XwwNeow400

From a Private Message:

Now I'm getting a new Unhandled exception on Tribes 2. What happens is I go to the Online server and only a couple servers come up, I go to the construction server, it says connecting and then I get this message:

Unhandled exception: c0000005
At address 00563973

And sometimes this one:

At address: 0058a841

and also this one:

At address: 00583973

And when the server DOES connect, I get this message

Rejected

Server sent back unreasonable IP challenge source. Possible replay attack attempt.

So WTF IS GOING ON AND HOW DO I FIX THIS?!

Thanks,
XwwNeow400

Comments

• well.

delete .DSOs
    latest patch (not TN)
    then latest TN patch.
    set affinity to 1 processor.
    run as your PC's admin.
    Compatability mode?

other than that, I have no idea.
  • running as admin is total garbage, it doesnt affect anything on any game.
  • running as admin is total garbage, it doesnt affect anything on any game.

Unless you're on Vista. Some API functions can't process on Vista unless you're running as admin.
  • running as admin is total garbage
    Its not. And even if it was, there was no need to make such an insolent post.

Affects Vista...(look at V's post).

Also:
    make sure you have full rights to the T2 exe, right click on it, and click on security, grab all rights.
    maybe firewall related.
    and a version of norton antivirus screwed MFC apps. (updating fixes it). Although I cant remember which.(2 years ago)
  • Its not. And even if it was, there was no need to make such an insolent post.

Affects Vista...(look at V's post).

Also:
    make sure you have full rights to the T2 exe, right click on it, and click on security, grab all rights.
    maybe firewall related.
    and a version of norton antivirus screwed MFC apps. (updating fixes it). Although I cant remember which.(2 years ago)

far as i know, norton is 2008 runs it without a hitch, but then im in the habit of keeping on top of anything new i get so it stays stable, something VERY important for t2 especially :P
  • Tell him to post on the support forums of TribesNext...