My latest school project.

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/deranged/test.html

Its a flash game I've been working on for school.... Those of you who have worked with flash might understand how absurd it is to make something like this with.... flash... (not my choice btw)

Controls:
Tank Movement:---Arrows, or WASD
Cycle Weapons:---Ctrl, or spacebar or scroll wheel.
Aim turret:
Follows mouse.
Fire:
Left Mouse Button

Comments

• http://www.angelfire.com/games4/deranged/test.html

Its a flash game I've been working on for school.... Those of you who have worked with flash might understand how absurd it is to make something like this with.... flash... (not my choice btw)

P.S. No sound yet.

Edit: just live with the minefield at the beginning, it takes like 20 seconds to get through, then you start shooting. And controls are, mouse aims turret, arrow keys move the tank, and ctrl changes weapons.
    Pretty spiffy!
    Mind adding WASD support? :>
  • Not a bad idea, I also am going to add in scroll wheel weapon selection.
  • nice job so far.
  • Anyone been able to beat it yet? I have only beat it once... its f'ing hard...
  • Anyone been able to beat it yet? I have only beat it once... its f'ing hard...

I tried to play it on my laptop with the trackpoint... didn't work so well. :x
    I died soon after things started shooting at me. (arrow keys + trackpoint = had to use the trackpoint with my left hand)
  • Good job Dond!
  • Well I go to class here soon, so expect a finished version with sound later today. BTW, I'm using Tribes 2 sounds since its free and open source now. :D
  • Well I go to class here soon, so expect a finished version with sound later today. BTW, I'm using Tribes 2 sounds since its free and open source now. :D

I will be awaiting this version!

:D
  • The finished version is up. upgrades as follows:
    - Sounds added.
    - WASD movement added, (space bar to cycle weapons)
    - Scroll wheel weapon selection.
    - New armor system:
    Instead of having 100 points of armor, you can max out at 250 points. With each armor-up you pick up replacing a single armor panel of space on your armor bar (50 points). You only start with 100 points of armor though, so ensure you don't take hits, and pick up all the armor you can get.
  • This is my best score so far:

MyBestSoFar.jpg
  • I like the artwork, improvised but sturdy and menacing
  • Nice bookmarks, Dond
  • The T2 sounds fit perfectly, lol
  • Nice bookmarks, Dond

How did I not notice that earlier :lol:
  • I beat it! YAY!!!!!!!
  • I beat it! YAY!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, we know you beat it. ;)
  • rofl. Finally, someone got that...
  • Haha Miss Michigan.
  • Nice game Dondelium :) I've started to learn Flash code, too. Here's a game I made, if anyone's interested... http://henrikhasell.deviantart.com/#/d4w2j0u If you're interested, please play and tell me what you think ^_^.

I really miss Tribes... I've been away for too long. How is it going? Do people still play the vanilla version? Are the contruction ervers still populated? I miss you guys.
  • Wow, epic nostalgia... I remember going on the Deranged modders website when I was a kid...
  • Shit, now I feel old.
  • How old are you, are you doing actionscript at uni?
  • Oh you are back I see.
  • Yep ^_^ how many people still play nowadays?
  • to too many, i visit now and again when the server has people in it, which is pretty rare nowadays tbh.
  • I am 23, and I have been working with flash for my local community college.
  • I am 23, and I have been working with flash for my local community college.

23 pfft... thats not old, try 27.
  • I will, in alittle over 3 years! :P