Re-Introduction (SionDelta -> Sion Sheevok)

Damn it's been a long time. Became nostalgic for who knows what reason to play T2 Const mod. So... I have returned. I used to go by Sion Delta and hosted my own slightly modified Construction mod and I think later Quantium, role play. Almost always with heavy fog on, building on the ground, underground, or in the sky.

So... any old faces still around? Looks like alot has grown and changed since I played all those years ago, must have been 5 or 6 years I think. Anyone mind explaining some of the know stuff? WI? SI? ACCM? CDM? What's all this acronymic madness I've missed out on? I'm far out of the loop like a mobius strip.

Comments

• Welcome, Do you perhaps recall a player named "Master-Chief-" ? :D

Well, WI is a construction server for The Construct.

SI means Structural Infinite, which means you can build over the 1024 piece limit, :)

ACCM is short for "Advanced Combat Construction Mod" Developed by Blnukem and Eolk. (others if im not mistaken as well).

CDM - short for ...well, not really sure. I think "Combat Destruction mod??" lol.

ALOT has gone by while you were gone, so much changes, you should drop in by in the [The-Construct • BC] Server ingame sometime.

Oh, and welcome back! :)
  • Welcome back. You may remember me, but I don't remember you.

The community has dwindled quite a bit.

Metallic is the dominant con mod, with the rising Electricutioner's Constuction Mod (ECM) and Krypton Construction (A much newer Mod).

People like CMDRBOB, Krash, and Linker still play, but others like Xenoc and Yoda decided to do much bigger and better things than hang out in a game that's getting closer to it's end.
  • Thanks mate, I shall once I finish redownloading Tribes 2. Gave my CD to my then-girlfriend like 3 years ago. Downloading it from here at half a meg a sec now.

Curious... which are the "best" Construction mods? Since best is highly subjective, I ask... best for what type of gameplay? IE: Mod A has various useful features for roleplay. Mod B though has lots of weapons and turrets and such added in for building fortresses.

It actually crossed my mind, while having the whole nostalgic feeling, of possibly trying to make CTG again. This time... well, I'm about to start my Game Development Degree at Full Sail University so... working on it would be inescapable for me. A pipe dream again, perhaps... dunno. Time will tell.
  • Unless Krash steps it up and adds what's called "Logic Packs" and masters the art of "Motion Packs", ECM and Krash's edited Metallic Mod are at an overall tie.
  • not to mention the "computer packs" which are exclusive to my unreleased mod.
  • Ooo, exclusive packs. Must have!!!
  • not to mention the "computer packs" which are exclusive to my unreleased mod.
    Proof or they don't exist! :p
  • Proof or they don't exist! :p
    I do believe I was there when he had the idea for the computer pack.
  • I do believe I was there when he had the idea for the computer pack.

I was there when I pushed that kid off that 500 foot cliff, then I left shortly after. :)
  • ACCM seems to mop up the competition on weekend nights (RP, storm, etc). Too bad we don't have a dedicated server host.

Kind of awkward that I found out my family had a server box we threw out a little while ago because it was "too old".
  • Mazo and I were working on CDM, it has no official name, but I like to think it means "Cybot Drinks Milk." More often, its just Combat Destruction Mod (Advanced AI [Unfinished], Custom vehicles, etc)

Personally, I like ECM the most, since it has the editor gun, motion device, logic pack, good doors/switches, fun weapons/commands, and clean code
  • I do remeber the name, but haven't heard it for many years, welcome back to the game that never ends!
  • ACCM seems to mop up the competition on weekend nights (RP, storm, etc). Too bad we don't have a dedicated server host.

Kind of awkward that I found out my family had a server box we threw out a little while ago because it was "too old".

You know... I could host it 24/7. I just choose not to.
  • Lol, you'd end up banning everyone. You suck at admining. =)
  • Considering hosting again, dedicated whenever my PC is running at least. Might I enquire/inquire as to how to make SI a part of my server as well?

Nevermind! Just found it! http://www.the-construct.net/forums/showthread.php?t=436
  • Don't forget about Krypton! I'm planning to release it soon, non-DSO'ed.
  • Don't forget about Krypton! I'm planning to release it soon, non-DSO'ed.

I guess I've been gone too long. Where can one find info on Krypton?

Oh... and welcome back Sion. :D
  • You can join the Krypton Construct server and check it out... I'm still working on a website for it.
  • Kind of awkward that I found out my family had a server box we threw out a little while ago because it was "too old".
    Hmm, I found some serverbox that my dad brought in, dunno if it works, or how to make it work.
  • Lol, you'd end up banning everyone. You suck at admining. =)

And you suck at being a guest of a server. Haven't you noticed you get kicked/banned very often from most of the servers you join?
  • Mo'funkin' Sion Delta.

What up hoe? =]
  • Well shucks, Since EVERYBODY wants a ACCM hosted 24/7, maybe I could work something out with my father ;)