A rare chance

Greetings denizens of Construction.

Krash and I often talk about random things. Something interesting that came up in conversation was infinity, and how our corporation was going to be broken down.

Yes Krash and I will run a corporation.

Here is your chance to make your thoughts/opinions heard and taken into consideration (or not). What ever happens at least you said something right?

Here is what we were thinking.

Corporation 1

Name: Blood Eagle
Run by: Krash and Me
Break down of Divisions: Intelligence Agency, Industrial Agency, Large scale fleet ops, and small scale covert ops.

Basically you are put into divisions based on what you want to do. No real distinction between them name wise.

Corporation 2

name: The Construct
Run by: Krash and Me
Break down of Divisions: Blood Eagle (Large Scale Fleet ops), Diamond Sword (Industrial), Starwolf (Covert ops), Harbingers of Phoenix (Intelligence).

Has a hierarchal structure like Corp 1, how ever the naming is more structured and distinct. Also brings some Tribes elements into the game.

Share your thoughts.

I would also like to note if you so do chose to join the corporation, you are not permitted to speak to outsiders about the structure and operations of the corporations, or even your role with in.

Comments

• Corp 2 Is the one I prefer, it will be a lot easier to distinguish people by their designated area of work, making management overall easier.
    Also brings some Tribes elements into the game.
    Do we get to go out in a suit of armour and jetpack around? :p
  • Sounds like a plan
  • ...*sigh*.

Freakin monthly subscriptions.

I'd go for the 2nd corp.
  • Citizen Krash
  • Either one looks good, and tribes elements are always good, so I'd say the second one :)

And seeing how my summer has been so far (kinda slow and boring) I'll probably get the game pretty early upon release. (Is it coming out this summer?)
  • No humans, im pretty sure its in internal alpha right now.
  • Oh wait INFINITY not EVE....sheesh.

...I hope they don't have monthly subscriptions...

If they don't, I'll join the 2nd corp. All of those sections look like great fun, save for Diamond Sword, but I'll go where needed for The Construct.
  • Infinity is going to be free, then you can subscribe and get extra stuff. And I'm in, the second one sounds cooler to me.
  • If I ever see any real content in that game, then I'll think about joining.
  • If it is
    A) Free, as Promised, and hopefully the corp will operate within mainly free part
    B) Able to run on my toaster+iPod computer

I will Join.
  • Count me in
    (I prefer model #2)
  • Zaxx, how does that setup work, is the ipod the screen and input? lol
  • We also reserve the right to refuse entry of anyone.

The Construct is not an equal opportunity employer.
  • Let me break down the divisions for you all.

BE will largely be responsible for large fleet battles.

What does this mean?

It means they will plan and execute large scale engagements as appointed by the Leadership.

Who can partake?

Everyone is encouraged to take part in these battles. Just because you are an industrial guy, doesn't mean you can't blow some shit up too.

Phoenix

They are responsible for intelligence gathering and counter intelligence.

What does this mean?

This means they screen all new guys etc. Gather intelligence on enemies via penetrating their ranks.

It doesn't stop there. We want the network of intelligence to stretch to every corp around us. Need to keep an eye on everyone.

They should also supply false information if needed. The intelligence folks would also have the responsibility to inform the need to know folks about weaknesses of enemy empires etc.

They need to also prevent intelligence gathering on us. Counter espionage. That also reminds me. They should also be well versed in market mechanics to manipulate the markets of our enemies to hurt them both in terms of material supplies and their ability to reacquire materials through price sabotage.

Starwolf

They do tactical strikes.

What does that mean?

Its pretty simple really. The higher ups feed them the information on possible soft targets. They then decide how best to attack these targets in the most surgical way.

Example: We know the enemy is mining from belt X around planet Y. It is up to the starwolf unit to get in there, destroy it, salvage it and get out with minimal losses and with out alerting the main force of said corporation.

Basically black ops.

Diamond Sword

They are the industrial might

What does that mean?

Well this is the most important aspect of the corp. Krash and I will probably oversee much of this personally.

It is up to the folks in DS to execute mining operations, refine the materials and make the ships. They procure the means/materials to make our Corp strong. They can go to empire and haul items out to our planet system, execute mining ops, and have the industrial might to make grand fleets.

Exciting stuff
  • Phoenix and Starwolf both sound fun. Actually they all sound pretty awesome. Looking forward to it.
  • Zaxx, how does that setup work, is the ipod the screen and input? lol

Well, the Ipod Broke, so now its a walkman, whenever I want sound I have to put in a pre-recorded CD of all the sounds. As for power, a tiny dynamo turns on when I put bread in the toaster, and that powers it for a few hours.
  • So how do we exactly get into this, or is it not released yet?
  • So how do we exactly get into this, or is it not released yet?

Troll post removed
  • The game wont be released for another ten years.

But this world won't last another ten years :(
  • I wouldn't mind being a part of Phoenix. Starwolf sounds epic, but I'm not sure how well my piloting skills will be.

As for intelligence and espionage, that sounds right up my alley. I'd love to screen new recruits, offer false info to screeners, and perhaps infiltrate enemy corporations up to the point of where I can sabotage a large-scale operation, then have Starwolf fly in to disable the weak spots so Blood Eagle can clean house.

I also love diplomatic relations, and I'm taking an accounting class next semester, so market mechanics will be like a toy to me.

So yeah, if I'm allowed access to the Corp., I'd like to sign up for Phoenix.
  • Interesting stuff.