Jotun or somesuch

Hey peeps...

I was just thinking... with all the new people playing/coming back to Tribes2, and most claiming, "Tribes2 is back!", don't seem to realize that Tribes2 never left, it was just they who were lost.

I was thinking that we start a group, a brotherhood (not as intense, but on the right track), of those who rode the storm, and continued on to see this games rebirth, i'm suggesting we create an elite group of those who know this game through and through, and accept no substitutions.

It'll be fun! :D

We'd get our own cool player skins, a neat o brotherhood (not really a tribe, but extremely exclusive), and tons of respect as the only true veterans of this game.

When some asshat calls you a newb, you can say, "I've been playing for 8 years, i'm a Jotun"

BTW, a Jotun is a giant who is a member of the Jotun race which was created by the only 2 surviving frost giants of Ymir's death and the rise of the Aesir (gods).

(we can get a better name)

Comments

• what about, DARCKSHADOWELITES666?

(Seriously though, how do you plan to assign the Jotun status to players?)
  • can i join? ive been playing T2 on linux and Windows since release?

PS:
    can we call it the Hammerites? (I like Thief too much)
    how about : The Keepers?

also, for ranks:
    Leviathan
    Kurshok
    Hydra
    Medusa
    etc.......
    :)
  • Do i class since i was out for about a year.
  • yah...
    i is 100 ma-male.
  • Hey peeps...

I was just thinking... with all the new people playing/coming back to Tribes2, and most claiming, "Tribes2 is back!", don't seem to realize that Tribes2 never left, it was just they who were lost.

I was thinking that we start a group, a brotherhood (not as intense, but on the right track), of those who rode the storm, and continued on to see this games rebirth, i'm suggesting we create an elite group of those who know this game through and through, and accept no substitutions.

It'll be fun! :D

We'd get our own cool player skins, a neat o brotherhood (not really a tribe, but extremely exclusive), and tons of respect as the only true veterans of this game.

When some asshat calls you a newb, you can say, "I've been playing for 8 years, i'm a Jotun"

BTW, a Jotun is a giant who is a member of the Jotun race which was created by the only 2 surviving frost giants of Ymir's death and the rise of the Aesir (gods).

(we can get a better name)

You need to stop drinking before you post. But yes, we should make an elite group of people who have been playing T2 for a longass time. Count me in. :)
  • You need to stop drinking before you post. But yes, we should make an elite group of people who have been playing T2 for a longass time. Count me in. :)
    sorry, it said elite players; you dont make the cut.
  • sorry, it said elite players; you dont make the cut.

You can't seem to grow up, can you?

And Emp, when you can go to my server, we need to talk. (Not regarding to this thread's topic)
  • You can't seem to grow up, can you?
    coming from the 2 year old who kicks me when i join his server.

will you give it a rest already? You may find its you who's prolonging this display of immaturity; instead of giggling and attempting to aggravate me(its working -.-), actually do something constructive.

PS Deathborn, my brother has confessed to trying to kick you...sorry :{
  • will you give it a rest already? You may find its you who's prolonging this display of immaturity; instead of giggling and attempting to aggravate me(its working -.-), actually do something constructive.

Actually, it's you. Like I said, douchebag, grow up.
  • coming from the 2 year old who kicks me when i join his server.

will you give it a rest already? You may find its you who's prolonging this display of immaturity; instead of giggling and attempting to aggravate me(its working -.-), actually do something constructive.

PS Deathborn, my brother has confessed to trying to kick you...sorry :{

Demon, STFU, it was hard enough for all of us to stop the flame wars already, Nukem won't backoff, so it's up to you, keep it up and spoil your chance or give it a rest and just go on with your fucking life.

Please?
  • /me wonders if playing most of 2006 and then since last summer counts as long enough.
  • i only like it if 2003ish counts. :) actually might have been '02
  • Demon, STFU, it was hard enough for all of us to stop the flame wars already, Nukem won't backoff, so it's up to you, keep it up and spoil your chance or give it a rest and just go on with your fucking life.

Please?

Yes.

Back on topic;
    a better name for this brotherhood title thingy; Gerbil?

lol...
    randomasshat01: Demoncard nOOb woot!
    Demoncard: ive been playing for 8 years, im a gerbil!

or maybe less rodentile....

How about: Panzer?
  • You need to stop drinking before you post. But yes, we should make an elite group of people who have been playing T2 for a longass time. Count me in. :)

Hahah, you knew i was drunk! You sly bastard... but yah, we should do something like this.
  • And Emp go to my server, we need to talk. (Not regarding to this thread's topic)

Read this nub! :mad:
    Hahah, you knew i was drunk! You sly bastard... but yah, we should do something like this.

And yes, I know everything.
  • you people have far too many addictions.
    dont you feel the slightest bit stupid while smoking and/or drinking alcohol?
  • you people have far too many addictions.
    dont you feel the slightest bit stupid while smoking and/or drinking alcohol?

Not at all!
  • damn.
    I tried a cig once. it tasted like chicken!
    well...no, it was a choking, floating pile of shit.
    personally, id like to die in a cowboy shootout against Blnukem, not because of a burning lump of nicotine. :)
  • attachment.php?attachmentid=2539&stc=1

I wanted the last comment on this because it's wrong. Alviss, take a look below buddy. Know what you're talking about before you say it. And you never made any "Spatial Awareness Code."
    function SentinelManeuvering(%obj)
    {
       if(!isObject(%obj))
          return;

%Type = $TypeMasks::InteriorObjectType | $TypeMasks::StaticObjectType | $TypeMasks::PlayerObjectType | $TypeMasks::VehicleObjectType | $TypeMakes::ItemObjectType;

InitContainerRadiusSearch(%obj.getPosition(), 3, %Type);
       while ((%target = ContainerSearchNext()) != 0)
       {
          if (%target !$= %obj || %target !$= %obj.turretObject || %target.player.isZombie != 1)
          {  // Temporary code until I make sentinels avoid shit better.
             %dist = containerSearchCurrRadDamageDist();
             %tgtPos = %obj.getWorldBoxCenter();
             %distance2 = VectorDist(%tgtPos, %target.getPosition());
             %distance = mfloor(%distance2);
             %vec = VectorNormalize(VectorSub(%target.getPosition(), %tgtpos));
             %nForce = 1500 / %distance;
             %forceVector = vectorScale(%vec, -1 * %nForce);

if (%obj.getPosition() != %target.getPosition()) {
             %obj.applyImpulse(%obj.getPosition(), %forceVector);
             }
          }
       }
       Schedule(100, 0, "SentinelManeuvering", %obj);
    }

• Douche.PNG
  • Ontopic: Count Doe in, once he figures out where I hid his A
    offtopic: /me steals Demoncard's copy of Thief 3
  • Ontopic: Count Doe in, once he figures out where I hid his A
    offtopic: /me steals Demoncard's copy of Thief 3
    *steals Jack's copy of Thief 2"
    Thief 3s crap. keep it for all I care.
    *shoots fire arrow down Jack's pants.*
  • I wanted the last comment on this because it's wrong. Alviss, take a look below buddy. Know what you're talking about before you say it. And you never made any "Spatial Awareness Code."

Yah, turns out i didn't give you the version with the spatial awareness. My bad.
    I gave you the one with the damage avoidance. (which worked great).

Forgive me when i accuse you of stealing when i see the sentinels look and act exactly like mine in everyway (except for the dmg avoidance thing).

EDIT:: Turns out i did give you it, two different versions, but it wasn't it's own function. It's not like yours.

I also just inadvertanly fixed a UE in the sentinel code... :P
    If you're using the function AIConnection::SetTarget(%this, %target)
    you'll want to change that name. lol
  • soo back to Jotun thing.
  • Blnukem you should just send me your sentinel code right now so we can clear this up.
    I hate thinking you're stealing from me.

If you're truely not using my code, we should have no problems. If you are using some of my code, or using my algorithms, thats fine, just make sure you give some aspect of credit where it's due.

Also, read my post above Demoncards
  • Alviss, maybe Nukem is just preparing you a birthday surprise.
  • can we get back on topic now?
  • No.
    You will learn kid, the topic of ACCM hijacks most threads that Eolk, Nukem or Emp start.
    On the plus side, my "hacked" post count fixed itself.
  • omfg...
    the zombies on infection cant go up stairs/diagonal walkways.

how can you possibly talk about ACCM on every thread?!
    that might seem harsh, but ACCM seems to hijack most threads.
    Blnukem, stop kicking me from ACCM, how do I know its good if i havnt tried it?
  • No one that has posted thus far in this thread deserves to be an "Elite" player.

Very few people actually contributed to progressing this mod further along throughout the years. And they are not looking for a status symbol. They did it to continue to bring new content to a old game so it would maintain is momentum and still bring fun to the game. I've said this before, and I will say it again, new players are what made the mod and the game survive, not the same 10 people that have been playing for 8 yrs. Its the veteran players duty as fans of tribes 2 to continue its legacy by contributing somehow to its survival for the new players to come. Then those new players move up to be those veteran players that contribute.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a level of progression title for someone that has moved past the newblood stage to a experienced builder, to a veteran player. Not for status or bragging rights, no fancy club skin or tag, but as a position of knowledge, maturity, and ability to help make the mod survive by helping it along in each specific way, and by helping those that are new to feel welcome to this mod and to this game.

Such titles would be a special title under the Avatar in the forums, such as the "Order of the Hammer" title Krash bestowed himself with. Have "Apprentice" "Experienced" and "Veteran". Each progressional rank for a person would have to be voted on by the members of the community, and would be finalized by the veteran level players.

So in the event someone comes on the forums that are new, and ask "How do I play this mod" they can see the level of experience that the players have in this mod, to better make a judgment on who has the experience to discuss the mod to them.

I would not mind managing this if Krash was so kind as to let me. Those that know me well know I am fair, and will not let any personal bias towards people affect results of progressions. Everyone has a chance to be a Veteran player, just gotta do your part to make this mod better, and keeping it going on. Progression in levels will not be a day process, it will take time to prove to the community you deserve that level of respect. If this is motioned to go foward and create this, I will discuss further details. Until then, its up to you Krash.
  • Perhaps because 2/3rds of the people in this thread dont know how to add stuff to an old game ;)