Castige needs YOU

Hello. I've been looking for a chat encryption script, or how to make one, for like, a year now. I was wondering if anyone could provide me a starter, or even a whole one, thank you.

Comments

• Chat encryption scripts are utterly pointless, and clog up the chat HUD. They make IM clients for reasons. Like Xfire. Or AIM. Maybe even MSN.

Or, if you're too stingy to download, just about every mod has a private messaging command.

ACCM: !name message
    TC: !name message
    TWM: /pm name message
  • I agree with snow.

The use of a chat encryption script that abruptly spams DFSBA(U$_UKUfd$<I )*D(S)A_J@ N#(UDGAHDGISYG&@)*&amp;*( in the chat menu is more or less used to show off to everyone in the server that you can say something privately to someone with a script. It's rather pointless, if you really need to tell someone something in private, use Xfire, any IM client, or use the methods that the server supports.

But if you insist on annoying everyone with the method of an encryption script, a simple way to make one by making the begining of your message something that the decryptor will recognize as the encoder versus regular chat, then having each letter equal another letter or symbol. For example, it would look something like this:

When typed:
    Blnukem: MyEnc: Hi Castiger!

When sent through chat:
    Blnukem: MyEnc: Q( L)28^@a!.

When recieved via someone with the decryptor:
    Blnukem: MyEnc: Q( L)28^@a!.
    Blnukem: MyEnc: Hi Castiger! Decrypted message, viewable only to someone with the decryptor. By using addMessageHudLine("message");
  • EFNPODBSE
    DEMONCARD

damn im good. /'_'\
  • I agree with Snow and Nukem, chat encryption is just bullshit to show off (hence why most of the time it also involves lots of colors and shit, and God help you if you dare to act all puzzled by the shitloads of gibberish these pro guys output, I mean DUH, it's encrypted chat, you noob)
  • I doubt anyone would have figured out my DemonCode if I didnt say the answer.
  • I agree with Snow and Nukem, chat encryption is just bullshit to show off (hence why most of the time it also involves lots of colors and shit, and God help you if you dare to act all puzzled by the shitloads of gibberish these pro guys output, I mean DUH, it's encrypted chat, you noob)

Actually the use of chat encryption is the reason I made my ZOMG COLORS bind, since it's all colors anyway. :p
  • How did you make that bind? Demon like colour.
  • I made it so each letter is assigned a random color. :p
  • I made it so each letter is assigned a random color. :p

which isn't all that hard.
  • which isn't all that hard.

Did you figure that out all on your own? :)

*gives phantom a twinkee*

Aww... He's getting so smart! We should rejoice this rare occasion!
  • So go ahead and tell me.

Unless you're chicken.

*demoncard kills phantom for the twinkee, bites off his leg, and gives his kill to the demon pups*
    If you're not-so-subtly referring to the chat encryption script that I use regularly, you should know that the distribution over all (255, non-null, ASCII) characters is uniform. That the message HUD uses certain characters to change colors is only an incidental effect, and is what causes the coloration, not some intentional showing off. Any genuinely strong crypto script is going to look like line noise, visually equivalent to that.

The more nifty chat encryption systems invisibly insert one message into another. That seems to annoy people less, since they aren't complaining about alleged gibberish, but they have their own limitations in use.
  • the scripts are quite fun though :D
  • If you're not-so-subtly referring to the chat encryption script that I use regularly, you should know that the distribution over all (255, non-null, ASCII) characters is uniform....*Demon goes back to his nest*

So how does Blnukem say ZOMG COLORS?

Also, VGRT.
    And finally...sorry for building a box around you.
  • Or, if you're too stingy to download, just about every mod has a private messaging command.

ACCM: !name message
    TC: !name message
    TWM: /pm name message

The only problem with that, is that admins/ super admins/ hosts may have the ability to read PM's. Which would kinda defeat the purpose of a PRIVATE message. Still, there is the option of an out-of-game messaging program such as XFire. I personally don't mind chat encryption scripts that make messages look like gibberish to me. I just ignore it and keep on doing what I'm doing.

P.S. You forgot the "r" in your name in the title of this thread Castiger.
  • Encrypted chat is more secure (Hosts cant read it) and everyone with the decrypter can read it, so you don't need to PM a ton of people. Also, tabbing out to use an IM client can be inconvenient if you just need to send a few messages.
  • The only problem with that, is that admins/ super admins/ hosts may have the ability to read PM's. Which would kinda defeat the purpose of a PRIVATE message. Still, there is the option of an out-of-game messaging program such as XFire. I personally don't mind chat encryption scripts that make messages look like gibberish to me. I just ignore it and keep on doing what I'm doing.

P.S. You forgot the "r" in your name in the title of this thread Castiger.
    And private messages in all of the mods are sent as non-chat message types, so people with logging script don't save the contents of those messages. Generally if I go to the trouble of encrypting something, it's important, thus log worthy.

Oh, and the tiny detail of if you have more than one person you want to talk to at a time.

Random line-noise isn't any more annoying than the stupidly simple alphabet substitution systems. In fact, it's probably less, because it's tempting to spend a few minutes breaking said alphabet substitution systems, whereas the line-noise is almost certainly a modern cipher that outstrips any reasonable attack.
  • hence why most of the time it also involves lots of colors and shit

that happens to be an accidental side effect, though i could be wrong