[*] TribesNext Beta Release

Comments

• its finished. :D

you can add your own skins and maps via savegame, just dunk em in.
    now how am I going to destribute it?
  • Tribes 2 ripped for PS3?
    LOL.
    That makes me wanna do it on the 360 now..
  • Do It! Doooo It!
  • its finished. :D

you can add your own skins and maps via savegame, just dunk em in.
    now how am I going to destribute it?

found an os for ps3 now, its yellowdog, but sony tinkered it so that only one processor runs so its not really worth it :D
  • found an os for ps3 now, its yellowdog, but sony tinkered it so that only one processor runs so its not really worth it :D
    my port works, i need a way of getting it to you guys.

PS porting T2 to xbox fails;
    unusual errors when using energy weapons(blaster shoots in a long beam of death, shocklance doesnt work)
    and the ctf maps dont load.
    my port works, i need a way of getting it to you guys.

PS porting T2 to xbox fails;
    unusual errors when using energy weapons(blaster shoots in a long beam of death, shocklance doesnt work)
    and the ctf maps dont load.

you could use yellow dog and get wine, that way, you have a less complex form of setting stuff up, and you should be able to run it just the same, might want to connect human interface devices via blue tooth, and have a fairly good supply of batteries... ive yet to test it because as i said, it only uses one of its six cpus, which makes it no different to some old hag computer from the 1990's :D:p and you should reserve about 4+ gigs of memory for your ps to save things corretly in the hdd, overall its not a perfect system, best to just run t2 with a computer anyway, but turning it into a ps3 game would sky rocket account creation

yellow dog is a linux os, and the ps3 does have a feature to install os' via copying the setup to cd and inserting the cd into the ps3, yellow dog is stable unlike Ubuntu for the ps3, its had support for it since version 5.0, the most up to date version of yellow dog is 7.0
  • pathe!
    its an eboot.PBP, its the same format as the demos, it works....how zimple do you want me to say it?

for yellow dog, im busy scripting.ETA: monday

I still need a way to destribute -.-
  • pathe!
    its an eboot.PBP, its the same format as the demos, it works....how zimple do you want me to say it?

for yellow dog, im busy scripting.ETA: monday

I still need a way to destribute -.-

there is no need for scripting, you should just be able to surf the web and get the installer, then all that needs fixing is linux support for every t2 server, preferably in the next tnxt patch =/
  • there is no need for scripting, you should just be able to surf the web and get the installer, then all that needs fixing is linux support for every t2 server, preferably in the next tnxt patch ZD
    santa claus aint coming, low sugar candy bars aint coming, linux support AINT coming.

i iz working on a new compression for vl2s to help make them smaller; i make vl3!
    vl3s are exactly the same except theyre been compressed more.
    that now makes it easier to add in your own skins/voicepacks/scripts/hm2....
    lolz hm2....
  • Demon... couldn't you burn a copy to cd and mail it to Krash so he could put it in the downloads section???
  • Demon... couldn't you burn a copy to cd and mail it to Krash so he could put it in the downloads section???
    er...no.
    how would you get it from the download section to PS3?
    and I think the bluray would be corrupted by the Mail's scanner thingy.(disc would be magnetised)
  • umm... CD's aren't affected by magnets.
  • PS3 = Flippen Ripoff

Edit: wow, i suddenly realized how random that was
  • PS3 = Flippen Ripoff

for the most part i agree, i only really care about it since it got t2 treatment, so hopefully we will get some more t2 accounts being generated =/
  • got t2 treatment, so hopefully we will get some more t2 accounts being generated =/
    even if I complete the port, whats the chance that some kid brought up on halo, GTA and the Simpsons will want to play T2.
    theyl cry and say:
    "Uncle Demon... i dont wanna eat brocolli!....
    OR
    "Uncle Demon... T2 graphics suck!"
    the way I see it, todays kids want good graphics, random storyline *Metal gear solid* and my favorite....terrible gameplay; all vices T2 doesnt have.
  • well, i dropped it, yellow dog only runs two of the ps3's six cores, thus, it makes it so damn slow its not even funny, oh and yellow dog wants you to buy a license for the ps3 port of it, so thats out the window... =(
  • well, i dropped it, yellow dog only runs two of the ps3's six cores, thus, it makes it so damn slow its not even funny, oh and yellow dog wants you to buy a license for the ps3 port of it, so thats out the window... =(
    teeheeheee, i cannibalised 2 PSPs to improve proccessing power, and it does work, which is why i successfully logged into TX twice.

but i doubt any PSP owners would want to tear it apart and let me wreck it.
  • yellow dog only runs two of the ps3's six cores

Actually, if I remember correctly, the PS3 has seven cores.
  • ok posting
  • Actually, if I remember correctly, the PS3 has seven cores.

oh, yeah, it does, however, the new ps3 slim has 6 cores, although that wasnt confirmed back at that time i posted that
  • RC3plxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxplxkthxbai
  • shut up, you've already been told it would be out before the end of the year, sit in a damn corner and wait, also, pay attention to tribesnext.com if you want some rough release dates in the future
  • do you actually care about the TN releases? i just take them as they come
    i have xfire now kthxbai
  • Offtopic: Zaxx whats your xfire?
  • its sgtbounty09
  • thanks for letting me surprise him
  • oh, yeah, it does, however, the new ps3 slim has 6 cores, although that wasnt confirmed back at that time i posted that
    I dont see the point of a slim console.

1: Its not like you're going to carry it everywhere.
    2: In this case, less powerful.
    3: Get a SNES. :D

RC3 better be released before my birthday or someone will be abused.

PSP+T2=Demonfail.
    It lags too much.
    It was worth a try.
  • I dont see the point of a slim console.

1: Its not like you're going to carry it everywhere.
    2: In this case, less powerful.
    3: Get a SNES. :D

RC3 better be released before my birthday or someone will be abused.

PSP+T2=Demonfail.
    It lags too much.
    It was worth a try.

thought you said you caniballised one and used its hardware in one of your test subject psp's, and that it worked lol, also, primarily the 7th cpu wasnt the best in the world but they kept it anyway, it pushed costs up and so it had to sell for more so im told, this way, with much less matierials and one cpu that didnt do much gone, its now around $299 or so
  • it lags enough to throw your aim off on TX, on GH I dont even want to know.
    You cant host and you cant use bots without lag.

Besides who has 2 PSPs to sacrifice? (other than me, Sony, and all good game stores)
  • Double post for double effect.

Its time to bring this project to an end.