Issue hosting Metalic Edition

I downloaded and installed the most recent Metallic Edition into my gamedata folder. I ran the .DSO remover and changed a few things in the server config. I am only planning on hosting offline servers for the moment. The issue is:

1) When I do not host it as a dedicated server, I get an UE once the game finishes loading.

2) When I do host it as a dedicated server, it appears as if purebuild is not enabled. I can use the basic building tools, however my energy is limited. When I vote to enable purebuild it will either crash the server, or change nothing at all.

Did I miss a setting? I have been browsing around the forums for the last few days in an attempt to find the answer to this issue. I used to host a few years ago and had similar problems, I can not remember what I did to fix them.

Again, I did delete and confirm the deletion of the .DSO's. I have also tried to load prepbuild(); in the console with no solution or change.

Thanks to everyone,

Jesbus

PS:

If electrocutioner sees this post please send me a PM, I'm an old member of NOS from the good ol' days. Previous name: Darkcard

Comments

• Hey, are you running a lot of custom scripts? Some mods/servers have issues with that. I might try and host my own server a little later and see what I can come up with to see if it can help you.
  • Nah this is a plain install, nothing else (except SI) has been added to T2.

Thanks!
  • jebus, what os are you running? and have you considered xfire? only i and dddx discovered some time ago that vista behaves ever so slightly more with xfire supporting t2
  • I'm running Windows 7 x64

I doubt that is the issue, since I recall having this issue years ago with Windows XP. I could drop it in an XP Virtual Machine and see what happens.
  • You're who? Nobody with that name was a member of NOS.
  • It was either Darkcard or Yamike. And I certainly was. I'll send you a PM with a little proof.
  • Be sure your shortcut's mod is set properly, otherwise it won't work right. Mine is:
    C:/Dynamix/Tribes2/GameData/Tribes2.exe -online -mod Construction
    (Dir was off the top of my head, may be wrong)
  • Investigating that, my shortcut for my Metallic offline Server shortcut is:

C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\tribes2.exe -nologin -mod Construction -nopure

Don't I want pure?

EDIT:

Ding, I removed -nopure from the shortcut and it works. Why the heck is that a default on the server download?
  • Investigating that, my shortcut for my Metallic offline Server shortcut is:

C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\tribes2.exe -nologin -mod Construction -nopure

Don't I want pure?

EDIT:

Ding, I removed -nopure from the shortcut and it works. Why the heck is that a default on the server download?

-nopure if added loads custom scripts.
  • Cool beans. Thanks everyone for your help!