Thank You

Hi,
I just want to thank everyone who contributed to Tribes 2 construction mods. You all created an incredible thing. The balance of freedom and mathematical precision in this game is still unmatched to this day. If the YouTube gaming community and "Let's Play" was around in 2005, we would have had millions of players. I'm not saying that's a good thing - we had a wonderful niche community (excluding me - I was a little brat). I'm sure I speak for others when I say this mod changed my life. I was able to exercise my imagination for many years, and I continued to have that same drive as I went through college. I just earned my BSME here in L.A. and I honestly probably wouldn't have ended up where I am today if I had just played FPS games instead of T2 Construction.

So, thank you to everyone who contributed to T2 Construction and anyone who helped pay for the hosting.

-R

Comments

• I second this
  • Hi,
    I just want to thank everyone who contributed to Tribes 2 construction mods. You all created an incredible thing. The balance of freedom and mathematical precision in this game is still unmatched to this day. If the YouTube gaming community and "Let's Play" was around in 2005, we would have had millions of players. I'm not saying that's a good thing - we had a wonderful niche community (excluding me - I was a little brat). I'm sure I speak for others when I say this mod changed my life. I was able to exercise my imagination for many years, and I continued to have that same drive as I went through college. I just earned my BSME here in L.A. and I honestly probably wouldn't have ended up where I am today if I had just played FPS games instead of T2 Construction.

So, thank you to everyone who contributed to T2 Construction and anyone who helped pay for the hosting.

-R

Is this the same Rysterf that I used to kick from the server? :tinfoil:

Just messin with you bro. I agree, construction was a healthy brain workout and brought out some good creativity and lasting friendships.
  • I should finish some of my builds some day
  • Aye, I do miss the good old days.
  • As do I... :( Do you still play Mentulmhat?
  • I third this
  • Sadly I don't play much, been pretty busy lately. How've you been?