Upcoming Con. Maps

I have been working on a new series of CS and SS maps that will be submitted to Krash to use on his server exclusively. The SS maps will not be public release, but obviously the CS ones will be.

I currenty only have 1 map ready for Final inspection and building.

Here are the maps that will be soon released when the T2 server is rebuilt and back online, or when maps are ready for distribution if the server is done before release of maps.

Client-Side Maps:
Blue Nebula
Background:
The space above our very much loved world of Flatland is a quite magnificent place. Not too far from the planet is a very beautiful nebula where an abandoned space station was left over from the Diamond Sword Tribe nearly 200 years ago. They used the area as a hidden base to dwell deeper into Blood eagle space. Since the tribes have disbanded, and reminents have gone to the depths of space, the nebula base was left to float into history.
Terrain: Space

Construction Isles VI
As a continuation of a Series of maps I started with, CI 6 offers a new outlook on isle construction, with the release of SI, it can be expanded to have lush forests, beautiful aquatic reefs, and perilous volcanos. This will surely top any edition to date.
Terrain: Mixed

Flatland BC Edition
Our time-honored map by one of the creators of the mod, JackTL. Although it is a useful, easy to build on map, its time for a new look. Granted, it will stay true to its Flatland-ness, it will look different in that it wont be the arid, dry desert anymore, and offer a pleasent grassy look to it, with a section having dirt roads, and open terrain slots for some underground action. It will be a pleasant change of pace for the best construction map to date.
Terrain: Lush

Biodomes V2
Another Continuation to a map of mine, that will offer the similar feel of the orignal map, with a larger area to build on. More biodomes, each with a unique terrian in them, and the ability to RP easily will surely make this a favorite of our RPers out there.
Terrain: Ice w/Biodomes mixed

Redrock Mountain
Bringing a bit of realism to construction, this is going to be the hardest map out of the pack to make. I may need some help in the more technical aspects of this map to bring it out how I would like it to be. But for those that know the map "Maroon Bells", I want to make a Desert Southwest version of it, true to its real size and shape. Mesas, desert scrub, sand, dirt, series of cavernous rocks and land formations. This map might not make it to the map pack release due to its complexity, but will be released when it is finished.
Terrain: Desert

Server-side Maps:
I have some terrains to use, just need names for them. Submit some map names, and a mission quote, and you will be on the mission info.

Need names for all types of terrains, (Lush, Ice, Desert, Lava etc)

I look foward to bringing you all some new land to build on with the release of the new servers. Anyone willing to help in the CS maps, such as models, skies, etc, can submit them to be added to the maps w/ credits.

Also, scripters, if you want to add some mapscript animation and map events (falling rocks, geysers, moving asteroids) let me know, and we can make it happen.

I want this to be a community effort as well, so new people with experience can be a part of the mod greater than just playing it. Be a proactive member, and help build our mod for the next Era of Construction.

Comments

• I have been working on a new series of CS and SS maps that will be submitted to Krash to use on his server exclusively. The SS maps will not be public release, but obviously the CS ones will be.

I currenty only have 1 map ready for Final inspection and building.

Here are the maps that will be soon released when the T2 server is rebuilt and back online, or when maps are ready for distribution if the server is done before release of maps.

Client-Side Maps:
    Blue Nebula
    Background:
    The space above our very much loved world of Flatland is a quite magnificent place. Not too far from the planet is a very beautiful nebula where an abandoned space station was left over from the Diamond Sword Tribe nearly 200 years ago. They used the area as a hidden base to dwell deeper into Blood eagle space. Since the tribes have disbanded, and reminents have gone to the depths of space, the nebula base was left to float into history.
    Terrain: Space

Construction Isles VI
    As a continuation of a Series of maps I started with, CI 6 offers a new outlook on isle construction, with the release of SI, it can be expanded to have lush forests, beautiful aquatic reefs, and perilous volcanos. This will surely top any edition to date.
    Terrain: Mixed

Flatland BC Edition
    Our time-honored map by one of the creators of the mod, JackTL. Although it is a useful, easy to build on map, its time for a new look. Granted, it will stay true to its Flatland-ness, it will look different in that it wont be the arid, dry desert anymore, and offer a pleasent grassy look to it, with a section having dirt roads, and open terrain slots for some underground action. It will be a pleasant change of pace for the best construction map to date.
    Terrain: Lush

Biodomes V2
    Another Continuation to a map of mine, that will offer the similar feel of the orignal map, with a larger area to build on. More biodomes, each with a unique terrian in them, and the ability to RP easily will surely make this a favorite of our RPers out there.
    Terrain: Ice w/Biodomes mixed

Redrock Mountain
    Bringing a bit of realism to construction, this is going to be the hardest map out of the pack to make. I may need some help in the more technical aspects of this map to bring it out how I would like it to be. But for those that know the map "Maroon Bells", I want to make a Desert Southwest version of it, true to its real size and shape. Mesas, desert scrub, sand, dirt, series of cavernous rocks and land formations. This map might not make it to the map pack release due to its complexity, but will be released when it is finished.

Server-side Maps:
    I have some terrains to use, just need names for them. Submit some map names, and a mission quote, and you will be on the mission info.

Need names for all types of terrains, (Lush, Ice, Desert, Lava etc)

I look foward to bringing you all some new land to build on with the release of the new servers. Anyone willing to help in the CS maps, such as models, skies, etc, can submit them to be added to the maps w/ credits.

Also, scripters, if you want to add some mapscript animation and map events (falling rocks, geysers, moving asteroids) let me know, and we can make it happen.

I want this to be a community effort as well, so new people with experience can be a part of the mod greater than just playing it. Be a proactive member, and help build our mod for the next Era of Construction.

My brain exploded. However, I probably won't be of much use.
  • My brain exploded.

BOOM!!!
    BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!11!21!!!1!/1?!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • BOOM!!!
    BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!11!21!!!1!/1?!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Note to self :

Nukem likes explosions.
  • so do i >=)
  • I can help with any scripting things that need to be done

Also, happy birthday, bob
  • Happy Birthday, sounds like you have been busy ;)
  • I can help with any scripting things that need to be done

Also, happy birthday, bob

"However, I probably won't be of much use.". That was because I'm not too sure if any of his maps used custom scripts, and if they ever will.
  • Redrock Mountain

This one might not be so hard if you used Digital Elevation Models. You can convert DEMs of actual terrain in to .ter files. I believe that's what Captain Radium did for Maroon Bells.
  • on extreme mappers, they had something about bryce on there, but its bloody annoying to use...........
  • Your CS maps don't need to be released for the public. You just need clients to download the files for that map. Such as TER's, custom textures, interiors... and it should work fine.
  • Your CS maps don't need to be released for the public. You just need clients to download the files for that map. Such as TER's, custom textures, interiors... and it should work fine.

Shhhhh.

Yeah, that would be really useful.
    He'd kill himself making those maps just so that people could play them on BC when they feel like it.

And we know how public servers react to CS maps.
  • I found Bryce easy to use. I was just unaware that the DEM's were compatible with T2.
    Interesting... Maybe I should reinstall it and poke around some. Find a way to lend a hand to the coolness that is Bob-Maps.
  • Not to double-post...

Bob - What kind of terains did you come up with that need names? Perhaps I could help there.

I'll dig through some archives and see if I can find any of my old Bryce art.
  • LOOP

i thought i would do this :)
    delete it if you want
  • SPAM!!!...

yeah... sorry... XD
  • That looks like hallway
  • I found Bryce easy to use. I was just unaware that the DEM's were compatible with T2.
    Interesting... Maybe I should reinstall it and poke around some. Find a way to lend a hand to the coolness that is Bob-Maps.

DEM's don't work in Tribes 2, but there is a way to convert them to .TER files.

• This message is now more than 6 letters long. Thank you.
  • Would you guys cut the spam?
  • DEMs don't work directly, nor can they be directly converted to a terrain file. What you can do with them is get them into an image, drastically shrink them (down to about 256x256 I believe, though it may be possible to force the engine to allow something larger), and use the result as a source in the engine's terrain generator. Bit of a nasty process, but given time you can eventually turn out some pretty nice results.

I've been meaning to try my hand at making interiors again, maybe this is a good chance to dust off the old tools.
  • if anyone noticed the flatland isles VI description there was a numeral in there that made it sound like isle 101 (CI) XD
  • hi anyone 2
  • deathborn smells bad
  • ...oh... thanks XD
  • "Your ping smells"
  • DEMs don't work directly, nor can they be directly converted to a terrain file. What you can do with them is get them into an image, drastically shrink them (down to about 256x256 I believe, though it may be possible to force the engine to allow something larger), and use the result as a source in the engine's terrain generator. Bit of a nasty process, but given time you can eventually turn out some pretty nice results.

I've been meaning to try my hand at making interiors again, maybe this is a good chance to dust off the old tools.

WOOOHOOO!!! :lol::D