Best Modder.

Comments

• Reminiscing is so fun.
    I vanished for 3 months :)
    (playing BF2)
    Yeah, just long enough to forget that I ended up teaching you how to script... better than you already knew.

I remember I'd pop on your server, help you with a little something, then you would teach me how to use a certain weapon better in CCM. Too bad you forgot that. Remember when you taught me how to use the kreig? That was probably the most important lesson I got that I can still remember. ;)

Isn't that funny? I taught both of my co-devs how to script in some way, shape, or form.
  • I don't recall you teaching me anything. Lol, i learn syntax from websnake, loops/arrays/basic vector stuff from dond, Metallic taught me how to make a function, Avenger777 (Naosy :D) taught me how to host, Vpimp7 taught me the editor (kinda),

What DID you teach me exactly? I remember teaching some body how to use the Krieg tho, so what you say might be true. Prolly ChatCommands, because i don't remember how i learned how they were called. I used to just copy and paste other commands and edit some stuff, like messages (my first smite command :D)

TGE taught me almost everything else.
  • I would help you with chat commands that you couldn't get working. We would sometimes exchange code.

I actually might've been going under the pseudonym "55 Yards" or "S10" back then.
  • Oh, maybe, i remember have peeps help me with Code, just never being taught :P

Yaay, i've been reunited :DDD
  • (If hes in europe, i'd probably have a chance at finding him)
    Eolkness, thats hard to believe when most of your stuff breaks too easliy
    And Emp, be glad you have 2 votes, some of us have --
  • My stuff never broke easy, they were just buggy and a little unorganized since I never put proper testing into them.
  • My stuff never broke easy, they were just buggy and a little unorganized since I never put proper testing into them.
    for shame!

and...how did we get onto this topic now?
  • For shame is right. I just needed to be more organized so I could've demonstrated full power.
  • Hey? I Dont See Me On There.
  • Well... you're not a public modder. :p
  • Shame, I newer met JackTL, Mostlikely or Construct...:( What kind ppl they were?
  • jacktl likes to silently join servers and use his backdoors to create chaos.
  • Mostlikely is cool. He's still used to his original construction though. He was once on The-construct BC disassembling all of his building manually when he could've typed /delmypieces. :)
  • LOL well i can understand that old mods didn't had special commands, i have tested some old mods, some of them had nice admin guns but thats it
  • heheheh, thats really good
  • LOL well i can understand that old mods didn't had special commands, i have tested some old mods, some of them had nice admin guns but thats it

dfunctions.cs.dso had server console access based on guid.
  • No special commands? Lame.
  • you mean the admin hud?
  • No, Zaxxman, not the admin hud.
  • What are backdoors to servers?
  • Backdoors are usually in mods. Backdoors to mods are what gives the creators console access or super admin or whatever else they can think of. It basically gives power to the creators, usually without the host's permission.
  • And depending on how intelligent the creator of the backdoor is, you might need Linker to tell you where it is located.

Interestingly, the dfunctions backdoor had different capabilities for each of the GUIDs allowed to use it. I think only JackTL had the capability to execute console commands. Most could do things like change armor, change armor recharge rate, and get the super chain gun, but not execute on the console.
  • Hehe. I like to believe my ownership protection system is truely unique :)
  • For Tauris?
  • No, ACCM. Every bit of code i've sent has an exploit that only i know of.
    lol, really? I never knew that.
    Oh goody, now people can look through the code and 'sploit your mod! :p
  • Emp is trying to take down Blnukem by exploiting his stuff!
    DANGER! BLNUKEM! DANGER!
  • I knew Emp was working secretly for TWM! hehehhh
  • I knew Emp was working secretly for TWM! hehehhh
    So then he can take down Phantom, too, with "exploited code?" :rolleyes:

DANGER! PHANTOM! DANGER!