A Suggestion that will enlighten Forum admins!

Here is an idea... make a timer that closes inactive threads that are over 1-2 months years old. Yes.. No longer will you have to put up with erog46 reviving 4 year old threads!

heh. would of been better if Billy Mays did that.. oh well. still, its a good idea?

Comments

• VGCA: I love
    VGS: Shazbot!
  • No.

Sure, the pointless +1 threads would get deleted.
    However, so will sticky threads and threads referring to projects, answered questions, ideas, and other valid topics.

Sometimes all a mod has to do is delete the necro post
  • Reviving a dead thread isn't always bad if there's new relevant information being posted.

I mean, sure, that's not usually the case, but I'm just saying. It's kind of a lose-lose situation, really: If someone revives a dead topic they're told not to, but if someone starts a thread with the same subject, they get told to search before they make a new topic. :shrug:
  • Maybe one of the mods could just sweep through all the recent topics every now and then and delete any threads that have died that obviously have had no activity in over a certain threshold of time; say, 2 weeks? Might take 5 minutes of a mod's life but that's probably the same amount of time they'd take to write a reply scolding everyone who revives dead threads anyway... I see Turkeh as my number one candidate :lol:

Thoughts?
  • I'll delete some of the exceedingly useless ones.

edit: How's that?
  • Sounds good, as long as you're fair about it. Also I don't know if you've changed it from an hour ago, but the link in your sticky is broken.
  • We should just kill ergo and stash his body in Spin's wardrobe.
  • Or we could do something that I haven't already done... not been wondering why you haven't seen him around recently?
  • I think it may have something to do with King Vazzy's arrival.

This ergo chappie probably shitted him/herself when our patriot came back from the dead.
  • Or perhaps moved on to bigger and better things after all his pleas for SA went ignored :D
  • Here is an idea... make a timer that closes inactive threads that are over 1-2 months years old. Yes.. No longer will you have to put up with erog46 reviving 4 year old threads!

heh. would of been better if Billy Mays did that.. oh well. still, its a good idea?
    Fuck you!
  • wow, erog swore.

Im telling your mummy! (when I see her tonight ;))
  • Fuck you!
    lol. :wave:

well.. instead of deleting them, you could make it lock them instead, and avoid stickies?
  • I was having a good day... Until I found out I was banned from TWM.

Lovely, my purpose has succeeded.

And, I thought that was the original idea. auto-lock dead threads, not delete them. all a mod would have to do is unlock a thread if needed.
  • thats what i was saying.. or another idea would be a list of threads which havent been updated for 1-2months, and the mods can stop the legit threads from being locked automatically?
  • Lovely, my purpose has succeeded.

And, I thought that was the original idea. auto-lock dead threads, not delete them. all a mod would have to do is unlock a thread if needed.

You fail at sarcasm, good sir. Infact, I think this calls for some action.
  • Let's just ban erog...
    loljk
  • You fail at sarcasm, good sir. Infact, I think this calls for some action.
    rysterf.
  • rysterf.
    If it is, he's posting from the same IP as keen... :confused:
    Lovely, my purpose has succeeded.
    :lol:
  • Strange...rysterf is at keen's house.
  • I thought so too.
  • Yep.
    i need more characters in this message, so here are my characters
  • I'm lazy, but basically Eehk just helping bring a thread's subject off topic. :)
  • I'm lazy, but basically Eehk just helping bring a thread's subject off topic. :)
    Thats my job. *'_'