Help with some Con server settings

I have recently launched a Construction mod server using the most recent version of Moocon and was curious about editing a few things.

1.) How can I have packs automatically change when edited so users don't have to run back and forth to the nearest inventory station or use the /buyfavs command?

2.) If I were to create a /save command into my server how would I go about making it work through a chat command like typing /save? Is it simply a matter of writing the code to save it and placing it within a file called save.cs in the script folder?

3.) Currently only the construction tool, mis tool, and texture tool appear when selecting "weapons." I was curious where the code was located that allowed more to display since all the other weapon files are in the appropriate places.

Any help would be much appreciated, sorry if any of my questions seem vague or stupid, I'm not used to the torque coding environment :p

Comments

• i do not know.

use metallic mod for construction.
  • I comply with Demoncard, you should use Metallic instead.
    It has everything you're asking for... *hides his Anti-Moocon T-shirt*.. Really!
  • Lol alright maybe i'll give it a shot, but i'm pretty sure metallic doesnt have all the above features does it?

K, i have switched to using metallic but the above questions still remain in tact as none are covered by metallic. On top of this when creating things with the light support beam pack things no longer seem to "snap" into place. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
  • MooCon is a very well done mod. It's what some of the best builders i've ever known use.
    To answer your questions.

1) Too complicated to explain. But i plan on making it for my mod, if you're still interested then, i could give it to you.

2) Yes. Put this function anywhere in ChatCommands.cs
    function ccSave(%sender, %args)
    {
      if (!%sender.isAdmin)
        return messageclient(%sender, 'MsgClient', "\c2Admin is required");
      if (GetWord(%args, 0) $= "")
        return messageclient(%sender, 'MsgClient', "\c2Invalid Input. \c5/save Target FileName");

%target = PlnametoCid( GetWord(%args, 0) );

%filename = getWords(%args, 1, GetWordCount(%args));

if (%target != 0)
      {
        saveBuilding(%sender, "", %filename @ ".cs", "", "", %target);
        messageAll('MsgNotify', "\c2All of \c5" @%target.Namebase@ "'s\c2 pieces are being saved - \c5" @ %Filename);
      }
      else
        messageclient(%sender, 'MsgClient', "\c2Invalid target player");
    }

restart your server
    Say /save TargetName Filename
    NOTE: .cs is already appended to the savefile.

then manually move the file in Construction/buildings/ to Construction/Buildings/Admin/

3) it's called Pure Build mode. It's for building, so only the building tools are available.
    Although i'm sure someone would be glad you give you a getWeapon command. I could send you mine, if you want, when i get it to actually work, it's untested.
  • Thanks for all the help Emperor =). And yeah those mods would be cool, yeah your right about the purebuild thing though lol.
  • Thanks for all the help Emperor =). And yeah those mods would be cool, yeah your right about the purebuild thing though lol.

[vgra] Anytime.
  • Lol alright maybe i'll give it a shot, but i'm pretty sure metallic doesnt have all the above features does it?

K, i have switched to using metallic but the above questions still remain in tact as none are covered by metallic. On top of this when creating things with the light support beam pack things no longer seem to "snap" into place. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

They were thinking of "metallic" as seen on the official TC.net servers, which actually does cover all of it and is where the auto-buy feature originated. I've been meaning to clean it up and release for quite a while, but have never gotten around to it. I should be able to get it out fairly soon if I spend a few weekends cleaning it out... As I have plans in motion to start fresh once more of the TribesNext core is laid down.

Since it's unreleased, the only version you could be using is a beta version from a little over 4 years ago, before it came under new management.
  • Alrighty, sounds good. thanks.
  • They were thinking of "metallic" as seen on the official TC.net servers, which actually does cover all of it and is where the auto-buy feature originated. I've been meaning to clean it up and release for quite a while, but have never gotten around to it..

If you can wait for Krash to release TC metallic, i'd say grab it with both hands. In my experience, it's by far the most player friendly Construction Mod.
  • Yeah if thats what he's using on the TX server than its exactly what I was looking for and is really nice lol.
  • I comply with Demoncard, you should use Metallic instead.
    It has everything you're asking for... *hides his Anti-Moocon T-shirt*.. Really!

wow Deflun agreeing with Demoncard?
    its a breakthrough for mankind!