Computer Issues

I HAS THEM.

Kk, has the windows XP profressional CD, tried to re-format because I managed to somehow make it so that my computer couldn't detect internet, at all. Or my router detect my computer. SO.

Reformated. Got system erros... BSODs... finally got it going, with like, four missing files. Copied the files from mom's laptop via usb, put them on mine. WOO.

Almost every file I download is "corrupted", just about every cd is "corrupted", and I get a shitload of random restarts, random applications closing, and random BSOD with physical memory dump.

I have no fucking clue what I did wrong. :(

Comments

• Download a new copy of XP. Try again.

Alternatively, stop living in the past and get Windows 7.
  • I HAS THEM.

Kk, has the windows XP profressional CD, tried to re-format because I managed to somehow make it so that my computer couldn't detect internet, at all. Or my router detect my computer. SO.

Reformated. Got system erros... BSODs... finally got it going, with like, four missing files. Copied the files from mom's laptop via usb, put them on mine. WOO.

Almost every file I download is "corrupted", just about every cd is "corrupted", and I get a shitload of random restarts, random applications closing, and random BSOD with physical memory dump.

I have no fucking clue what I did wrong. :(

I love how you get CPU issues, when my desktop's graphics card and power supply dies.
  • I love how you get CPU issues, when my desktop's graphics card and power supply dies.

...FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!1

Also, to solve your problem, you need to find the model numbers of your NIC to download your network drivers when you install XP. This way you'll have network/internet access and can grab the rest of your drivers from your box instead of via USB. Also, to allow for USB 2.0, you need at least XP SP2 or 3, so make sure you download and install those service packs first before doing anything else.
  • Windows 7 is basically Windows Vista with a crapload of service packs attached. I'ma wait for them to fix it a bit more. XP is still somewhat reliable, and everything is still for the XP. So.
  • Actually, Windows 7 is a vast improvement over Vista. M$ effectively won back a lot of the crowd they lost with Vista, and for good reason. Some benchmarks have 7 doing better than even XP, and stability has been fine. I ran a testbed for 7, and I have to say I'm impressed.
  • Download a new copy of XP. Try again.

Alternatively, stop living in the past and get Windows 7.

Windows 7 isnt even released yet.

Snow, is your XP CD Bitch-Scrached?
  • No.

My computer says the fucking t2 GSI file from file front is corrupt, and that's where I have always downloaded from. >:C

And keen, in that case, I'll actually have to try Windows 7.
  • And keen, in that case, I'll actually have to try Windows 7.
    ....which expires june 2010....and is no longer distributing RC's
  • Windows 7 is basically Windows Vista with a crapload of service packs attached. I'ma wait for them to fix it a bit more. XP is still somewhat reliable, and everything is still for the XP. So.
    Not quite...

The release client I'm running is the best Windows experience I've had - install takes literally less than half the time of any other version, it boots faster, most drivers will already be installed when the OS is installed (probably need updates, but they'll be working), many more useful utilities and a more powerful control panel, more devices recognized, networking has been vastly improved, and the interface is nicer (imo). All of this is just this Release Client - not even the full proper release.

The only problems I've had at all are weird driver stuff with my mom's printer.

You can probably still find a cracked version of the RC. I wouldn't blame you for waiting, it would probably be a hassle. Don't go around calling it "Vista with service packs" though, it's not.

Never really understood people's beef with Vista in the first place...
  • All of this is just this Release Client - not even the full proper release.
    its actually a Release Candidate
    lolcorrected
  • I think my point still stands
  • i wish i could still download it. should have snapped at the chance while it was there.
  • Official release is in October...
  • I'm still gonna wait until I have like, an Alienware laptop, or something of that grade before I switch to Windows 7. Which... should be by next year. :D
  • Official release is in October...

Im Preordering :)
  • Windows 7 doesnt take a $1000+ computer to run, and you can get a better and cheaper desktop by building it yourself. Oh, didnt notice that you said laptop.
  • yeah now that i think of it, i am pretty sure my school will have it for like 15 dollars for students. guess ill try that =p
  • Good luck with it :P :D
  • they do say that super grade pcs like my dads (i7 with 12gb ram and the latest nvidia card aka the 295gtx) run very very fast, on win7 they say its faster than xp but is as stable as xp, which considering we have all mostly used even when vista first came out, is a pretty huge improvement.

overall, im likely going to get my gaming pc ordered once they update what os i wish to have set up for me
  • Intel are phail. get AMD processors
  • Sig, what are you smoking?
  • yeah now that i think of it, i am pretty
    rofl...
  • what can i say =p
  • Intel are phail. get AMD processors
    Not really...
  • Not really...
    ...at all
  • heres the bench marks for Vista Xp and Windows 7 Booting times ect

Vista boot up time - 58Sec

Windows 7 boot up time 47Sec

Windows Xp boot up - 50Sec

Shutdown times

Windows Vista -43Sec

Windows 7 - 35Sec

Windows Xp 33Sec

Game FPS

Windows XP -

Company of heroes(fps) 28fps

Unreal Tournament 3(fps) 31fps

Windows Vista -

Company of heroes(fps) 22fps

Unreal Tournament 3(fps) 28fps

Windows 7 -

Company of heroes(fps) 25fps

Unreal Tournament 3(fps) 33fps
  • My vista takes 5 mins to be able to load up T2 without any damn pop ups. Register your Norton Antivirus. NO.
  • Demon, never again post in one of my threads. They are meant for the coherent and intelligent, and either requirement would disqualify you.