DSO dont work for me... serious!

the ACCM *without* DSOs... sory Elko nothing work on it my skins do not work my viose chat no work, no vehicle, no sound, allmost everything do not work! plz i need the ACCM v1.1 whit none DSO remover! (my old one dont like the packs so he removed them)

but it was a good idea =) (and i am the only one ho cant play this... i just know it)

Edit:
wtf? I do remember i did not write this... who the hell Edit it!

Comments

• You need to check the do_not_delete folder to see if there are TWO yes TWO DSO's in there......if using the dso remover deletes these, then i think you can do something so it doesnt
  • well i still wont the old one this is to much problem...
  • (and i am the only one ho cant play this... i just know it)
    Having trouble with DSOs is actually a common problem and one of the leading reasons there aren't more servers. In general, if elements, or in fact everything, in the mod doesn't work, you have a DSO overlay problem. This means you have run the base or other mod prior to installing your server, and the compiled scripts from said mod are taking point. If you haven't used the DSO remover batch file, run it and verify there are no DSO files left in your Base or mod directories.
    If you're unsure if they were removed, open up a file search (Ctrl-F / F3) in the folder and run a search for files named ".dso", if lots show up, select and delete the files manually.
    After that start up your mod server from the dedicated shortcut to have the server compile all the scripts it needs. If you don't want to run dedicated you can close that when it's done and start up from the online shortcut.

The skins should work fine as they're not related to DSOs in any way.
  • I think krash nailed that one pretty good.
  • it still not wona to work and i have 3 DSO i do not delete Dfunctions.cs.dso ,loadscreen.cs.dso ,MergeToolSupport.cs.dso but cant some 1 tell me where i can get the old v1.1? :confused:

Edit:
    OMFG Stop editing my post!!!!
  • Got me....
  • and Zaxxman no spam thx ;)
  • You're going to have to try to be more specific on the actual problem your having, as "no work" doesn't give much to go on, and pre-compiled scripts not being included with a release are not the source of your problem.
    Were you able to remove existing DSOs prior to installing the mod?
    Did you verify that they were removed?
    Did you install the mod in the correct location (GameData\Construction)?
    Did you start the mod up from the provided shortcuts before running base or any other mod?
    Where did you find the specific problems and what were they?
    When you connected to your server, did the server's console say anything like "00fjohan registered as Construction Mod Client, version 2"?
  • ok i will tell you all i know and what it say. when i renstall tribes 2 the vehicle get started but still my skin do not work. and my con are in tribes 2/gamdata my skins are in tribes 2/gamdata/base/textures i cant open the consolen i cant spawn zombies i only have freq 1-10 only 20 maps works and i realy wont the first ACCM v1.1 whit no DSO remover!
  • I tried the new ACCM I uploaded, and I got it to work the second time around. The first time, it didn't work, because I still had DSOs in my base folder.

The new ACCM I uploaded is no different from the other ACCM except it doesn't have temporary DSOs lying around (which just consumed lots of bandwidth when people downloaded). You're having DSO problems or your not using the Construction shortcuts.

Please make sure all the DSOs from your base folder (and subdirectories) and your construction folder (and subdirectories) have no DSOs in them. Delete all of the DSOs except for the ones in do_not_delete.

Since you seem to be having trouble, I'll upload a batch file which deletes all the DSOs and runs tribes 2 in construction mode for you...

Oh, and one more thing, did you rename the "construction" directory that came with the ACCM zip file? If you did, then the mod definitely won't work without changing the shortcuts.

Edit:
    Ok, here's the batch file. Make sure it's in your construction folder before you run it!
  • ok i will try it but i download some thing and just fix some stuff so all work for the most of it... the skins it´s the only thing i cant fix...
  • Are your skins in VL2 (.vl2) files?
  • nope .png those work in ACCM v1.1 but i can se my skins in WARRIOR STETUP but not when i play in the game
  • I used to have that problem. I forgot how I fixed it. I'll look into it.
  • Go into settings, click on the game tab, and enable "Show Personal Skins".
  • i have done that...
  • This is why I don't use skins anymore. :p
  • You must make a skins folder,
  • Skins are teh sux. Da pros don't use 'em. ;)
  • Dont listen to Eolk, Skins are a valuable way to sort out teams on gametypes, unfortunately, everyone must have each otheres skins to determine friend or foe
  • Alviss doesn't use them. I don't use them (as well as one other person).
  • Alviss wont Join tribes because he doesnt see the point
  • I was under an oath that I wouldn't join tribes in tribes 2 to the original Eolk, but, what he doesn't know won't hurt him. >:)
  • he wont join TRIBES as in N-D, NOS etc