My Browser

I am wortking on a browser for Tribes 2. I may have told you all before, it cannot be released until the framework required thing is removed. Maybe 100,000 lines of code. So little time.
  • browser.JPG

Comments

• Wow man... what are you creating the browser in and are you creating it from scratch?
  • I'm curious, just what needs 100,000 lines of coding?, as in specifically speaking?

And btw, you don't need to start a new thread, you can just bump the old one.
  • Wow man... what are you creating the browser in and are you creating it from scratch?
    The answer is yes, it was from scratch
  • will this include clans?
    will it be TN compatible?
    wheres Eolk?
  • Eolk is in IRC/Admining on Goon Haven
    It probably will as you wouldnt be able to access the browser if it wasnt.
    It isnt a clan browser like we used to have, its a web surfer
    Eolk's a far more competant admin than me ;)
    I goof around on TX with Spin XD
    That is where you are wrong, I need to connect the browser to the TribesNext Master Server patch. It will be out as estimated, April 10th.
  • Sythe, is this a standalone 3rd party browser? or is it integrated? The GUI makes it look like it is a whole separate program.

Also, TN is already working on the Browser.

EDIT:

Oooh, it's a web browser. My bad.

Damn dude thats sweet! But still, is it integrated?
  • I'm curious, just what needs 100,000 lines of coding?

A game engine.
  • A game engine.
    The problem is, I need the master server connection.
  • I need to add a Player Lookup. And I need a Tribe Lookup.

To read more go to {hidden due to hack}
  • Rofl, how much is google paying you to make that google search button on it?
  • The first thing is, we have an offline browser, as of April 10th, 2009

Wait a second.. isn't April 10th in like.. a month and 5 days?
  • :)

Rofl, how much is google paying you to make that google search button on it?
    Conceivably nothing, seeing as it's his little thing and there's... not exactly a market for it. However, you're on the right track: this is exactly how the major browsers (aside from Apple or Micro$oft products of course) are funded. Firefox in particular lands literally millions of dollars per year using this method.
  • A little program like this would be handy for Construction if it ever becomes a big thing, and a stand-alone game (or even now!).
    It could be used to browse databases of old buildings, buildings methods, construction articles and discussions. Fuck i love technology.

I'm almost inspired to create something that Krash has that alerts him if someone has said his name on a TC server.
  • A little program like this would be handy for Construction if it ever becomes a big thing, and a stand-alone game (or even now!).
    It could be used to browse databases of old buildings, buildings methods, construction articles and discussions. Fuck i love technology.

I'm almost inspired to create something that Krash has that alerts him if someone has said his name on a TC server.

Lol off topic, alviss is 1 1/2 Evil, he has 999 posts...
  • Lol off topic, alviss is 1 1/2 Evil, he has 999 posts...

Fuck that. i have 1000 :)

(srn shot'd ;))
  • D= i see it!
  • I'm almost inspired to create something that Krash has that alerts him if someone has said his name on a TC server.
    I was interested on building a lamp that would recall my presence everytime it's rubbed.

Sadly, the situation in the middle east is too chaotic, and magic is impossible to find since the 80's.
  • Sadly, the situation in the middle east is too chaotic,
    kinda offensive to asians^
  • Rofl, how much is google paying you to make that google search button on it?
    Nothing.