New Map?

I was thinking about dusting off the ol T2Editor and Making a new map, so any ideas for it will be considered and perhaps used. Credit will be given if your idea is used. Its a way I want to get a somewhat active base of players re-interested into the mod like back in the day when the forums was hit daily by many to showcase new mods/maps and buildings. Just need to get the word out there to everyone that the forums are back. And even the newer members to the community should be notified as well, so they can get into the flow and all.

Anyways, to the map, any ideas will be appreciated, but mainly need:

-Map Theme (eg. Lush, Desert, Volcanic, Space etc)
-Teams or no Teams
-Any secret areas for people that submit used ideas. (I like adding them)
-Prefferably Server side models and base textures

I want it to offer a wide range of building possibilites, but be simple so you have a good piece count and not have world items taking that up. So geograpic information such as a canyon, mountain, ford, basin etc would be helpful.

Look foward to seeing some Ideas spawn up :)

Comments

• Also if there is any skinners on this, I would like your assistance on developing a new z0r Clan skin. Thanks
  • Was playing around with doing a few little map ideas myself, mostly little just little island things and canyons though. I know my way around skinning, what did you have in mind?

Also, I've been meaning to make a little gallery section for people to show off their creations, perhaps I'll finish up something simple this weekend.
  • A blue and Gold themed skin. Make it look like a suit a human would wear, the exsisting BE skin is fine, just change the colors, perhaps some of the design and the symbol. Ill send you a symbol to use for the chest, as I dont want -(z0r)- To be the Clan sign.
  • Sounds simple enough. I'll start into it after I get done with work. :)
  • Here's what I threw together last night.
    Pretty much a basic recolour, with all the BE emblems removed except for the ones on the legs.

So far the shoes, the kneepads and the helmet are all I've really customized. Painted new skin for his face and changed the helmet shape around a bunch, still needs work.
  • I like it alot, Just if you can, change the design of the eye area to be a Black Visor, use alpha for some added shine to it too. Ill post design tonight
  • Here's a quick and slightly messy visor, will need to clean up the edges a bit and darken it.
  • Heres the symbol I want you to use, color scheme it to match the theme of the armor. As for the Visor, it looks great! And dont forget to make a Bioderm skin if you can for our fellow Pirate ;)

also On the shoulders, if you have Military block letters, make "ZS-773" on one shoulder, and "(Z) On the other..Thanks man. I think thats all after that :)
  • For the map:

How about mountains (small ones,) with plateau's to build on.
    I'm not too familiar with the T2 editor and what it's capabilities vs. item count is but is it possible to create caves or cave networks? That'd be sweet!
    Just my 2 cents worth! :cool:
  • I didn't get any work done this weekend, so I'll try to finish up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

For the map:
    I'm not too familiar with the T2 editor and what it's capabilities vs. item count is but is it possible to create caves or cave networks? That'd be sweet!
    It's possible to make caves with a bunch of resized rocks, or custom interiors made in worldcraft/hammer. Or he could just stick an open hole in the ground somewhere leading to the vast nothingness where you'd be able to make your own tunnels and things.
  • Here's the latest copy if you want to try it out. I think it needs some more cleaning up though.