[Ongoing project: Pirate - I]

Straight from the Pirate Shipyard, attached are a few very early shots of our latest endeavour, Pirate 1.
As it stands, we've put about 8-12 hours of work into it, with very few of the planned details implemented yet, and we're nowhere near finished. :)
The shots show a lot of rough edges and flicker which will be fixed in the final version, but the main focus in these shots is the scale. Note that the ship exceeds the boundaries of Flatland Big (the only mission in which you can see the ship from end to end) and the Havoc strategically placed on the front of the ship. A fullsize havoc by the way, I've included myself in a shot for comparison.
As always. the entire project is being built by hand (ie. no editor/etc) at full scale (no morphing :p), with mostly just beams.

May 2nd Update: Added a few pictures from about 3 hours more work. :)
  • Halsshot1305.png
  • Halsshot1304.png
  • Halsshot1307.png
  • Halsshot1308.png
  • Halsshot1309.png
  • Halsshot1310.png
  • Halsshot1311.png
  • Halsshot1324.png
  • Halsshot1320.png
  • Halsshot1321.png

Comments

• I love the havoc on the front. It is like a bug. But anyways. Some things we will include and are not in the Pirate 1. There will be a large central building in the middle of the circle. This will serve as a place for admins to hang out in and probably everyone else. There will also be a small city inside the circle. Anything and everything will be included in the city. There will be two large docking ports as well as a large ship yard inside the ship itself. I still don't think you can really get a feel for the actual size of it, but if you look close enough at it, you can sort of get a feel for it. So all you people out there get ready for this ship. It will be the latest and greatest thing ever built.
  • nice, hopefully i'll get to see this soon.
  • You guys have too much spare time :p
    in the meantimes, ive got exams to keep me scared ;(
  • Zomg! I Love The Bentusi
  • Eh, we have only spent 8-12 hours on it. thats not a lot of time tbh.
  • Odin be praised. I had the privilege to witness it in it's grandeur.

:'(

I can die happy now.
  • Im still gonna set up that parade on your deathbed :)
    Not that that would be a good occasion :\
  • YAY!!! Homeworld 2 Bentusi. I love that game. :(
  • Hooray for Bentusi! That game was good.
  • That game was good.

Good? It was AWESOME!! I still play it regularly... It is pretty much the best Space RTS made. Atleast by my standards. :D
  • Starcraft: Broodwar is the best RTS. ;)
  • Eolk, have you ever played DOW?

If no, torrent it. IT IS THE GREATEST (Now).

Starcraft was the greatest RTS ONCE, now it's been surpassed, but damn it was fun ;).
  • mmm, proton zealot army > zerg base
  • That depends ENTIRELY what you do in Starcraft. Some people have done things from zombie massacres, to calculators and binary countoffs, to Extended Unit Deaths (which were partly disabled due to viruses being sent through maps). Starcraft had a whole lot more in store for the little we knew back then about map-making.
  • Yah... god Blizzard.net was fun... good times...

Unlike DOW's GameSpy >:(

Luckily DOW is so great, it's worth wading through a Sea-O-Crap to get a chance to slaughter Orks in the thousands.
  • Luckily DOW is so great, it's worth wading through a Sea-O-Crap to get a chance to slaughter Orks in the thousands.
    That sounds dumb. Please tell me that's not all you do in that game. :(
  • Gamespy isnt bad, i used to use it to play t2, then Shrimpy told me about the gamedata folder etc..
  • Update on the ship:
    The city is now walled in. No one will be flying out into the void of space.
    The dock has now been put in and completed. The loading bays are yet to be installed.

Edit: The piece count is now up to 2167. The inner walls have not all be installed, and not all the detailing is in yet.
  • Yeah, I'll update the first post with new pictures in a few minutes.
  • :( where are thay?
  • :( where are thay?
    Yeah, I'll update the first post with new pictures in a few minutes.
    :rolleyes:
    The 3 newest pictures.
  • *slaps self*
  • any new updates?
  • I likes the pirates. Especially pirates of the Caribbean 2. WOOT

Cool ship dock thing tho. very eye pleasing... even tho it has no way of moving because it lacks thrusters
  • It's a Homeworld 2 ship.
  • No, the shape itself is based on a homeworld ship, but that's about as far as it goes.
    even tho it has no way of moving because it lacks thrusters
    Actually no. It is equipped with a dual quantum ramjet propulsion system (located in the rear sections of each wing - as yet unfinished) providing virtually infinite acceleration. What it can't do very well at the moment is decelerate.
    The thrust calculations on these rockets allow for the system to use a mere 1/5 of the wing length, leaving ample space for the docks - though an auxiliary system does run along the length of the ship (mostly out of sight).

In the early shots you can find in this thread, you can see where the exterior to this will be expanded upon around the three vertical lines on the rear of each wing.
  • Well you could use the bentusi engine scheme, which had no reaction based engines. They just "magically" glided through space. According to the story it was supected that they used a gravitational drive to propel themselves.

And as for Homeworld 2, Homeworld 1 was far better in terms of story, and even game play, but i do have to say, I think my mod for Homeworld 2 is some thing worth trying, even though it dosent touch PDS I actually was part of the team for PDS for its first year or so.
  • mmm, proton zealot army > zerg base

Expanded Wars "Domination Army" > all
  • Hey Krash, can we get an Update? :D