In search of Construction Mod friends of the past!

Hello all, Tessio here. Don't go by this alias much anymore but I used to.

Hoping to get in touch with some old friends from T2. Any sign of Construct, mostlikely, charliebucket, Sabbok, etc. these days?

Nothing serious, just hoping to catch up. I wish irc.dynamic.net were still alive. Regards to all of you for keeping this community alive.

Comments

• :wave:

A few people from the old days do occasionally pop their heads out (though it has been a bit slow lately), but there are a lot of people who I haven't seen at all since around the time IRC went down... I'm sure quite a few have Steam accounts these days, but they're not always easy to find.

Construct comes around the forums every few months, played minecraft with some of the guys here for a bit, and is usually on Steam. Mostlikely used to check the forums once in a while as well, but I don't think he has been around lately.
  • Cool, do you guys have an MC server? I play it on occasion and am an op on a reddit survival server. Great to hear from you Krash!
  • Most of the community set up a Minecraft server partnered with GoonHaven. You can find most of us there.
  • Yep, goonhaven.org is where you'll find the MC server these days if you feel like plopping in. Iplop hosted us a little server prior to it being partnered up.
    Haven't played in ages myself, but I'm always on the IRC channel connected to the server.
    If I do hop on, my MC account is sharkitgood, and Shane (who you might also remember) is Sharkitbad. :p

Of the MC server regulars I can think of at the moment, you might remember CMDRBOB from back in the day. He used to make a bunch of construction maps and ran one of the big construction tribes way back in 2002.
    Thalagyrt (who runs the server) was also around in the T2 community at the time, so you might've run into him at some point as well.
  • You probably wont remember me, i was Emperor's Champ, but i remember you! :)
  • CMDRBOB rings a bell. Sorry Alviss but a bunch of old names have faded from memory. But hey, cheers to the good old days!

I wonder if anyone's got an archive of photos from back then. If only I could dig up my screenshot thread :)
  • Did some digging and found our old site in the Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20050312031654/http://hosted.tribalwar.com/theconstruct/frames.htm

Memories!
  • It's too bad it didn't save more of the files, as I remember trying to find a few of the screenshots on that version of the site years ago with not much luck. I think I found an archive of the thread at one point as well, but it was missing the images as well.

If I'd had a bit more foresight, I would've been saving these things left and right myself. :p

For anyone who is curious, there are some shots from an older gallery here.
  • Ah, it's funny how greatly all those screen shots predate my time in Construction, or my time in Tribes 2 all together.
  • I'll be your friend.

Seinfeld.jpg
  • 9-2-2002 Uploaded JackTL's Flatland update.
    This is good stuff. There are four version available now. Flatland, Flatland at Night, Flatland Big, Flatland Big Night. Got get it.

it's funny because flatland hasn't gotten much flatter since then
  • Hows it going Tessio. I was a part of the community back in those days but sadly was a teenager, so if there are any memories of me they probably arn't good ones... :P
  • it's funny because flatland hasn't gotten much flatter since then
    I think we've all been waiting intently for the flatter remake of flatland for 2012.
  • I've screwed around quite a bit in the past but most of the people I used to know are virtually nonexistent now.
  • I doubt you 'member me, but I 'member you. What up, Tess.
  • I'm still around!
  • Confirming I am, in fact, an enigma. An anomaly of your thought. I am non-existent.

But wassap. :p
  • I'm alive, and possibly the only admin (other then Doe) that's still semi-active.
  • I don't know if anyone here remembers me. I played around 2006-2008 (fairly heavily at times) on The Construct server, among others, under the names "remy" and "taktoa". You might remember me as the guy who built bases out of medium walkways at various angles in the white holes of Flatdash.
  • never really been interested in playing, its more because i like having people around as i build, it gets too lonely otherwise. :(
  • never really been interested in playing, its more because i like having people around as i build, it gets too lonely otherwise. :(

I start having VGH conversations with myself.
    :(
  • Does anyone remember me :( ?
  • Yes, come join us!
  • im still on nukem, everyone come kill some zombies on my branzone hosted accm server!
  • ...building things...
  • Hmmm.. people I know from this thread/remember(doubt you know me though):

-Zaxxman
    -Zipperdude
    -Fast Fire - seen you on TA, I believe we're friends on steam as well
    -Krash123
    -Shane, that fucker banned me a while ago
    -SuperDoe
    -Humans
    -DEATHBORN
    -Blnukem - have seen you on TA as well before I think
    -CMDRBOB - seen him on TA
    -Dark Dragon DX rings a bell
    -Thyth
    -Naosyth (my favorite admin), and sorry for stealing your name on PSN
    -Nazalyth I think was another one, could be making that up though
    -Master Chief ? or something like that. I think he as an admin?
    -Castigar
    -Snowfire
    -Phantom

p.s. - I'm really upset that I cant remember the guy who taught me how to construct stuff on the TC servers. Oh well, that was like 4-5 years ago.

p.p.s. - My name was Acroma
  • I miss you guys...
  • Hmmm.. people I know from this thread/remember(doubt you know me though):

-Zaxxman
    -Zipperdude
    -Fast Fire - seen you on TA, I believe we're friends on steam as well
    -Krash123
    -Shane, that fucker banned me a while ago
    -SuperDoe
    -Humans
    -DEATHBORN
    -Blnukem - have seen you on TA as well before I think
    -CMDRBOB - seen him on TA
    -Dark Dragon DX rings a bell
    -Thyth
    -Naosyth (my favorite admin), and sorry for stealing your name on PSN
    -Nazalyth I think was another one, could be making that up though
    -Master Chief ? or something like that. I think he as an admin?
    -Castigar
    -Snowfire
    -Phantom

p.s. - I'm really upset that I cant remember the guy who taught me how to construct stuff on the TC servers. Oh well, that was like 4-5 years ago.

p.p.s. - My name was Acroma

sad-sad-face.png