Construction Script Idea - Use forcefields as pixels

I think it would be very cool to have a script for Construction Mods that convert an image into a bunch of small Forcefield blocks. I think this could be saved as building file and loaded as a normal building. This would be cool for showing off pictures within the game and even to make logos on building. I imagine this would take up many pieces but would probably be fine with 1 or 2 images.

I have posted on TribesNext also at TN Post

Comments

• That would take alot of peices, a simple 800x600 image would take 480000 peices...
  • That would take alot of peices, a simple 800x600 image would take "480000" peices...
    O_O...
  • it would be cool to see, but i really dont think it would work. like numbuh said, it would take a lot of pieces. A Lot.
  • You could always make a mini FF image manually. :)
  • lol this id would like to see done with ffs acctually, considering the colours of ffs do mix when placed inside one another, hey i might just give this a go, manually of course, and for rofls :p
  • Hey thanks for the replys. I knew it would take up a lot of pieces but had no clue it would actually take so many. One of the things I thought of was to make a pixel like 4 times bigger to reduce the size. But if it takes 40,000 for an 800x600 image you would still need 10,000 pieces and could only view it with SI. I guess my best bet would be just to make an image script and distribute it. The reason I thought of Forcefields is because you would be able to see the image without downloading anything. If you'd have to get SI to see it, it would be useless if you don't download much. :D
  • I once made pixel art with forcefields.

Numb remembers it.

• Except he said forcefield cubes, which those are not.
  • I once made pixel art with forcefields.

Numb remembers it.
    Yep, we made a lego man.

1e1247168b4ce5c31765c41d0667ff704dbe4e92.png
  • wow, Nice but is is missing some ffs.Also SI can't go over 24,554 pieces.I did and si was just crazy.
  • wow, Nice but is is missing some ffs.Also SI can't go over 24,554 pieces.I did and si was just crazy.
    That was probably the server's CPU lagging, not SI.