question....

First off... wicked to see construction still going. I started playing around 5 years ago, and played con mod lots.

anyway, Ive forgotten how to get it working. I downloaded the mod (regular .68) but I cant get it working. Can someone give an instruction list or something? it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• First off, you'll want at least v0.69a, the last 'official' version. v0.70 has a few addons from the community (such as sliding doors and a modifier tool) and a number of fixes.
    Running it is actually pretty simple:
    1. Install into Tribes2/GameData/
    2. Go into Tribes2/GameData/Construction/, run the DSO remover.
    3. Run one of the game shortcuts in the folder and start up a server. Running the dedicated shortcut would be good to get everything loaded the first time, after that you can just use the host tab in the client to start up a listen server if you want.

If you run into any problems just throw us a post.
  • Ok, so I was doing it right then... I got .70 and did everything you said, and same thing. I go into settings, and dont see any controls specific to con mod (sit, con tool etc.) :confused:
  • Usually does that when the old DSO files from base are still being loaded. If the remover isn't getting them you might just do a search for files named .dso and delete the ones it finds.
  • Yeah I just tired that aswell... doesnt make it work either. Im not sure what to do
  • Curious. When you run the shortcut, are a pile of DSOs compiled for the files in your construction/scripts/ directory? If not, you may want to make sure your paths are correct.

Try joining a construction server and open the console when it's done loading. If the client is running there should be a line at the top of it sent by the server looking similar to:
    "Construction Mod Server modversion - credits (2)"
  • yes there are DSOs in the scripts folder. I cant join any servers, always says none found, no matter what the filter is set for.
  • What has always worked for me is that I delete gamedata/base/scripts folder, i never save scripts there anyways. then run Conmod through the given shortcut, and it works, as for not seeing the servers, you might have some internet filter blocking tribes
  • Yeah, it doesn't sound like the serverlist problem is a DSO-related thing. Check your firewalls and junk, maybe you need to open your ports. I don't know what port T2 runs on anymore, but I'm sure someone here does.
  • The server beacons the master server on port 27999 which must be allowed to go outbound, and the master server pings back, players see status, and players connect on whatever port is configured (28000 is standard). All server communication happens over UDP (the only TCP use is with scripts, or the IRC client and browser).
  • Oh those ports sound all so familiar now, haha.