What Script Would You Like to See?

:rolleyes:

Yes, this is a joke-like/non-serious thread. I think I have ideas, but I'm looking for more client-side scripts that you would like to see. Please don't post things that are too hard or things about ACCM ('cause that's server-side scripting). :simma:

Anyways, just toss an idea or two, and you may see it as a script one day.

Comments

• A script that makes Zaxxman into a Lemming.
  • How about an in-game Telnet or Server Management client. :)
  • How about an in-game Telnet or Server Management client. :)
    I wanted to do that a long time ago. I think I would do it if I knew more about TCP Objects. The Tribes 2 debugger uses TCP Objects for an in-game telnet manager.
  • I have a feeling I'm being teased ever so secretly. But, that feeling is gone now (or is it?). Alviss, maybe you should disable smilies so your face expresses the right feeling.
  • Idk why ":O"

shows up as a yawn.

and :O was for Eek's banner thang.

I support you in whatever you do.
  • domo4mod.jpg

Story behind these: after I was made moderator of the official construction forums way back, a bunch of us started sporting these campaign sigs. The only ones I could find backed up were Eehk's and mine though.

They have nothing to do with the thread. :)
  • Oh, hey, I think got an idea.

Edit: No, wait, it was a dud.
  • Classic.
  • Hmmm, i think this.. "Domo" would make a wonderful moderator, he has a good round on him, and didn't lie, he told us exactly what he plains to do. :)
  • Noooo! Don't let this thread die!
  • I gave you an idea, but noo...you're too lazy to take it. :p
  • No, I'm not. I just don't know how to use TCPObjects. :p
  • I just don't know how to use TCPObjects. :p
    Then learn.
  • a script that makes you dance to a client-side piece of music
  • They is pretty easy. I could send you a TGE IRC script, it's a good way to learn i suppose.
  • TCPObjects are different in Tribes 2. They're... a tad harder to work, especially if you're connecting from script to script.
  • Also Object.Listen(); is a fickle bitch.
  • There was a certain variable that manipulates Listen(), I think. Isn't it, like, $Host::Port, or $Host::BindAddress (most likely the latter, I think) or something?
  • You could technically use the debugger as a server in-game monitor (if you want to go to another server, but still watch yours). All you need is extensive echoes to the console about what's going on in your server, etc.
  • A script that makes Zaxxman into a Lemming.
    :lol: that's sweet i wish i could do that :D
  • pretty fun, dig holes, move underground, bite people
  • ¿pɐǝɹɥʇ sıɥʇ uı uo uıoƃ s,ʇɐɥʍ
  • ˙˙ǝsuǝs ou ǝʞɐɯ ǝןdoǝd ǝsǝɥʇ 'ɥɐǝʎ
  • I still want teh lemming script.
  • How about just a client-side name changer?
  • eek4mod.jpg
    Completely forgot about this until now. :lol:
  • How about just a client-side name changer?

That's easy. Just set the name of the clientside script object.
  • What about the target name?