Changing build limits ?

I'd like to know how to change the limits for Construction Mod, I'm going to be needing more than a 1000 Light Support Beams.

Haven't played T2 for 5 years or more, so that's why I'm here to ask :P

Comments

• Found it myself after opening every CS in the Scripts directory, for the guys who want to know, its "Deployables.cs"
  • You still won't be able to go over 1024 total objects on the map. If you are using the standard Flatland map you need to count the vehicle station (2), the inventory station (1), the sky (1), the terrain (1), the sun (1), the prison (6 or 8), and any player who is building (1 each).

With the prison off and one player building, you have seven objects, meaning at most 1017 pieces can be visible.
  • All of the light support beams are datablocks, are they not?
  • That's like saying all houses are blueprints. Houses are houses; blueprints are blueprints.

LSBs are objects... instances of blueprints. Datablocks are in a way... blueprints.

In short: no they are not datablocks.
  • Any how... the engine only allows 1024 visible objects, doesn't matter what it is... if it has a 3d model, it's a visible object. The amount of these cannot be changed to my knowledge.

Which is rather sad because, in the engine source, it is SOOOO easy to modify... it's literally just a number value. =p
  • the engine allows for more than 1024 visible objects. the engine allows for 1024 objects to be ghosted from the server.
  • So is it at all possible to change?
  • Not unless you want to port T2 onto a newer version of Torque.
  • What about Electricutioner's Piece Compression thingy? It's been a while since I heard anything about it but I was present during some of the tests for it and it seemed to work.
  • It does work. It is just obnoxiously slow. I am considering a possible way to speed it up to essentially real time, but it will take time to implement.