has never been a better feeling. I don't like the skiing as much though, because it is far too dumb. It's kind of annoying that they made jump/jet binds. I always thought that jump/jetting was more of a skill to be learned as you progress in skill. Jump jetting was more of a talent, doing it properly, than it was just a pressing of keys. Perhaps Tribes: Ascend will be more of a triumph in that it returns with higher level talents that are there to be mastered.

edit: In naming this thread Tribes 3, I was hoping to produce a reaction with the forum-base here. I believed that by calling Tribes: Vengeance, Tribes 3, that there would be a sort of backlash where forumites listed their grievances with the game. As this forum is derived from The Construct subforum on tribes3.org, I was hoping to start the next conversation for Tribes: Ascend with discussions pre-release about what gameplay features of the original Tribes 1&2 we loved that did not make it into T:V or perhaps were overlooked in T:V that we want in Ascend.
  • The only good thing about tribes vengeance was the attack aircraft, the 3 man one, and the trails left behind by jetting, but the aircraft never got used real well cause everyone was just spam attacking with no thought.
  • The problem is foo, we all got caught on T2 thanks to its mod spread, so we never felt the need to go over to vengence and as such, dont have any grievences for a game we never played.
  • That and the fact that T:V lacked mod support.