History!!!

Its been a year-ish since i started to play Construction/ACCM and i always say "the old times with Hotchik,Alviss,TerkoiZ, shane and freespin but what were the REAL old times like who made the mods, when was what were some fatal flaws? you know Crap like that Ban dates Ect, Ect so tell me plz thx :)

Comments

• I don't remember back that far.

The farthest back i can remember is when i joined a server, a mooncon server, and there was a massive ship, made of crates, with an equally, but smaller one in it's hanger.

It's what has been inspiring me for the last 5 years.
  • Yeah!, A Construction Mod Historical Documentation would be a pretty nice and interesting thing to have.

Maybe I'll have an interview with Krash some day :D, if he's willing to take it of course.
  • interiview him plz i would do all the SA/older Admins/older players but im WAY to busy
  • this would be pretty cool, its always interesting to hear people talking about this stuff
  • The farthest I remember back was my first time online. I joined a QuantiumX server. I went in and we were running Flatland Canyon. Some guy had made this "awesome"--back then-- turret. He went on to other things, and I asked, "can i hav it?" "Sure. Hold on.."

And so that turret disappeared in a few minutes... and I was mad. Good times...

The "old days" for me are from when QX first came out and every con server had it with Flatland Canyon. Eventually Flatland Desert came on (I despise that map). Then base wars on Flatland Desert.. and then QX slowly died off and CCM was the thing. Then Metallic joined it, and much later ECM came on stage (at least for me). After that is when T2 started to die.

The last con server I joined before the masters went down.. it was a metallic server. I made a graveyard of crosses with all of the players' names that I could think of labeled onto different beacons (there were large crosses for Construct, Mostlikely, JackTL, Thyth, etc).

There was planned to be a "last deconstruction of the LSB" ceremony that CMDRBOB had planned, but a date was never scheduled. No one was decided to have the honors.

Ever since I joined my first ECM server, I've been inspired to keep learning TorqueScript and eventually hope to be worthy of NOS membership... something I've wanted as long as I can remember. And so, I try to find great ideas that haven't been done before that might impress any of the members, though I haven't found one yet.

And that's my story, at least. Hope any other vets and share theirs. I believe I joined the online world in 2004.

~Syn~
  • heh heh heh... Old Fart.

JK
  • I remember BEFORE QX.. oh, those WHERE the good times.

To put it shortly, Someone like Ducky could toss you 40 Arrow IV's in 5 seconds using a modded shrike.

And most likely crash the server.

Those where the days!
  • I remember v48. We didn't have the fancy Construction Tool. All we could do was deconstruct stuff. I loved the DEV server. It was so much fun to see the things that the team came up with. I remember the addition MTC's and hazard building. Then along came v.666 and I started UE'ing everytime I started Tribes 2. I started playing War2003 for a while and then I came back after v68 was released. I remember how crazy MPM's were to me.
  • Ahhhh War2003. Good memories on that game! My favourite combat mod I think :)