Pandora

Something I came across in minecraft forums.

Combination of subnotebook and game console.
It's developed by OpenPandora.
It's a handheld portable game console that reminds bit of nintedo DS. It's using

Comments

• wow, I see they've done some re-designing since I last saw those. : o

Isn't it still in its pre-release form? (ie, they're selling a small number at an increased price to further develop the platform)

Edit:
    lol! That thing is more powerful of a PC than the computer I first played T2 on. XD
  • I don't really know, they are selling "second batch" now.
  • looks kind of cool. about 2 years ago

they took too long to get it out in production imo
  • Demoncard will buy this.
  • To hold it like a standard hand-held console or game controller would result in mashing the keys under the area where one's thumb is jointed to the person's hand, provided that person likes to comfortably hold standard hand-held consoles or game controllers.

That being said, it may be better to have the "keyboard" positioned forward and the "controller" positioned backward.

Notice the analog sticks being in-line with the directional pad and buttons, which would go against the circular range of motion for a normal thumb.

To top it all off, the screen is relatively small to handle high resolution graphics, limiting the quality of visuals for the games that may be developed with this console in mind, (at least the visuals).
  • Some videos of it.
    Unboxing
    First powerup
    Day 1
    Couldn't get them embedded. >.>