requesting a pack - Mini base deployer?

hey guys, is there any way i can create a pack that deploys several different objects at the same time? and place them like this:

Tribes22008-03-2519-31-10-20.jpg
Tribes22008-03-2519-30-59-46.jpg

What is in this pic:

A solar panel, an inventory station, a small pulse sensor, 3 pieces of sized LSB, and a Spawn Point

would this be possible? can anyone code this and release it to the public? it would be great, and useful for ACCM, maybe even have a deploy time, like in TCCM, where the things deploy over time... but i think its a lot better than taking an mpb, which is so much slower...

would be a great technician pack for building far off, and useful!

thanks for paying attention :D

Comments

• To your three questions: Yes. Yes. Unlikely.
  • why is it unlikely to be released to the public?
  • I don't think anyone left who is capable of writing such a deployable would want to.
  • They would release it in a mod pack of somesort probably...
  • No, we'll release it in ACCM.

I've never been truly fond of those. I'll see what Blnukem thinks.
  • I don't think anyone left who is capable of writing such a deployable would want to.

Actually... I have made this pack already... (then removed it because I didn't see it's relevance) Mainly because I was bored and learning a little more on advanced deployables...

I did a different method than that of on AdvancedMod, but you can look there if you want.

And to Eolk, I have another plan for this... But it will only be in the Infection gametype. And it probably wont be released until ACCM 1.35 is finished.

Also as another notice... Expect ACCM 1.3 to be out very soon.
  • Also as another notice... Expect ACCM 1.3 to be out very soon.
    Or will it?

Blnukem could die within the next few days. :simma:

I don't like that bunker very much. :/
  • Blnukem could die within the next few days

• Eolk, you are sad, your life is pethetic, and your exhistance is un-noteable, dont take it out on your superiors, that is just about EVERYBODY
  • you removed the pack due to irrelevance...

well i think it would be so useful for the tech, im not really asking for a Deployable Bunker, just something for techs to use when building something far off....

but i'll look into it, thanks guys.
  • You'll use a gen and an inv...
  • Damnit, the packs are too big and a gen wont work unless u have an inv and vice versa.
  • You could always just modify the spawn point to refit players when they step over it and give it some low radius power/sensor coverage. Would save a piece or two and it wouldn't take very long to throw together at any rate.
  • Pretty good idea, I'll consider it.
  • I dunno, though. They aren't supposed to be self-powered for balancing issues.
  • Well, think of it this way
    fig 1) Test subject 155307 gets new packypacks
    fig 2) goes to infested area with con tool
    fig 3) blows everything to smitherines (almost including himself)
    fig 4) selects con tool and tech from inventory
    fig 5) off to next infected area
    NOTE : if dies during combat, will respawn at mini base.-
  • Or, enemy team could deploy spawnpoint at back of base. They spawn. Friendly team finds out about it. Friendly team tries to destroy spawnpoint, but it is invincible because of invincible deployables. Enemy team owns friendly team hardcore.

Sorry for being negative, but... yeah.
  • So have it disable the systems if the damage reaches a certain point? It would essentially be the same as disabling the power source that provided it, only using the single item - which of course would make it easier to set up, so there would probably be some restrictions or build time on it - maybe relative to the nearest linking base.
    To balance it out you could restrict the higher functions to be within range of some other essential forward-base elements, or perhaps some sort of energy beacon trail that leads from the primary source. If a link in the chain gets cut off the whole thing could shut off...

I dunno, just spinning off a couple ideas. :p
  • So have it disable the systems if the damage reaches a certain point?
    Works for me.
  • Eolk is planning a ACCM coup.

DANGER BLNUKEM DANGER
  • Shut up! I don't want him to know my plans! :simma:
    DANGER BLNUKEM DANGER
    That never gets old. lol
  • Eolk is planning a ACCM <delete>quo<delete>coup.

DANGER BLNUKEM DANGER
  • quo? coup? wtf?
  • You'll use a gen and an inv...

you can't carry two packs.
  • Unless you're xHARDxCOREx!
  • Unless you're xHARDxCOREx!

I'm Hardcore!
    In my mod, you can carry 2 packs!..... YAH!... YOU CAN!... SHUT UP! Dx

P.S. Thanks Thyth
    quo? coup? wtf?

Look up "Coup" in google...

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, PRAISE BE TO GOOGLE!
  • No, Google used Wikipedia, therefore, Wikipedia is your friend.
  • Technically, Google used answers.com for it's definition. Wikipedia just happens to be the first site to show up on the search.
  • No, Google used Wikipedia, therefore, Wikipedia is your friend.

I'll give you a google upside your head!

But yah.. wikipedia is prolly better for what you want to do.