GFX Skills?

Well I played around with GIMP and made this in about an hour or two:
Untitled26.png

After finishing it I wondered if anyone else played around with graphics at this level and whether or not there's a shared interest in this kind of thing.

Comments

• I used to mess with photoshop and make stuff like that, IF I ever get some time I'll try something out.
  • 2ep6d0l.jpg
    This is the start of something...I haven't worked on it in a few good months, so I don't know if I'll really resume it.

Also, my current sig is self-made.
  • Something I recently made:

au9q10.jpg
  • heh.

Try to keep things in quality. While the text and lines are fine, the speaker needs to be aliased
  • you mean, anti-aliased. and i still think its good =p
  • Supposed to look pixelly :P I just played "Captain Forever" and it's a quality game with 1px lines and glowing colors. Fairly simple and nifty.
  • Hmm. I've got a bunch of stuff if anyone cares to see. I could zip it up.
  • Hmm... This is the start of an interesting thread.

@Fast
    Im wondering how long it took you to learn how to make that....

@Mezzy
    Just a Question, Is that your real Car?

@Dayuppy
    That would be cool.
  • @Fast
    Im wondering how long it took you to learn how to make that....
    Too fucking long...

I got into using GIMP since the beta testing of Pirates of the Burning Sea (Dec. 2007 - Jan. 2008)

I should be making pure sex by now, metaphorically speaking.
  • "Captain Forever"

What a game!
  • Just a Question, Is that your real Car?
    I freakin' wish.

I'm redoing my current sig now, trying to make it into a rando-sig.
  • Hiya. Here we go. So I make most of 'dis shit in Irfanview during lunch hour in da Media Center and Only da bestest pics like da beer truck, me, and like 2 others are from Adobe PS Elements 6.0. I made almost all the ones from school in a period of like 3 weeks. I do not have my mind set on what to do, I just do it. I just started using IrfanView like 3 weeks ago too UGH!!! My file is too big to upload. 24 Mb. If anyone has a site where I could host this monster with all my pics, please tell me.
  • Does making stuff with paper count?

tumblr_kxwudtwW7o1qa3e4io1_500.jpg

I used the cut and paste tools. IRL.
  • What is this "IRL" of which you speak?