Thyth, Electricutioner - Logic Pack

I must say, the Logic Pack creation is very awesome.
Why is everyone playing on the other servers when on ECM you have this great pack?

Comments

• ECM seems to attract a different crowd than Metallic does.
  • i dont see people on, thats the only reason i dont join. its boring being on your own =(
  • The-Construct.net hosted servers were around more consistently in the last critical player ramp up period. Now, since people have accumulated saved buildings, and have become accustomed to the particular experience on the Metallic servers, not too many people want to venture into ECM.

The commands in ECM are different, the tools in ECM are a little different, and the building saving system is less refined (done with chat commands instead of an entry in the lobby) leading some people to think that you can't save at all there. These differences seem to scare people off. Metallic and ECM branched off a common Construction version (0.69a) so long ago (2003ish) that the differences in implementation are just a fact of life.

The mod is, and has always been, a programming playground for me. I implemented the things that I thought would be cool (like the logic pack/programmable switch, motion device, merge tool, etc.). Making it intuitive to other users has never been a priority.
  • I see.
    Well people should venture onto ECM! Once they take the small amount of time to learn the commands and such, the reward is great!
  • Like Thyth said, I just have so much saved on the TC servers that I don't really feel the need to learn a new mod and start over :p

Besides, I usually join to build with people that I enjoy building with. Usually they are on TC servers.
  • I keep accumulating unfinished projects in the TC servers to the point that simply saying "I'll switch to ECM once I'm done in Metallic" means "Never."

Plus I got a lot more used to Metallic. Was a bitch at first 'cause I began as a Quantium builder.

I'm sure it'll be the same process when I get into ECM more often.
  • Metallic sucks. Nuff said.
  • +1 Controversy Point(s)
  • I keep accumulating unfinished projects in the TC servers to the point that simply saying "I'll switch to ECM once I'm done in Metallic" means "Never."

Plus I got a lot more used to Metallic. Was a bitch at first 'cause I began as a Quantium builder.

I'm sure it'll be the same process when I get into ECM more often.

I also started as a Quantium builder.
    Now I'm used to ECM and Metallic.
  • wait, we have a logic pack now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHIT YES!!!!!!!!
  • ok scratch tht, we need a logic pack on mettalic plz!