Random questions...

I have way to many questions... and very few answers...

Comments

• First question; how do you give someone access to your server files?
  • Your best bet would probably be to give FTP access to the folder.
  • Your best bet would probably be to give FTP access to the folder.

And how exactly do you do that?
  • I have to agree with Eolk, works the same way with an EAW mod group.
  • Okay, heres is a very odd question... When i try to place like a base, like a structure file of the game in the editor, AKA alt E. Every time i do in says unhandled exeption and the game crashes, help!
  • Do you have vertex lighting enabled?
  • What structure is this under? Interiors/Static/HandHeld (whatever)
  • And how exactly do you do that?
    The only EASY way to do it is with Windows XP PROFESSIONAL or Windows Vista (not sure on Vista), otherwise, you'll have to download third-party software.

Even then, it's not a very simple process. I think I know how to do it with Professional. Click Here!
    Do you have vertex lighting enabled?
    Yes, this will cause you to crash. If you have vertex lighting on, disable it. Otherwise, I'll see if I can remember a freaky method of not crashing discovered a long time ago.
  • Yes, this will cause you to crash. If you have vertex lighting on, disable it. Otherwise, I'll see if I can remember a freaky method of not crashing discovered a long time ago.
    I believe that method was along the lines of
    1. Set editor to drop the new interior to ground (or map center?)
    2. Look straight up at the sky (not where the interior will spawn)
    3. Create the interior
    4. relight
  • You have to drop the camera to the ground first, don't you?
  • How do you disable vertex lighting?
  • Thanks guys, this has been driving me nuts for the time scence I found out about it!
  • Ok, next question... ummmm.... How do you remove a square of land so like an entrance to an underground base can go there?
  • There should be a menu called "Editors" or something like that. Go to "terrain editor" and select the "square removal" tool.
  • Ok, heres a good one... How do you make a working Inventory station, in the editor?
  • Make sure it's in the same simgroup as a power source, and place. Then, restart tribes 2 and come back to see it work (or, I can give you a console command to make it work immediately, but, restarting is easier).
  • Ok, next question.... My friend downloaded tribes 2 full and he need a CD key to make an account, but is there a way around this?
  • He can try out the The-Construct Alternate Master Server, which does not require a key. You probably won't see many people, though, unless he tells us when he's going to be on.

Try it here.
  • Ok, next question... ummmm.... How do you remove a square of land so like an entrance to an underground base can go there?
    Well from Someone that actually knows what hes talking about... :P

Terrain editor menu group, then you want to go to brush type > Set empty. Be sure to change the brush size to something small unless your trying to eliminate a huge section of ground. Relight mission afterwards, otherwise you will see terrain texture distortions later on. Alt+L in the editor will do this.

But Eolk did get the Inventory adding right.
  • 1 Why Do People Make Fun Of My Name "ORANGE GOSSE" :,( And No one Metioned Shane
  • Well from Someone that actually knows what hes talking about...
    Hey, it's been a while for me. You made a map a month ago, I haven't made one in, like, 6 months.
    1 Why Do People Make Fun Of My Name "ORANGE GOSSE" :,( And No one Metioned Shane
    Because, we don't like people who go off-topic while the current topic is still going and people who can't spell very well. The ACCM Devs like to steal topics that are already going nowhere. ;)

Shane doesn't have anything to do with this discussion.
  • my bad i thought this was the mormial of con people
  • Well, since this has already gone off course, Shane is on the list Purple
  • Hey, it's been a while for me. You made a map a month ago, I haven't made one in, like, 6 months.

Because, we don't like people who go off-topic while the current topic is still going and people who can't spell very well. The ACCM Devs like to steal topics that are already going nowhere. ;)

Shane doesn't have anything to do with this discussion.

And before Frio, I havent made a map in 3 years :P
  • And before Frio, I havent made a map in 3 years :P
    Six months in Eolk time > Three years in CMDRBOB time.
  • Make sure it's in the same simgroup as a power source, and place. Then, restart tribes 2 and come back to see it work (or, I can give you a console command to make it work immediately, but, restarting is easier).

Or, if it's a construction mission and you want anyone to use it, you could open up the mission file and paste something like
    new StaticShape(InvStation1) {
    						position = "0 0 500";
    						rotation = "0 0 1 180";
    						scale = "1 1 1";
    						dataBlock = "StationInventory";
    						locked = "false";
    					};

into a SimGroup under team0 that has providesPower = "1"; powerCount = "1"; set.
    Then you would load up the mission ingame, move the station where you want it, select it in the inspector, then copy the position and rotation values back into the file.

You'll want to do this after you've finished everything else, because if you save over it in the mission editor, it tends to make it a bit messy.
  • Why wouldn't he just place it in-game? It's easier. If you want it to power immediately, just type:
    SimGroup::powerInit(SIMGROUP_NUMBER, 0);

In the console.
  • Easier if you plan to use it for playing right away maybe, but if you're actually making a map you'll want it as clean as possible. The editor will save loads of unnecessary fields to the file and doesn't keep it organized.

It's objID.powerInit(1); by the way. :p