A Community Mod Project

Okay, so I have been thinking, We have at least 5 mods out there that have to do with construction, And I know that most of you really like to play CTF sometimes, or like to play DM, TDM maps.

So, think of this,
We could all, as a community, come up with ideas, put them together, script them into the game, and try them out. And if each is interesting or keeps us interested for more than 3 minutes, then we could consider the idea, and throw them together in a little mod. This could conceive of, a build mode, (build 2 player-made bases, with a gamemode packs for ctf, or cts (capture the switches.. w/e) and enable a mode where special ideas which were thought of (By YOU!) could be used or tinkered with in the mode.

I am looking for any volunteers to form up a little team of 4 or 5 people, and we could form up the mod.

Such positions may (Possibly not) include of;
--(These positions and names may more than likely be displayed on the loading screen of the mod's description)--

Developer: Master-Chief-
Co-Developer(s): ~
Scripters: ~
Skinners/Moddlers: ~
Audio: ~
Testing Team: (All of the community, or chosen persons)

--
~If you would like to join the team or fill a position, please at least have two of these requirements so we can all communicate and transfer scripts/skins etc.

Reqs; (At least have 2 of the 4 reqs)
•AIM (Aol Instant Messenger)
•Email (Any type)
•MSN
•Yahoo Messenger

~My AIM Name: Master Peppens
~Email: [email protected]
OR
~Email: [email protected]

I know this sounds weird, and this might not work out, but it IS a possibility.

Comments

• When I first started playing construction, that is what I thought it was supposed to be. A mod where you build bases to fight each other in and play ctf. I'm all for it, but just moral support. =)
  • ~If you would like to join the team or fill a position, please at least have two of these requirements so we can all communicate and transfer scripts/skins etc.
    I feel sorry for anyone that develops software and sends revisions over email.
    I know this sounds weird, and this might not work out, but it IS a possibility.
    You sound oh-so-very confident in your prospects. This won't inspire people to join your cause, even if it is a good one.

It sounds like you just want to play around with ideas and are just looking for people to help with that process. I think you would be more successful with specific aims, rather than suggesting people commit to a project without a committed direction.

There are plenty of ideas floating around the construction community. A few of them are good, and lots of them are... not. If it is ideas you are looking for, I suggest you ask around; you'll get them. I don't think you need to form a quorum to play around with ideas.

If you need programming talent to implement the ideas that you receive or formulate, then you probably shouldn't be directing a project like this, and instead should be focusing your efforts on achieving the required programming competency.
  • You sound oh-so-very confident in your prospects. This won't inspire people to join your cause, even if it is a good one.
    At least he's being honest. All of the people he's asking are those who are active on the forum (which we all know enough), so, I think its ok if he isn't quite "confident" as you put it.
  • I wouldn't ask ingame anyways, there is no point in doing so if most of the people that are on are always on every other day.
  • This sounds more like a sandbox project. He throws ideas, those who are willing to try will take a crack at making it. You wouldn't really need a team for this. ;)
  • Which is exactly what I meant by saying "I don't think you need to form a quorum to play around with ideas.".
  • :)

... can't think of anything off-topic to say.
    Oh! I know!
    Thyth, you have an extra period at the end of your last sentence!

Not exactly off-topic, but irrelevant. Good enough. :)
  • How in the Carpenter's Gospel did you catch that detail?
  • How in the Carpenter's Gospel...

I literally laughed when I saw that... :D
  • Is this still avail to think stuffs up?
  • Yes, but I would appriciate it if you don't go off topic.
  • Zaxx, you REALLY need to stop reviving dead threads.
  • Eolk you REALLY need to stop posting pointless crap in threads.
  • This isnt dead, i got a not negatice/not positive reply u arse
  • Yeah You Ass.
  • Uhh... uhh...

Am I an ass or arse?
    Zaxxman is a faggot.
  • LOL.
    Zaxxman is a faggot.
  • Nooooo......im a post troll
  • I said forum troll, you moron.
    But, you're a faggot, too.
  • Then ur a moron
  • You're a moron? Yep.
  • Eolk is a moron, He's also one hell of a troll. He makes Mustakrakish, the lake troll, look like a little pecker.
  • I'm not a moron! And how am I a troll? I'm a rat-thing, dangit.