Tell a tale about your glorious victories (no unglorious victories)

I once managed to outlive snowfire in a zombie invasion, by driving his escape vehicle away, I died a few seconds afterward in a glorious dogfight between rapiers and a useless chopper.

Comments

• Me and two teammates in Operation: SPEARHEAD. We were in a subway station, the enemy all around us. We all ran past the thick of the fire and overtook the center of the station, killing anyone in our way and defending it for a short time before we were wiped out.
  • I once ate a chocolate bar.. with almonds... And almost choked.
  • Me and two teammates in Operation: SPEARHEAD. We were in a subway station, the enemy all around us. We all ran past the thick of the fire and overtook the center of the station, killing anyone in our way and defending it for a short time before we were wiped out.

Twice.
  • I once ate a chocolate bar.. with almonds... And almost choked.

That's not glorious, unless you're the chocolate bar... or the ghost of a cow.
  • That's not glorious, unless you're the chocolate bar... or the ghost of a cow.

I was in the Matrix... which isnt real!
  • I didn't go below the top half of my team in my first match on Tribes: Ascend Beta. During the same match I managed to win two spinfusor duels, one won by a mid-air shot.
  • I once shot down 5 equal enemy planes piloted by 3 different people, (they re-spawned and came at me again) in 1 plane without repairs, no heavy lag, and without refilling ammo during the whole dogfight on CCM.

P.S. I would like to add, I was all on my own as well.

EDIT: and once, I bombed another plane.... mid dogfight... yes in the air, directly.
  • Playing meltdown 2. Got a MA mortar (mode 1) on raindance from a good 500m away. The MA hit a juggy which killed a (scout?) flag carrier that was nearby. :D
  • Once when playing Modern Warfare 2 i was the last hope for a sabotage map and their were 3 enimies camped in the area, i ran up (i'm a sniper) and managed to take out all three before they could react with 3 well placed sniper headshots in close range and defused the bomb just in time.
  • EDIT: and once, I bombed another plane.... mid dogfight... yes in the air, directly.

Yeah, i was the victim. We were on vent or ts2 or something, yeah. That was me.

I have had too many glorious victories and defeats in CCM/ACCM to even recall :P. Seems like so long ago.
  • Yeah, i was the victim. We were on vent or ts2 or something, yeah. That was me.

I have had too many glorious victories and defeats in CCM/ACCM to even recall :P. Seems like so long ago.

I think I remember this. You were going off about it and I was lol'ing at you.
  • I think I remember this. You were going off about it and I was lol'ing at you.

Yeah, i was like, "UMGUH" in chat (I wrote local the first time...), and dond was shitting his pants in ts2.
  • rofl, If I'm correct I flew right into the enemy's turret defense area and died right after.
  • Something like that. Oooh, good times.
  • This is why Tribes Ascend NEEDS to be a moddable game. So we can make new memories like these.
  • Wow, how did this thread turn into a tribes ascend thread lol
  • Because Dond posted.
  • rofl, If I'm correct I flew right into the enemy's turret defense area and died right after.

I lol'd.

Double post! :D
  • *cough* im sorry, I just miss owning people so much.....

On the note of PWN'ing, and glorious victories, I have been hard at work updating the Homeworld 2 Campaign into one compatible with my mod, and a little more difficult. It is going to sound opposite of a glorious victory but I consider it one because this is my goal.

On mission 14 the one where your goal is to take down Makaan I incorporated all the new ships, upgraded makaans defensive fleet, and made it so he will launch a counter-counter attack if not defeated. Surprised to say, he killed me fair and square.... the first time, then i barely beat him the next time. I was quite pleased with myself.

EDIT: Anyone know a bad ass way I could make the last mission (the one where you defend Hiigara) better, or at-least cooler. Its a neat concept, I just would like to further improve upon it.
  • So once upon a time, there was a city, with buildings, and zombies in the buildings. We, (A team of DeathBorn, some other guy, Deflun, Numb, Zar, and someone else) paradropped in. We were going along the roof tops, snipping, and we ran out of ammo, so we went ground level. As we were viciously fighting our way through the hordes of zombies, running low on ammo, we finally reach our objective building. We stack up. Reload, Nades ready, weapons up.

I scream LEEEERROOOOYYYY JENKINS and rush in with my shotty, and everyone else is like FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCK SNOWFIRE!!! and rush in behind me. In the following melee, everyone is slaughtered, bodies are all over the place from grenades, and the zombies are in pieces in parts, and I ended up on hte lawn chair, sipping lemonade with full health and a single shotgun round left.

Ohyeah.

Time 2: Deflun did a little para drop mission into a space station. It was a little easy, and we slaughtered, and he delcared deathmatch. In the flurry of fighting 10 other guys at the same time, grenades and rounds all over the place, I emerged, victorious. Though, with only one weapon and only 30 rounds left.

I can continue....
  • Most of those stories involve me and several other redshirts just dying while you make your last stand, which was pretty much how it always ended up lol.

Though I still argue we would have made it further if it wasn't for those last stands where everyone followed you and died.

Alright here's another one, we were once roleplaying in my server and we were mice in a giant house, our plan was to infiltrate by chopper, secure the cheese and exfiltrate by apc, but the plan went very awry when the cockroachderms started firing at us and we crashed and were promptly surrounded, we all died pretty fast but at least we made it to the glorious cheese, and snowfire died inside the vehicle so I kept him from doing a stupid fraticidal last stand, which is a victory too.
  • I remember when you crashed horribly into said how, and me and zar survived on the edge of an LSB somehow, 200 m above the ground. Good day. But, had no climbing rope. AND THEN YOU C RASH INTO US, AND KILL US BOTH. Glorious survival, but totally should have AT6'd the 'rescue' chopper. :p

And, you and the others could have just gone on without me as I stood my ground. Usually that ground gets turned into a bloody wasteland. And your surprised everyone dies. :p

good times. When I return from afghanistan, we must play again.
  • I know you're in iran planning a secret coup, all by yourself.
  • Actually it was Pakistan, but some Army guys found out and wasted my pakis. So now it's off to Iraq, where we just pulled out of.
  • One time, I posted a comment, and it totally derailed a thread.
  • One time, I posted a comment, and it totally derailed a thread.

no I don't think pumpkin would be a good bubble gum flavour.
  • Spiderman

Doing it wrong.