Tribes Ascend

Probably old news for you guys.. but:
Tribes Ascend teaser

The real Tribes 3.. or Tribes vengeance 2.. we'll have to see.

Comments

• Hopefully it'll be like T1/T2.... I'd love to script for a Tribes game that has more than a few hundred players lol
  • A well made teaser, cant wait. :)
  • If you are looking for something that stays true to what Tribes is, then you are going to enjoy what Hi-Rez offers this time around. I'm going to have to find a way to balance my playtime between this and Firefall or else I'll develop split personalities...
  • The site for this is http://www.tribesascend.com/
    You'll notice in the press release that it's touted as "the modern successor to T2", and they're well aware of how the community in general feels about Vengrances, so they'll be trying not to make the same mistakes.
    The idea of a standalone non-mmo release came up quite a bit in the discussions following the news of the IP acquisition, so I'm not terribly surprised they went with it. Here's hoping to be pleasantly surprised at how it turns out.

By the way, at about 31 seconds there is a T2 generator being shout by a spinfusor, and in one of the frames that flashes at 59 seconds there are two guys playing rock paper scissors.
  • Whats the difference between tribes ascend and tribes universe, sorry i'm slow catching on to stuff
  • Ascend is a multiplayer shooter (think T1/T2), which should serve to test the waters and introduce new players to the franchise while getting feedback for on the game for use in...
    Universe, which is a large scale massively multiplayer shooter set in the Tribes universe.
  • Helmets look cool,

Did I see a guy with a sword in one of the flashing images?
  • So is it an RPG or an FPS?
  • Ascend is FPS and Universe will be something like FPS and RPG combined I quess.
  • omg is that mostlikely!?

well, I found my own link to this, I wonder what's going to happen to this one lol.
  • Caaammmmmeeee
  • guess its time to drop tscript and go for uscript then eh? well, acctually, better wait and see first
  • Its safe to assume that because Universe will be an FPS-RPG hybrid, the community will be made of hardcore preschool CoD fans and FF13 fangirls.

Maybe they'll mate and produce the next generation of Castigers? Only time will tell.
  • I don't plan on playing Universe really, but the idea of Ascend is hot.
  • Its safe to assume that because Universe will be an FPS-RPG hybrid, the community will be made of hardcore preschool CoD fans and FF13 fangirls.

Maybe they'll mate and produce the next generation of Castigers? Only time will tell.

THAT is a scary fookin thought.
  • I thought I'd mention that a certain someone will be starting employment at a certain studio on a recently announced project that may be relevant to the title of this thread. This person is under NDA, as all employees of game development studios are, of course, and can't disclose any information. Said person may have been known, once upon a time, as Sion Delta, and hosted a slightly customized version of Construction mod. Suffice to say, there are true fans of the series involved and dedicated in some very direct manners.
  • Hypothetically speaking, one might hope this person formerly known as Sion Delta will be a big supporter of having mod tools ready out the gate, and might suggest having plenty of extra shapes and decorative art included with the game.

Also, :wave:
  • This thread keeps making me happier and happier :)
  • Well, I'll say that, again, as any employee of a game development studio under an NDA, one must be very careful with what they disclose, promise, say, state, suggest, etc. etc. etc...

As it is, I only *think* I'm safe saying that I am working on a specific project. Even that might be pushing it. Even if I were to say something like "The direction of the project is in line with Tribes 1 and 2." (most may consider that a positive statement), that's not for me to decide and I do not represent the entirety of the studio or the team working on the project. I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

I was around way back in the day, involved in T2CC (Tribes 2 Coding Community) and a very active Construction mod host for quite some time before Planetside stole me away.

All I think I can really say is that I'm ridiculously psyched and excited for the project and I will do everything within my power to make it the most amazing, awesome, epic title in the universe, as I would for anything that I have the honor of putting my name in the credits of. Working on this project is coming full circle from being 12 - 14 playing with Tribes 2 script to being a fully fledged, professional game developer on Tribes Ascend/Tribes Universe.
  • If you get fired for violation of your NDA, you can blame me. ;)
  • No reason to get fired if you're only being that general.

But since you're "involved" in the matter, can you throw in some suggestions for "mod-friendliness"?
  • This thread wins.
  • Toss in Zombie AI, and an NDA might appear under your desk. With lube. ;)
  • dont mean to be a downer, but how do we know this isnt some hoax in an attempt to troll us, reason being that very few outside of t2 even remotely know of these forums if at all.
  • Well, I'll say that, again, as any employee of a game development studio under an NDA, one must be very careful with what they disclose, promise, say, state, suggest, etc. etc. etc...

As it is, I only *think* I'm safe saying that I am working on a specific project. Even that might be pushing it. Even if I were to say something like "The direction of the project is in line with Tribes 1 and 2." (most may consider that a positive statement), that's not for me to decide and I do not represent the entirety of the studio or the team working on the project. I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

I was around way back in the day, involved in T2CC (Tribes 2 Coding Community) and a very active Construction mod host for quite some time before Planetside stole me away.

All I think I can really say is that I'm ridiculously psyched and excited for the project and I will do everything within my power to make it the most amazing, awesome, epic title in the universe, as I would for anything that I have the honor of putting my name in the credits of. Working on this project is coming full circle from being 12 - 14 playing with Tribes 2 script to being a fully fledged, professional game developer on Tribes Ascend/Tribes Universe.

April 1st?

I hope this isn't an April fools day joke. :(
  • As it is, I only *think* I'm safe saying that I am working on a specific project. Even that might be pushing it. Even if I were to say something like "The direction of the project is in line with Tribes 1 and 2." (most may consider that a positive statement), that's not for me to decide and I do not represent the entirety of the studio or the team working on the project. I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

glee.png
    Even if I were to say something like "The direction of the project is in line with Tribes 1 and 2." (most may consider that a positive statement), that's not for me to decide and I do not represent the entirety of the studio or the team working on the project. I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

ooee7.gif
    I am a new employee, not a veteran or senior resident. I'm still in the process of relocating so I can start April 1st, 2011.

hyper_glee.gif
    April 1st, 2011.

s1mi0.gif

...Huge coincidence?
  • dont mean to be a downer, but how do we know this isnt some hoax in an attempt to troll us, reason being that very few outside of t2 even remotely know of these forums if at all.

Sion is part of the construction crew from the old days, not some random nugget looking to troll you. Besides which, he did say he couldn't tell you anything about the game anyway, so if it were an April fool's joke it'd be a bit of a dud; "Haha, got you guys! I'm not actually working for them at all! Suckers!" :rolleyes:
  • Sion is part of the construction crew from the old days, not some random nugget looking to troll you. Besides which, he did say he couldn't tell you anything about the game anyway, so if it were an April fool's joke it'd be a bit of a dud; "Haha, got you guys! I'm not actually working for them at all! Suckers!" :rolleyes:

Ah. Well, you know the forum I come from - I think at least, since you lurk my MC channel... I pretty much assume everything posted on the Internet is a troll these days. arms.gif