Coming Soon...Zombeh.

Comments

• Updated it to a newer version:
    Download

This is a game I'm making for my game programming class at school, made with Game Maker. You have to kill all of the zombies on a level to progress. Currently, there is only one level.

Changes since the last version:
    • Smoother movement when you hit walls
    • Barrel explosions do damage
    • If a bullet's collision fails, it will guess at what was shot, and damage it
    • Tweaked zombie spawning/speed a bit
    • Zombies fade out when killed now
    • Added some sound effects
    • Strafing inverts based on mouse/character position

Plans for next version:
    • ?

Again, please tell me if you find any issues, or have suggestions.
  • How do I build? :p
  • What is this I don't even..
  • What is this I don't even..

What?
  • It wouldn't kill you to post a description of the file >.>
  • Ok, it's a game for a school project. You go around and kill zombies. Mez did the graphics.
  • ALL OF THEM.

And Nao did the coding.
  • Controls were hard to get acquainted with
  • Ripoff of CCM.

lol jk... Controls were hard though.
  • What about the controls are hard?
  • its just Move --- > Click? whats so hard about them?
  • Never seen a control setup like that before. Half the time it was unresponsive.
  • Yeah, the controls are a bit confusing, maybe you could put the control keys/info on the startup screen
    • W - Forward
    • S - Backward
    • A - Strafe Left
    • D - Strafe Right
    • Mouse - Turn and fire

Seems like colliding with a wall requires you to repress keys to start moving again

Other than that, nice zombie hunter.
  • Yeah, game maker is rather sucky, so there isn't a whole lot I can do to fix the issue with walls and stopping...

And, you can press F1 for info/controls. I suppose I should put that on the main screen.

Pssst, Mez, add that to the main screen, I don't have the .psd
  • What about the controls are hard?
    If you get turned around, you might press A to go left, when your guy really moves right, etc.
  • I'd like to hear Phantom139's opinion and critical thoughts on this project.

Probably something like:

"I demand my name in the credits for this game."
  • Ok, I made it invery strafing controls depending on if your mouse is above or below the player, might make it less confusing. I added some sounds too. Also, when you shoot barrels, the explosion damages nearby objects. I'll post a newer version after I finish up a few things...
  • in that pic, is that nao with the gun, and mez as the zombie?

That's actually a fairly interesting question.

simply this:

Don't use game maker to make games

that is all.
    Why yes it is; very observant of you.

Also, Game Maker was the only way we could complete it. It originated as a school project for Nao's class and was required that it be done with Game Maker. From the coding perspective, it was apparently very difficult to make it a top-down game as opposed to another platformer.
  • simply this:

Don't use game maker to make games

that is all.

Read before you talk, Phantom. It was for school. It's what the class uses.
  • Reminds me of Left 4K Dead, a 4K Java applet "clone" of Left 4 Dead. It had the same mechanics and control scheme, as well as comparable graphics.
  • Never heard of it, but this was inspired by Left 4 Dead. Also.. zombies that are off screen pass through obstacles now, to avoid standstills. Zombies on screen will randomly turn right or left to get unstuck. It makes it a bit harder to beat.

I also added a bonus level after the first. When you die on a bonus level, it goes to the next level instead of restarting the game. But.. I need Mez to make another level/ obstacles for the level, and that is a lot of work.

Any other suggestions?
  • ..If a bullet's collision fails, it will guess at what was shot, and damage it..
    *Lawls*
  • Any suggestions as to what this "bonus level" should be? It'll be out of story canon, so feel free to go (appropriately) crazy on ideas.
  • secret base!!!one111